• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

How many of you are now online/go pick up addicts?

CPNY

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Harborside Resort at Atlantis
SVV - Key West/Bella
WKV
Regal Vista at Massanutten
PigsDad - your post was stirring the post and definitely was a hijack attempt. So no whining.
Side note, I like the new avatar lol

clifffaith

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Worldmark
But we're all asked to take the one/ones we've handled. Can't get to back of the cooler for that later date without handling several. I am a person who likes to check for dates, move others so I can get to the back, pick up the fruit or vegetable and gently squeeze it. I like to look at the bags of lettuce and get the freshest looking. I look at the back of each box or package of bacon to get an even amount of lean and fat! However, the few times I've been in a grocery during COVID, I don't do that anymore. I'm trying to comply to make it safer for others. I was hoping others are trying to make it safer for me too. Maybe not.

I am diligent about checking dates on cold items. However I don't tend to check other things and get nailed once or twice a year. Most recently it was hotdog buns around the 4th of July. I'd put them in the freezer as soon as I brought them home, then within a week opened the package and found mold which made me look at the date which had a best by within a day or two of when I purchased them. So now I'm looking at dates on cracker and pasta boxes and bread wrappers, but will eventually get lulled back into only checking refrigerated items.

clifffaith

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Worldmark
Olive Garden went smoothly. I pulled into a curbside pickup spot at 3:07, called the phone number on the sign, and was on my way at 3:12. See's was disorganized. The instructions when ordering online say pull in, call them that you have arrived, stay in your car until they have put your order on the table out front, don't leave your car until they have retreated back inside and closed the door. Well they don't answer the phone, are allowing people to order in person, and there were a number of socially distanced people milling around outside. I finally had to be a little pushy, and another lady camped on behind me, saying we had pre-placed orders. The slight irritation was that they've been operating this way since the week before Father's Day ( mail order only before that, and closed completely early on in the pandemic), so I expected them to run more smoothly.

LOL, I was so busy enjoying my Olive Garden meal (complete with an Andes candy) and finishing up the last of a carton of chocolate ice cream last night, that I didn't open my See's bag. Just found two individually wrapped candies that are the covid version of the free samples See's always gives out, and a huge handful of small chocolate hard candies that I've never tried before that are delish!

heathpack

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Hyatt High Sierra and Highland Inn
Disney’s Grand Californian and Hilton Head Island
Marriott Barony Beach and Mountainside
MVC Points
Sheraton Broadway Plantation
After watching grocery store clerks fulfil online/phone-in orders I will go to the store myself. Just grabbing the first jug out of the cooler, no checking best before dates, and man handling fruit like grapes not looking at their condition or the ripeness of a pineapple. I'll pick out my own produce!

I assumed this is the kind of stuff I’d be dealing with as an Instacart customer but I’ve actually been quite pleased. I’m an avid cook and a foodie so that’s saying something.

Probably 50% of our orders are produce and I get mostly good quality stuff. Any problem I have with an order- crushed raspberries, a cracked egg- gets reported to Instacart and the response is that they refund my purchase price. So, if my raspberries are crushed, I mix up a big batch of raspberry yogurt with my free raspberries and don't feel the slightest stress over it. One cracked egg means the other 11 are free? I can live with that too.

Ive also figured out to buy produce from Instacart that is supermarket appropriate stuff. I’m never gonna get the same quality in a supermarket peach that I get in a Farmers Market peach, so I don’t buy peaches through Instacart. Supermarket blueberries are pretty good but supermarket strawberries not so much. But still, I am willing to gussy up a supermarket strawberry if I’m getting them on sale for $1.50 per quart. So we’ll have sliced supermarket strawberries over pound cake for dessert tonight. I know I can vastly improve a supermarket strawberry with a little homemade vanilla sugar. And so on: supermarket broccoli, cabbage, onions, romaine, zucchini, bell peppers, potatoes, carrots are fine and they keep well, so that’s what we eat these days.

