• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

How many of the Wyndham Resorts are not managed by Wyndham and what impact does that have on owners?

Rolltydr

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
CWA, Ocean Blvd, Fairfield Glade
I would be surprised if we haven’t had lurkers/surveillance from Wyndham over the years. I don’t really have anything to hide from them, nor any ideas good enough for them to steal, so I don’t think too much about it. But if this poster thinks we have active posters from Wyndham, I wonder who they think they are.
Apparently, everyone who disagrees with him/her. Which I find interesting. One of the OP’s stated goals was to learn from others on TUG. But, when someone states an opinion or set of facts that doesn’t support his/her opinion, they immediately start calling them Wyndham employees or mouthpieces and try to shut them down, I don’t believe I have ever learned anything from someone who has the same ideas and beliefs that I have. You have to be open to learning before you can accomplish it.

paxsarah

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham Ocean Boulevard, Flagstaff, Grand Desert
I don’t really have anything to hide from them, nor any ideas good enough for them to steal, so I don’t think too much about it.
I lied. I would love for Wyndham to steal my idea for communicating how to use the points calendar in an age where UDI resorts use Friday by default but this isn't stated anywhere. I'm pretty sure they have too many fires to put out to actually take the time to communicate this concept better. :wall:

HitchHiker71

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Outer Banks Beach Club I (PIC Plus)
Colonies at Williamsburg (PIC Plus)
CWA VIP Gold (718k EY)
National Harbor Resale (689k)
I have read the TUG rules and although I do not fully agree with all of them (see below), some are unenforceable. I am sure that Wyndham pays folks to promote their brand when they see a negative but truthful owner. They don't want that owner to hurt Wyndham sales. TUG does a lot of good but these Wyndies hiding in the shadows do not. They disrupt topics and attack viciously and without remorse those who have problems.

TUG RULE- If you are a broker or salesperson, or work in an allied field, we welcome your participation on the board. We value your industry perspective and valuable insights. We do not appreciate, however, attempts to use our bbs for direct commercial purposes. We do not, for instance, welcome your adding tag lines promoting your business, such as "Call me for more information." Use the board as a way to be helpful and build your reputation, not as a direct sales tool, please. Due to flagrant commercial violations by some abusers in the past, we have found it necessary to be very strict about this.

That being said, I believe the future will prove that those resorts not being managed by Wyndham will have an adverse impact on Wyndham owners who purchased Wyndham/Fairfield/Cendant at these resorts. Wyndham loses a great deal of money when they are not the manager of one of their older resorts. These resorts have chosen to get rid of Wyndham for a reason. Wyndham appears to dislike not only legacy resorts but owners who are too old to buy more Wyndham high priced points.

I have shared what happened in our case. Any Wyndham negative truth is like honey, it sure does attract many stinging Wyndie bees. Just watch how many stinging comments come when we TUG folks complain about unfair Wyndham policies. This is a leading indicator that the truth hurts.

Why use the ignore function when you can take the heat? If used, you will miss who is and who isn't posting for reasons other than to help other TUG folks. And if you let these Wyndies take over you will hurt more than help TUG folks who are seeking the truth about timeshares.

As an admin/moderator I can see the IP address of anyone posting on this public forum. I can easily tell from where those IP addresses originate. Those who are technically savvy can hide their IP addresses and mask their location - but those are few and far between really. The vast majority of owners don't work for Wyndham. Those who do work for Wyndham sometimes post from Wyndham IP addresses - I've traced these IPs back to Wyndham locations on occasion. It's not difficult to do. I suspect that most of the forum members whom you believe work for Wyndham don't actually work for Wyndham at all. Some are labelled as Wyndham apologists so to speak. This has become more common here on the Wyndham forums ever since Wyndham started limiting commercial rentals outside of those explicitly blessed by Wyndham via Extra Holidays. There are basically two tribes from what I have observed - a pro-Wyndham tribe and an anti-Wyndham tribe. Whenever the topic of rentals comes up - these two tribes often cannot help but mix it up on the forums. Hopefully over time as Wyndham shows its cards and we get down to brass tacks about where this is all going - the online tribal wars will abate. In the meantime, I will continue to attempt to improve ownership experiences in the manner in which I've done since becoming a Wyndham owner in July 2018 - partly for selfish reasons - I want what I've bought to work well for myself and my family - and I want to help other owners who are experiencing pain and difficulties using their ownership. Lately it has felt more like "one step forward, two steps back," at least at certain times, but onward we go regardless.

