• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

How long to transfer title?

patrickg

TUG Member
Reaction score
I finally had my deed recorded for my purchase at Ko Olina and sent to Marriot 2 weeks ago. How long does it really take to transfer the title across from the previous owner?

I am keen to exchange into Spain for August next year so am anxious to get the title transferred so I can join II and deposit my Ko Olina week (the previous owner booked it on my behalf)

Jeffrey

TUG Member
Reaction score
closing July 27th...

new regulation with identification came up just as my 8 weeks were about up... further delay...

the only thing is, I already own two developer weeks... they know who I am....

latest news December 4th.... I would not count on it...

a very frustrating experience...:wall: :crash:

patrickg

TUG Member
Reaction score
Short answer, Forever. Long answer, see this thread:
http://tugbbs.com/forums/showthread.php?t=84198

I got very depressed after reading this thread!

What is the best phone number or email at Marriott to at least confirm they have all my information?

What details should I get from them so I can easily chase this up again with them at a later date? Is there a reference number etc? Also what information will I need to provide them initially so they can look into the transfer for me?

davidvel

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Shadow Ridge (Villages)
Carlsbad Inn
Call this number 800 845 4226, ask for owner modifications (tell them what ever it takes to get through). Confirm that they have everything and ask them for a fax number so you can confirm this with them. (They will not respond or give you anything in writing.)

Expect the worst, it will be even worse(sic).

From what I have heard, many people are filing suits to force recognition. Not good times.

patrickg

TUG Member
Reaction score
Call this number 800 845 4226, ask for owner modifications (tell them what ever it takes to get through). Confirm that they have everything and ask them for a fax number so you can confirm this with them. (They will not respond or give you anything in writing.)

Expect the worst, it will be even worse(sic).

From what I have heard, many people are filing suits to force recognition. Not good times.

I must say I can't understand their motives. Don't they want to keep owners happy? What happens with maintenance fees if the sale is in limbo with the seller not paying them and the new buyer not registered?