• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

How many people can this 2 BR unit in Marriott Ocean Club - Lahaina and Napilli Towers - accomodate

seema

TUG Member
Reaction score
I got a week this coming Oct through Destination points.

This is what my reservation says in terms of bed situation ) see below). Question - how many people can the unit accommodate? What about Bedroom 2 - 2 people or 4 people? Is there a sofa bed in the living room - can it sleep 2 people? So can this unit sleep 6 people or 8 people?

Are all MVCI resorts like that - do they have the same bed/sofa bed configuration, and can they all accommodate the same number of guests (system-wide)?

2 Bedroom Villa, Bedroom 1: 1 King, Bedroom 2: 1 King, Sofa beds: 2, Bathrooms: 2, Oceanfront​
Guaranteed Requests:​
None​

Fasttr

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott's Grande Ocean (Enrolled)
MVC Trust Points
2 in master on King
2 in 2nd bedroom on King
2 in 2nd bedroom on Sofa sleeper
2 in Living room on Sofa sleeper

8 total

n777lt

TUG Member
Reaction score
Keep in mind that the accommodation limits are usually legal limits, set either by local ordinance or property documents, so if you mention to front desk you have 10 guests in a unit with an 8-guest limit, they will balk (they can bar occupancy, but I'm not sure as a practical matter how that would play out)! Your confirmation document states capacity, IIRC. As for various room configurations and capacities, it's best to check the room layouts on the MVCI website for the property... a 2 bedroom at one MVCI is not necessarily equal in capacity to a 2 bedroom at another MVCI.

MOXJO7282

Tug Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
I was surprised Marriott allowed 5 in a 1BDRM original tower. For a 2020 week I rented I had a client ask if they could have a family of 5 in a 1BDRM OF and I said if Marriott was OK with it I would be. I called and was surprised they said OK so the occupancy limits aren't in stone, at least not in the 1BDRMs from my recent experience.

Quadmaniac

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Willow Ridge (x2), Ko Olina week 51 (x3) & 52(x2)
The bigger question is how comfortable will you be with that many people in a suite. Some don't care and would squeeze in for a week so really its all about how tight you want to be in a room. As along as everyone is good with it, go for it. I personally like some personal space but its up to each individual.

bazzap

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
I was surprised Marriott allowed 5 in a 1BDRM original tower. For a 2020 week I rented I had a client ask if they could have a family of 5 in a 1BDRM OF and I said if Marriott was OK with it I would be. I called and was surprised they said OK so the occupancy limits aren't in stone, at least not in the 1BDRMs from my recent experience.
I would be more surprised, indeed I think it would be ridiculous to allow 5 people in a one bed unit for both health & safety reasons and for impact on other owners.
However, I would accept whatever MVC set the maximum occupancy to be, provided that they then enforced it.

echino

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HYN HCC HWP HYP
HRA KAN WSJ WKV WLR SVV
MCV MKO MM1 MPU MSK
GP7
Valdoro
HHV Lagoon
Where can I look up Marriott occupancy limits? For example, I own a 2br at Ko Olina, and nowhere in the ownership documents, on the MVC website, or in the reservation email does it state maximum occupancy. Is there anything in writing?

Pamplemousse

TUG Member
Reaction score
Where can I look up Marriott occupancy limits? For example, I own a 2br at Ko Olina, and nowhere in the ownership documents, on the MVC website, or in the reservation email does it state maximum occupancy. Is there anything in writing?

I know on the Marriott website under room amenities for each type of room it gives the maximum occupancy. Kind of labor intensive to look at each one, maybe someone else knows of a better way.

mrichards

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Harborside at Atlantis
I would be more surprised, indeed I think it would be ridiculous to allow 5 people in a one bed unit for both health & safety reasons and for impact on other owners.
However, I would accept whatever MVC set the maximum occupancy to be, provided that they then enforced it.
I have used a one bedroom for my family of 5, as I have a toddler who sleeps in bed with us and 2 other older, albeit still young, children who have used the pullout sofa.

Quadmaniac

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Willow Ridge (x2), Ko Olina week 51 (x3) & 52(x2)

Interval Reservations say 6 privately, 8 maximum.

bazzap

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
I have used a one bedroom for my family of 5, as I have a toddler who sleeps in bed with us and 2 other older, albeit still young, children who have used the pullout sofa.
I guess that a baby sharing their parents bed may be excluded from the maximum room occupancy?
The Marriott.com website though clearly shows

Beds and Bedding
  • Maximum Occupancy: 4
  • 1 King
  • Sofa bed
  • Rollaway beds not permitted
  • Cribs not permitted
  • Duvet