With regard to using the Ignore function - I only mentioned it as some of your recent posts stated that you had left TUG a long time ago - and recently came back - and are considering leaving again because things haven't gotten any better - and perhaps are worse than when you were last here. Does that mean that perhaps you cannot take the heat - to use your own analogy? If so, then perhaps using the Ignore function might prove to be worthwhile. I'd rather you use that option and continue posting here on TUG so that we gain from your collective input and knowledge moving forward. Take it for what you will of course.

HitchHiker71

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
CWA VIP Gold (718k EY)
I lied. I would love for Wyndham to steal my idea for communicating how to use the points calendar in an age where UDI resorts use Friday by default but this isn't stated anywhere. I'm pretty sure they have too many fires to put out to actually take the time to communicate this concept better. :wall:

Considering how many problems there are with the MAC working correctly right now - I'd say Wyndham definitely has too many fires to put out to proactively focus on education initiatives. :cool:

troy12n

Reaction score
Apparently, everyone who disagrees with him/her. Which I find interesting. One of the OP’s stated goals was to learn from others on TUG. But, when someone states an opinion or set of facts that doesn’t support his/her opinion, they immediately start calling them Wyndham employees or mouthpieces and try to shut them down, I don’t believe I have ever learned anything from someone who has the same ideas and beliefs that I have. You have to be open to learning before you can accomplish it.

Pretty much all of that. Especially the first part. It's pretty obvious this person came here to gripe about Wyndham because of a perceived slight. Even though it became exceedingly obvious that they had been noticed properly. Their "facts" presented really didn't line up with any semblance of reality and every time someone questioned their alternate facts, they doubled down on their position or (worse!) called them a Wyndham Employee (lol!). It's funny when people post on social media expecting a certain outcome, then it doesn't go how they expected and immediately get defensive.

Anyway at this point, it's like beating a dead horse.

Sandi Bo

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham
Considering how many problems there are with the MAC working correctly right now - I'd say Wyndham definitely has too many fires to put out to proactively focus on education initiatives. :cool:
On the other hand - were they to document how the points calendar works, and do it well, perhaps they could provide that information to the developers so they'd have some solid requirements to work off of?

paxsarah

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
On the other hand - were they to document how the points calendar works, and do it well, perhaps they could provide that information to the developers so they'd have some solid requirements to work off of?
I haven't seen any functional issues with the points/weeks calendar (when the website was generally working correctly, anyway). I only have one converted fixed week to base it off of, but it's always shown in ARP that I can only book the underlying week or a subset thereof. And all UDI resorts are programmed to change weeks on Fridays, from what I've seen. The issue is when someone is confused because they're checking into Bonnet Creek on a Sunday, they look at the Sunday weeks calendar and think it applies to Bonnet Creek and are confused because the system is giving them a points cost based on the season changing on Friday. They think it's a glitch, but the system is working as intended - but Wyndham never put that in writing in the directory, website, or anywhere else (it was mentioned in passing for about 5 seconds during the 2022 owners meeting livestream).

CO skier

TUG Member
Reaction score
But if this poster thinks we have active posters from Wyndham, I wonder who they think they are.
Apparently, everyone who disagrees with him/her. Which I find interesting.

The OP's sort of thinking is nothing new and has been going on for years in the Wyndham forum.

Sandi Bo

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham
I haven't seen any functional issues with the points/weeks calendar (when the website was generally working correctly, anyway). I only have one converted fixed week to base it off of, but it's always shown in ARP that I can only book the underlying week or a subset thereof. And all UDI resorts are programmed to change weeks on Fridays, from what I've seen. The issue is when someone is confused because they're checking into Bonnet Creek on a Sunday, they look at the Sunday weeks calendar and think it applies to Bonnet Creek and are confused because the system is giving them a points cost based on the season changing on Friday. They think it's a glitch, but the system is working as intended - but Wyndham never put that in writing in the directory, website, or anywhere else (it was mentioned in passing for about 5 seconds during the 2022 owners meeting livestream).
I was thinking Monthly Calendar Search, my bad. I see your point, but chalked this up to flakyness long ago. I swear pre-voyager the rate was determined by the starting date of the reservation and applied for the duration of the reservation. It doesn't seem to work that way anymore. I don't even try to make sense of it.

