• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

How long will boarder be closed

imarley

TUG Member
Reaction score
A question for fellow Canadians. How long do you think the boarder will remain closed and have you started adjusting your plans. I'm thinking of trying some of the timeshares in Western Canada this year rather than going to the US.

Chrisky

TUG Member
Reaction score
I have removed my post.

Last edited:

mcsteve

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC Elara - Las Vegas
Southwind, Egret Point & Waterside by Spinnaker - HHI
Vacation Village @ Weston
I was originally hoping for the end of May but now realise exactly how delusional that probably was. I have a booking for HHI June 6th and was hoping it could be kept.

With some provinces finally starting to put together a plan to reopen businesses, and travel still being discouraged, I wouldn’t be surprised if the boarder stayed closed to non essential travel until sometime in July/August.

Like you I’ve started to consider summer Canadian TS locations on top of some Fall trips that I am still hopeful will take place. There Ontario resorts do appear to be booking fast through RCI so maybe a summer trip out west might be in order.

imarley

TUG Member
Reaction score
I just cancelled Williamsburg first week of July. I have Myrtle Beach in September and Portugal in October still booked, but not sure about these. Looking at BC in the fall.

pedro47

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Williamsburg should be open by the end of June 2020.

Ironwood

TUG Member
Reaction score
I suspect the US/Canada border may open late summer, but before some of the resorts resume operation. If you plan to drive in Canada there are some provincial borders that have restricted travel with road blocks set up and you may not be allowed through....but that may not last long.

susieq

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Bay Voyage, Jamestown, RI
We have a vacation planned for western NY the first week in August. On one of our day trips, we plan on going to Niagra Falls ~ hoping that viewing from the Canadian side is still an option.

imarley

TUG Member
Reaction score
Williamsburg should be open by the end of June 2020.
Yes, I also think Williamsburg will be open by end of June, but I don’t think the border will be open.
Also, I think the drive from Canada might still be a challenge.

imarley

TUG Member
Reaction score
I suspect the US/Canada border may open late summer, but before some of the resorts resume operation. If you plan to drive in Canada there are some provincial borders that have restricted travel with road blocks set up and you may not be allowed through....but that may not last long.
I’m hoping to be able to fly by end of summer and rent car in either Calgary or Vancouver.

mcsteve

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC Elara - Las Vegas
Southwind, Egret Point & Waterside by Spinnaker - HHI
Vacation Village @ Weston
some provincial borders that have restricted travel with road blocks set up and you may not be allowed through..
Not sure which ones those are. I heard about Quebec checking people entering from Ottawa area because of the heavy Covid rate in Montreal but there are no road blocks preventing travel per say. Where are you referencing?

cthewrld

TUG Member
Reaction score
BC Premier announced yesterday about reopening plans, he did comment on the borders reopening, saying once vaccine or treatment is found, although that would probably ultimately be up to Federal not Provincial governments. Left us feeling like our September plans to So. Cal. will have to be cancelled or rescheduled. Things seem to be changing regularly, this probably will too.

This was on the Global News website.

“B.C. has no plans to resume large gatherings, including concerts, conferences or professional sports, until a vaccine is available. International travel and tourism will also remain restricted.”