• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

How long will your stash of toilet paper last??

Wyominguy

TUG Member
Reaction score
For those who are worried about whether you have enough toilet paper to survive this or not there is now a site where you can enter the amount of your stash and it will calculate it for you.

rickandcindy23

TUG Review Crew: Elite
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham Founder; Disney OKW & SSR; Marriott's Willow Ridge,Shadow Ridge,Grand Chateau;Val Chatelle; Hono Koa OF (3); SBR(LOTS), SDO a few; Grand Palms; WKORV-OF (2),Westin Desert Willow.
We bought toilet paper weeks before the rush, and we bought at Costco. It's a 3 month supply for the two of us, so I think we will be okay. I won't buy more on Tuesday during our early morning shopping trip to Costco. We will buy meat, vegetables, eggs, bacon, orange juice, etc., our usual stuff, but not more than our usual grocery list.

bbodb1

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
High radiation belt of the Northern Hemisphere
Resorts Owned
RCI Weeks: LaCosta Beach Club, RCI Points: Oakmont Resort, Vacation Village at Parkway. Wyndham: CWA and La Belle Maison, and WorldMark.
We bought toilet paper weeks before the rush, and we bought at Costco. It's a 3 month supply for the two of us, so I think we will be okay. I won't buy more on Tuesday during our early morning shopping trip to Costco. We will buy meat, vegetables, eggs, bacon, orange juice, etc., our usual stuff, but not more than our usual grocery list.
This is our status as well.
We had to renew our Sams membership in January and one of the discounts given was $11 off a large shrink wrap of MM TP.
Have not even opened that yet....

jackio

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Sand Pebbles, Sheraton Broadway Plantation, Hawaiian Sun Holidays
We have half of a 30 pack bought at Costco a couple of months ago. We will be ok for awhile.

DaveNV

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Free Agent
I don't see how a calculator could work for that. Too many variables.

Dave

TravelTime

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
All Resale: MVC DPs, Marriott Ko Olina, Marriott Marbella, WKOVR-N, Four Seasons Aviara
My DH counted 143 rolls before he got confused with his numbers so we might have more. The calculator says this will last us a year. We had all of this before the coronavirus so we were not hoarding. I guess we just kept buying it not realizing how much we already have.

VacationForever

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
My DH counted 143 rolls before he got confused with his numbers so we might have more. The calculator says this will last us a year. We had all of this before the coronavirus so we were not hoarding. I guess we just kept buying it not realizing how much we already have.
Better not give out your address as there maybe desperate toilet paper deprived folks wanting some of the TP.

jonmaiman

TUG Member
Reaction score
Hard to say. Home consumption of TP is up since all of us our now home almost %100 of the time. That said we probably have 3 to 4 months worth. Just as people were starting to panic shop, the local Sam's Club, was permitting customers to buy two large packs of TP each, so I did. Normally I would have only bought just one. Had to get a different brand because they were out of our normal brand. Was happy to get any. I don't plan on getting anymore until we're down to a couple of weeks worth. In general we're trying to have approx. 1 month of food and household supplies on hand but not more than that. After our initial stock up, we need very little now. Mainly just fresh produce, cold cuts, dairy, and eggs occasionally. Will need to buy meat again in a week or two. We should also get a better sense of our run rate with everybody home. Under normal circumstances my wife and daughter were eating out 1/2 to 2/3 the time running between her activities. We're trying to be prepared but not hoard. It is a fine line....

--Jon

T-Dot-Traveller

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Mayan Palace Regency
Taranova
Thoughts -

1) about a week ago I read the following quote from a spokesperson for a toilet paper mfg.
"...... you are not using more toilet paper , you are simply filling your closet with it "

2) 50+ years ago my wife babysat for a family* that had the following usage rule :
FOUR SQUARES PER BATHROOM VISIT -

* not sure if they had come to Canada after surviving WWll in occupied Europe or just from frugal Scotland .

T-Dot-Traveller

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Mayan Palace Regency
Taranova
..... 50+ years ago my wife babysat for a family* that had the following usage rule :
FOUR SQUARES PER BATHROOM VISIT -

Using this metric - you & DH have way more than a years supply
LOL

Sugarcubesea

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
QH, HBC, VBHC, & Pinestead Reef
My toilet paper will last 2 months. My family of 4 loves using a big old handful. Those days are gone. I’ve set on one roll per bathroom and told the gang it’s gotta last

artringwald

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
DRI: The Point at Poipu, 3 deeded weeks, 1 of which is in The Club.
Eat less fiber.

pedro47

TUG Member
Reaction score
We have only 30 rolls and it should last us about 6 months or about 26 weeks.

Last edited:

Patri

Tug Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Some of you could be checking with your neighbors and seeing if they have enough. Spread some love.

bbodb1

TUG Member
Reaction score
High radiation belt of the Northern Hemisphere
Resorts Owned
RCI Weeks: LaCosta Beach Club, RCI Points: Oakmont Resort, Vacation Village at Parkway. Wyndham: CWA and La Belle Maison, and WorldMark.
Some of you could be checking with your neighbors and seeing if they have enough. Spread some love.
Did we just have a 60's flashback there?

WalnutBaron

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Hyatt Highlands Inn, Hyatt Pinon Pointe
I am 4 rolls from disaster.
We've been giving rolls away to neighbors who need some. Like Geekette, we're nearing the critical stage. Looks like we may have to get creative. I have some ideas, but they wouldn't be appropriate to share in mixed company. :unsure:

Beachclubmum

Reaction score
I figure 1 roll per person per week. There are 4 of us living here and we each have our own bathroom. We’re good for 6 months at that rate.

Hint: if you to evacuate for some reason, bring a roll of toilet paper! This saved me one time during a hurricane evacuation and the interstate rest stops had run out of toilet paper and it wasn’t being replenished.