paxsarah

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
I was thinking Monthly Calendar Search, my bad. I see your point, but chalked this up to flakyness long ago. I swear pre-voyager the rate was determined by the starting date of the reservation and applied for the duration of the reservation. It doesn't seem to work that way anymore. I don't even try to make sense of it.
In 2017 when that website was introduced, Wyndham implemented what it called a normalized calendar, as well as beginning to allow check-in on any day of the week and for any length of stay up to 14 nights (subject to 2 or 3 night minimums depending on the season and booking window), and any 1-night stay could be booked inside 14 days (not only if "orphaned" from an existing week), so as that part of the policy change each night began to stand on its own and the points cost applied to each individual night. Before that, each reservation (even if not a full 7 nights) was part of an underlying week, and that underlying week was all in the same week of the timeshare year. That's why there were split reservations, which could pick up points costs from two seasons if it straddled them, and Wyndham didn't promise they wouldn't move you in the middle (though they would try not to).

The advice that we regularly give for folks to stretch their points, to book from Sun-Fri, was harder to follow back then. I remember setting calendar reminders for trips when I wanted to book 5 nights Sun-Fri, because I couldn't book anything other than 3, 4, or 7 nights until the Express window.

Sandi Bo

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham
In 2017 when that website was introduced, Wyndham implemented what it called a normalized calendar, as well as beginning to allow check-in on any day of the week and for any length of stay up to 14 nights (subject to 2 or 3 night minimums depending on the season and booking window), and any 1-night stay could be booked inside 14 days (not only if "orphaned" from an existing week), so as that part of the policy change each night began to stand on its own and the points cost applied to each individual night. Before that, each reservation (even if not a full 7 nights) was part of an underlying week, and that underlying week was all in the same week of the timeshare year. That's why there were split reservations, which could pick up points costs from two seasons if it straddled them, and Wyndham didn't promise they wouldn't move you in the middle (though they would try not to).

The advice that we regularly give for folks to stretch their points, to book from Sun-Fri, was harder to follow back then. I remember setting calendar reminders for trips when I wanted to book 5 nights Sun-Fri, because I couldn't book anything other than 3, 4, or 7 nights until the Express window.
That makes a lot of sense. I don't remember it ever being announced (that things would change, but they did).

HitchHiker71

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
CWA VIP Gold (718k EY)

It sounds like we're talking about two different things here if I'm reading you right. What you're referring to as the points/weeks calendar vs the MAC (Monthly Availability Calendar)? Or are we talking about the same thing? The MAC has had a growing list of issues over the past several months that we have outlined in other threads (not to be rehashed here), and that need prompt attention by Wyndham as an increasing number of owners are realizing this fact when comparing availability search results between the MAC and the date based availability search engine that launches off of the Owner Dashboard for example. If we are talking about two different things, then I'm certainly happy to pass along any advice to Wyndham regarding the points/weeks calendar item that you're referring to.

paxsarah

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
It sounds like we're talking about two different things here if I'm reading you right. What you're referring to as the points/weeks calendar vs the MAC (Monthly Availability Calendar)? Or are we talking about the same thing? The MAC has had a growing list of issues over the past several months that we have outlined in other threads (not to be rehashed here), and that need prompt attention by Wyndham as an increasing number of owners are realizing this fact when comparing availability search results between the MAC and the date based availability search engine that launches off of the Owner Dashboard for example. If we are talking about two different things, then I'm certainly happy to pass along any advice to Wyndham regarding the points/weeks calendar item that you're referring to.
Yeah, I accidentally conflated it when I first referred to it as the points calendar - it's really the usage of the published week numbers/vacation planning calendar with the points charts. There's nothing really programming related to it -- it's all communication. For whatever reason, when the 2017 change to the booking rules happened -- basically a major shift from underlying pre-2017 weeks-based booking, even at UDI resorts, to nights-based booking (with some underlying weeks structure under the hood only for the resorts with remaining fixed/converted weeks) -- they never made a change to the wording of the vacation planning calendar even though the Friday/Saturday/Sunday structure suddenly became much less relevant for most resorts -- and not just less relevant, but flat-out confusing when one of the weeks is staggered from the others (which happened in 2022 and 2023).

