• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

How long will your stash of toilet paper last??

TheTimeTraveler

TUG Member
Reaction score
My elderly neighbor told me she was running low so when I went to the store I bought her a package and gave it to her when I got home. The store was limiting ONE per customer so I couldn't buy any for myself. I'll be okay until next time I go shopping and then maybe I can pick some up for myself.

WinniWoman

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Innseason Pollard Brook
I am not sure. Maybe a few weeks. I have not been able to get any except an 8 pack (limit 2) that was overpriced so I bought just one. Then a future neighbor friend of mine- whose husband works for a supermarket- brought me an 8 pack the other day. Good thing I have the bidet now.

WinniWoman

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Innseason Pollard Brook
I figure 1 roll per person per week. There are 4 of us living here and we each have our own bathroom. We’re good for 6 months at that rate.

Hint: if you to evacuate for some reason, bring a roll of toilet paper! This saved me one time during a hurricane evacuation and the interstate rest stops had run out of toilet paper and it wasn’t being replenished.

My husband always keeps some in his car anyway.

tschwa2

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
A few in S and VA, a single resort in NC, MD, PA, and UT, plus Jamaica and the Bahamas
We have 5 rolls total left in the house for a family of 5. My online order from Walmart (for a 30 pk) is supposed to come in on Friday. I ordered about a week and a half ago. Even if it is late I think we are ok for another week or so.

dsmrp

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Sheraton Vistana, Waikoloa Bay Club, Hyatt Pinon Pt
Substitute Kleenex??

We're still well stocked. Got disposable wipes as backup, at Costco when TP was out. Then facial tissues aka Kleenex as backup to the backup

jehb2

TUG Member
Reaction score
My sister has a good friend who is an ex nun and use to work in the Congo (or one of those really remote places). She said "oh well, we'll just have to wash out rags." My sister ran to Costco and bought more toilet paper. So did I.

Sandy VDH

TUG Review Crew: Elite
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wynd VIP Plat GF, HGVC Elite, WM, HICV, +
Only thing that didn't make ny Costco delivery order last week was TP and hand sanitizer. It was available when I placed my order but was out by the time they picked it and delivered it. I will try again.

Last edited:

Panina

TUG Review Crew: Elite
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Hgvc Anderson, Blue Ride Village Resort
TP is one thing I didn’t have to worry about. I had plenty in the house when the crisis started.

When I was staying at a timeshare, they had individual wrapped rolls of Angel Soft which is my favorite. I would usually get a pack in the grocery but being I really liked each wrapped individually I could only get it by the case thus a good supply now.

Sea Six

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Club Regency - Marco Island
Lagunamar - Cancun
Vistana Villages Key West (2) - Orlando
My DH counted 143 rolls before he got confused with his numbers so we might have more. The calculator says this will last us a year. We had all of this before the coronavirus so we were not hoarding. I guess we just kept buying it not realizing how much we already have.
You people are INSANE!

Jan M.

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham Presidential Reserve at Panama City Beach
Club Wyndham Access
Grandview Las Vegas and Discovery Beach Resort - Both in RCI Points
Woodstone and Summit at Massanutten - Both in RCI weeks used as Wyndham PICs
I never imagined that one day I was going to consider that my use of toilet paper was frivolous and extravagant and make a conscientious effort to reform said ways. Yes I knew that some people folded their toilet paper instead of grabbing "a big old handful" as Sugarcubesea says but I thought that was just a quirk. Folding toilet paper reminds me of the old toilet paper dispensers with the tiny, thin, folded sheets that were a pain to pull out of the dispenser to get enough to do the job. Lo and behold less actually does the job if you fold it. I'd say who knew but clearly some people did know that.

On March 14th we had 13 rolls stored in the bathroom vanities and 12 days latter we have 11. Considering our 3 year old granddaughter was here until the 17th and our DIL overnight when she flew down to take her daughter home we seem to be doing just fine with how much we're using. I really want to add toilet paper to the shopping list but find it hard to say we actually need it.

DH will go shopping tomorrow morning. The last time he went shopping was on March 16th so we are doing very well with keeping out of public places. We are being very careful as we in the "age group" and I have asthma. Under normal circumstances my asthma doesn't give me much of a problem but I've had asthmatic bronchitis enough times over the years to know that I really don't want to have CV-19. Also we live in Broward County, Florida and I'm reading that we have a high number of cases.

Last edited:

TUGBrian

Administrator
Reaction score
amazon prime subscription shows the usual pack of TP scheduled for delivery on first of april...along with a package of clorox disenfectant wipes.

will see if they actually show up or not! oddly enough the only thing listed as out of stock was cheesy mac.

PigsDad

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC Elite: SeaWorld, Surf Club, Charter Club, Valdoro

pedro47

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
My elderly neighbor told me she was running low so when I went to the store I bought her a package and gave it to her when I got home. The store was limiting ONE per customer so I couldn't buy any for myself. I'll be okay until next time I go shopping and then maybe I can pick some up for myself.

I liked your action as a neighbor.
Love thy Neighbor.
Your neighbor thanks you and I thanks you.

kckaren21

TUG Member
Reaction score
We were down to 3 rolls, a week ago, and DH couldn't find any in stores, Costco, or Amazon, so he ordered what he could: a case of industrial size TP. We now have 12 rolls of 1,000 feet each, with a diameter of 9 inches! How am I supposed to mount it in the bathroom? LOL

billymach4

TUG Member
Reaction score
Buy what you need. Stock is starting to stabilize at the grocery store. Costco and BJs had TP with a limit of 1 per customer. Waiting for disinfectant to get restocked.

MLR

TUG Member
Reaction score
I am 4 rolls from disaster.

Went to Costco yesterday - St. Louis area. They had huge pallets of their brand of TP. No other brand. We were getting low - down to just a few rolls - so I bought their brand even though I prefer another. If I run across MY brand, I will give the Kirkland TP to my adult kids who LOVE it. :0) The whole TP fiasco is the craziest thing I have ever seen. No matter what, we won't be relegated to using a corn cob! There are always old wash cloths - and then wash in HOT WATER a couple times. Good grief. It isn't like having a water shortage. People CAN SURVIVE without TP. It is done in a lot of places in this world - even today. :-/

Sea Six

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Club Regency - Marco Island
Lagunamar - Cancun
Vistana Villages Key West (2) - Orlando
Around here the stores have recovered from the hoarders and are limiting purchases, so I think that problem is over. My wife ordered TP and tissues on line from Wal-Mart, so we have enough for now.

Brett

Reaction score
Around here the stores have recovered from the hoarders and are limiting purchases, so I think that problem is over. My wife ordered TP and tissues on line from Wal-Mart, so we have enough for now.

plenty of TP available in Virginia (we use it :)