Obviously each of us needs to find our own way through this pandemic. I have been working throughout and am exposed to a lot of people at work, so I personally can’t justify much more exposure to people than I already have. Hence: Instacart. I’m not trying to convince you to do as I do, because I assume you have your own life well in hand and you know your own risk tolerance and priorities. But I think it’s worth pointing out that for folks in my boat- who can’t really justify trips to the store while simultaneously valuing good quality food- Instacart can indeed be a viable option. It’s not lesser quality food at higher prices, as a lot of folks assume. My first hand experience is good quality food at a slight premium but still affordable cost, with some real upsides from a household inventory management perspective.

mdurette

Sighting Expert & TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
I always have been online for about 80% of my purchases. I would say now I am around 98% (some favorites you just can't get online).
Walmart grocery is my go-to. It started with pick up and when they expanded to delivery about 6 months ago I started with that. Love that I can get "JUST" about everything I need from them delivered to my door without the added cost of normal delivery methods. Twice a week they are here....it isn't just food.....socks, pool chemicals, bird seed, shoelaces, garden gloves, potting soil, makeup are just a few of my no grocery items......

normab

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
During our lockdown we used Instacart. They made so many mistakes, but we wanted to respect the lockdown. Since then we still use Amazon and online shopping, as we always have done, (We do quite a bit) but we are doing our own grocery shopping. We generally go out twice a week and organize our errands/shopping to minimize contact with others, e.g we shop early.

We wear masks and use lots of hand sanitizer before getting in the car. Gloves can be a problem as you may touch your glasses or phone or whatever, and then you take off your gloves and touch those things...Cross contamination....

geoand

TUG Review Crew: Rookie
TUG Member
Reaction score
DW has been Amazon prime member for a few years. Prior to Covid, I did 100% of the grocery shopping. Now we pick up our groceries. I am surprised as to the amount of money we are not spending now. Our grocery bill is SIGNIFICANTLY smaller now than in pre Covid.

Brett

Reaction score
I always have been online for about 80% of my purchases. I would say now I am around 98% (some favorites you just can't get online).
Walmart grocery is my go-to. It started with pick up and when they expanded to delivery about 6 months ago I started with that. Love that I can get "JUST" about everything I need from them delivered to my door without the added cost of normal delivery methods. Twice a week they are here....it isn't just food.....socks, pool chemicals, bird seed, shoelaces, garden gloves, potting soil, makeup are just a few of my no grocery items......

so Walmart now delivers. I guess that's become the new normal.
I still like to look at the produce and meats before buying but everything else --- delivery is good

Last edited:

rickandcindy23

TUG Review Crew: Elite
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham Founder; Disney OKW & SSR; Marriott's Willow Ridge,Shadow Ridge,Grand Chateau;Val Chatelle; Hono Koa OF (3); SBR(LOTS), SDO a few; Grand Palms; WKORV-OF (2),Westin Desert Willow.
I have not picked up a single addict. I don't pick up strangers. That is how I read that. :ROFLMAO:

mdurette

TUG Member
Reaction score
DW has been Amazon prime member for a few years. Prior to Covid, I did 100% of the grocery shopping. Now we pick up our groceries. I am surprised as to the amount of money we are not spending now. Our grocery bill is SIGNIFICANTLY smaller now than in pre Covid.

I found this to be true as well. I think it is because there is more planning involved, what do I want to make this week...buy what I don't have an not to much else. Limits the impulse buying.

mdurette

TUG Member
Reaction score
so Walmart now delivers. I guess that's become the new normal.
I still like to look at the produce and meats before buying but everything else --- delivery is good

Not all deliver yet. The store the next town over utilizes doordash for their delivery. I think I paid $90something for a year of delivery, but I do tip the driver.
So far the produce has been all fine....I don't by beef there, but I do buy chicken. Only once was a chicken package passed its "buy now" date and I just went online and started a return to which they just refund the cost, easy.

Today my husband announced he needs gas stabilizer for something in the shed....so that has been put on my order for Tuesday. I think this is why I like it so much....not just groceries, it takes care of "most" items the household needs.

chapjim

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham VIPF & PresRes, HVC/DRI (Gold), Quarter House (4), Resort on Cocoa Beach (2), HGVC Tuscany Village, HGVC South Beach-McAlpin, HGVC Parc Soleil
I have not picked up a single addict. I don't pick up strangers. That is how I read that. :ROFLMAO:

Me, too! I am now online but I don't think it's prudent to go pick up addicts.