It would only require some verbiage on the vacation planning calendar and/or the points charts to clarify this for owners, but it's never been done. I would probably update the vacation planning calendar to highlight the Friday column visually, and add a statement like, "All resorts follow the Friday calendar unless otherwise indicated on its individual points chart." Then on the points charts for resorts with underlying fixed weeks, explain which size units or areas follow which day's check-in calendar, or if it's just too complex, give the number to call. Then there would at least a documented explanation for why seasons don't change exactly when an owner might think they should.

But Wyndham can't even publish every points chart it already has, nor all of the floor plans (some of which I know it must have because I've edited URLs to find them, the links just "fell off" the site at some point). So the idea that they would edit and replace a substantial number of points charts to add this information, along with the vacation planning calendar, is really just a pipe dream. It would be a great thing for them to add to the upcoming directory, but from the way they're talking about it it's likely too close to production to make such a change.

paxsarah

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
So the idea that they would edit and replace a substantial number of points charts to add this information, along with the vacation planning calendar, is really just a pipe dream.
I mean, one way to kind of do this much more simply (maybe only touching the vacation planning calendar) is the way it was offhandedly referred to in the 2022 owners' meeting, where the presenter explaining how to use the vacation planning calendar with the points charts said something like, "You're almost always going to want to look at the Friday column," and left it at that. The problem is explaining the "almost" without a lot of work. You could probably make a list of the non-conforming resorts (that could be a combination of Fri/Sat/Sun) - that's easier than notations on every points chart. But it's also less helpful to someone who might be helped to know, oh, Westwinds 1BRs follow this day and 2BRs follow that day and that's why they don't agree.

paxsarah

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Westwinds would say, “Seasonal point values change according to the [Saturday or Sunday, I don’t know which] calendar for 1BR units; the Friday calendar for 2BR units.”
One last thing for my own reference, I figured out the check-in day for Westwinds 1BR units by looking at this year's points cost for the same week I looked at for 2022 in this post. So 1BR is Saturday, 2BR is Friday.

goaliedave

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Raintree, Diamond (bought by Hilton), Shell (bought by Wyndham), Sheraton (bought by Marriott), Palace Resorts, a few independants
Re staff lurking on social media, duh, every timeshare company join millions of companies in monitoring and contacting customers online, usually with several staff.

I've talked about it with sales managers and they say it's a good source of sales leads. If you don't know why or how, you would never make it in timeshare sales - not that you'd want to.

schreff

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
KBV, Bali Hai, Wyndham Palm Aire, Bonnet Creek, Patriot's Place, Harbour, Sea Watch, etc.
If you have seen this in your recent time on the forum, I would be very interested to learn who you think works for Wyndham out of the active posters.
Another sign of insanity is repeating the same question many times after it has been answered. Honestly, do you need that much attention?
I travel so much now that my plants never get watered anyway. The ones inside seem to wither up because of that, though there are a few that hang in there. Not sure how many of those are from Wyndham, but they've been around for a while and I mostly ignore them. That works here, too....

Check my posts. As I stated previously, I had been a member of TUG years ago and clearly at that time exposed a Wyndham sales person who admitted. so after a little heat was put on. I previously admitted and posted that I didn't remember the poster's name and certainly never knew the TRUE name of the individual. Do you really. think that I would expose that person name anyway??? Perhaps you should research libel and how expansive it can be.

Now, instead of consistently attempting to cover-up the fact that biased and planted Wyndies are fact not fiction why not contribute something positive to this thread. They are allowed to be here according to TUG rules and they are, period.

schreff

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
KBV, Bali Hai, Wyndham Palm Aire, Bonnet Creek, Patriot's Place, Harbour, Sea Watch, etc.
As an admin/moderator I can see the IP address of anyone posting on this public forum. I can easily tell from where those IP addresses originate. Those who are technically savvy can hide their IP addresses and mask their location - but those are few and far between really. The vast majority of owners don't work for Wyndham. Those who do work for Wyndham sometimes post from Wyndham IP addresses - I've traced these IPs back to Wyndham locations on occasion. It's not difficult to do. I suspect that most of the forum members whom you believe work for Wyndham don't actually work for Wyndham at all. Some are labelled as Wyndham apologists so to speak. This has become more common here on the Wyndham forums ever since Wyndham started limiting commercial rentals outside of those explicitly blessed by Wyndham via Extra Holidays. There are basically two tribes from what I have observed - a pro-Wyndham tribe and an anti-Wyndham tribe. Whenever the topic of rentals comes up - these two tribes often cannot help but mix it up on the forums. Hopefully over time as Wyndham shows its cards and we get down to brass tacks about where this is all going - the online tribal wars will abate. In the meantime, I will continue to attempt to improve ownership experiences in the manner in which I've done since becoming a Wyndham owner in July 2018 - partly for selfish reasons - I want what I've bought to work well for myself and my family - and I want to help other owners who are experiencing pain and difficulties using their ownership. Lately it has felt more like "one step forward, two steps back," at least at certain times, but onward we go regardless.

With regard to using the Ignore function - I only mentioned it as some of your recent posts stated that you had left TUG a long time ago - and recently came back - and are considering leaving again because things haven't gotten any better - and perhaps are worse than when you were last here. Does that mean that perhaps you cannot take the heat - to use your own analogy? If so, then perhaps using the Ignore function might prove to be worthwhile. I'd rather you use that option and continue posting here on TUG so that we gain from your collective input and knowledge moving forward. Take it for what you will of course.
I agree and I believe that I did explain I reconsidered leaving and decided to take the heat in the kitchen but just not 24/7. I believe TUG in general has been important to timeshare owners and did so in the past. The reason I left then was not only due to some disrespectful posters it was because we were traveling a great deal more at the time and mostly out of the country.

I believe that I too have a lot to offer but prior to retirement I held a position that demanded respect. It was and still is difficult for me to believe that some folks disregard the ideals my parents taught me about respect. This has made me sometimes overreact because prior to retirement I could just say " your fired ".

I have read most of your posts in or close to my Wyndham area of interest. They are all great, well intentioned and very informative. Thank you.

schreff

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned

Rolltydr

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Freedom of speech is great even for those who say nothing.
And for those who listen to what others have to say, whether they agree with them or not. Why do you resort to name-calling and insults when someone disagrees with you? How do you learn anything from that?

schreff

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
I suspect that most of the forum members whom you believe work for Wyndham don't actually work for Wyndham at all.
Respectfully disagree on the above and do believe that it should be expanded upon by me. You state that I suspect, yes but this is due to analysis of their writings and methods of responding to facts. Most individuals who love Wyndham do not become personally defensive and/or viciously hateful but do so in a general manner. Why would they hate a person who has problems with Wyndham and just cites specific instances of fact?

We know that everyone is not the same but I do know that my wife and I were " lovers of Wyndham " and neither one of us would have responded to a " person who has many problems with Wyndham " in the way some TUG members and guests do. This is a leading indicator to me.

Also, your caveat of hiding IP addresses is most likely more commonplace now (this is far beyond my IT knowledge) but what prohibits me from using one of my many personal and business emails from becoming a TUG owner or guest while being employed either directly or indirectly by Wyndham? Or what if it is a spouse who has numerous email addresses and it is she/he who has a conflict with Wyndham?

schreff

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
And for those who listen to what others have to say, whether they agree with them or not. Why do you resort to name-calling and insults when someone disagrees with you? How do you learn anything from that?
Please read my previous posts and you will realize that I am learning all the time from the words and style of those who attack posters who ask valid questions and receive distorted, factless and hate filled responses.

Rolltydr

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
You’re quite full of yourself, aren’t you? I won’t waste any more of my time on someone who refuses to listen to anyone other than themselves. Truthfully, the end.

chapjim

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham VIPF & PresRes, HVC/DRI (Gold), Quarter House (4), Resort on Cocoa Beach (2), HGVC Tuscany Village, HGVC South Beach-McAlpin, HGVC Parc Soleil
Another sign of insanity is repeating the same question many times after it has been answered. Honestly, do you need that much attention?

Check my posts. As I stated previously, I had been a member of TUG years ago and clearly at that time exposed a Wyndham sales person who admitted. so after a little heat was put on. I previously admitted and posted that I didn't remember the poster's name and certainly never knew the TRUE name of the individual. Do you really. think that I would expose that person name anyway??? Perhaps you should research libel and how expansive it can be.

Now, instead of consistently attempting to cover-up the fact that biased and planted Wyndies are fact not fiction why not contribute something positive to this thread. They are allowed to be here according to TUG rules and they are, period.

For a statement to be libelous, it must be demonstrably false. Calling a Wyndham salesperson a Wyndham salesperson doesn't meet that requirement.

There goes your reason for not stating the name of the person you suspect of being a Wyndham salesperson. Unless, of course, you are wrong.

Last edited: