• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

How Long to Add New Week to RCI?

missyrcrews

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Cold Spring Resort, Acadia Village Resort, Samoset Resort
I purchased week 43 at Samoset Resort, and everything has been recorded. I chatted with RCI about adding the week to my account on 6/6. Two weeks later, and nothing. Chatted again yesterday. They said it can take a month to process. I don't remember it taking that long when I added my weeks at Cold Spring, but that's been several years ago. Anybody have recent experience with this? Does it REALLY take a month? I won't be depositing for 2022 anyway, as the previous owners already did. But I would like to deposit 2023. Grr. Hurry up and wait, I guess. :)

wackymother

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
I would try giving them another call. I added another unit recently and it was done really quickly--so fast that I don't even remember how I requested that it be added.

Bailey#1

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
DVC SSR BWV, Avenue Plaza, Redington Ambassador
I purchased week 43 at Samoset Resort, and everything has been recorded. I chatted with RCI about adding the week to my account on 6/6. Two weeks later, and nothing. Chatted again yesterday. They said it can take a month to process. I don't remember it taking that long when I added my weeks at Cold Spring, but that's been several years ago. Anybody have recent experience with this? Does it REALLY take a month? I won't be depositing for 2022 anyway, as the previous owners already did. But I would like to deposit 2023. Grr. Hurry up and wait, I guess. :)
I would send them an email using the feedback window in the rci..com website . I get good results with that plus you will have a written reply.

tschwa2

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
A few in S and VA, a single resort in NC, MD, PA, and UT, plus Jamaica and the Bahamas
I have found if I am willing to deposit a week from a new resort they can do it over the phone immediately (but verify it in the normal 2-5 day timeframe). If I want to add but not deposit it takes a week or so. If you are paying to add it to your rci points account it can take 4-8 weeks. Since they said it is currently taking a month I would probably wait until that has passed unless you want to deposit your 2023 week now and in that case I would chat and see if they could add it and make the deposit for you.

silentg

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Fitzpatrick's Castle Holiday Homes,
Enchanted Isle.
Try the chat feature on RCI. I hardly ever call, usually they are helpful.

missyrcrews

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
If anyone else out there is trying to do this same thing: I finally got the week added today. I called, and escalated myself to a supervisor by threatening to deposit the week to II. :) I wouldn't because of the upgrade fees from 1-2BR....but they don't need to know that! The supervisor added, but ADDED THE WRONG INTERVAL. GAH GAH GAH. Called back and the rep I got was able to fix that after a very long hold time. THANK GOODNESS. Now to pay my 2023 fees, and get it deposited. And then I will have the fun of figuring out how I want to spend those TPUs. :) A very good puzzle to solve!

wackymother

TUG Member
Reaction score
If anyone else out there is trying to do this same thing: I finally got the week added today. I called, and escalated myself to a supervisor by threatening to deposit the week to II. :) I wouldn't because of the upgrade fees from 1-2BR....but they don't need to know that! The supervisor added, but ADDED THE WRONG INTERVAL. GAH GAH GAH. Called back and the rep I got was able to fix that after a very long hold time. THANK GOODNESS. Now to pay my 2023 fees, and get it deposited. And then I will have the fun of figuring out how I want to spend those TPUs. :) A very good puzzle to solve!

Wow! That sounds like a total pain. Good work getting it done!

missyrcrews

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wow! That sounds like a total pain. Good work getting it done!
It used every ounce of patience I have. But those 30 TPUs are worth it. :) Now to figure out how to get back to Surfside Beach in a year or two. I LOVE IT HERE. ;)

wackymother

TUG Member
Reaction score
It used every ounce of patience I have. But those 30 TPUs are worth it. :) Now to figure out how to get back to Surfside Beach in a year or two. I LOVE IT HERE. ;)

Where is Surfside Beach? Must check it out!

missyrcrews

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Where is Surfside Beach? Must check it out!
It is south of Myrtle Beach. Between there and Murrell's Inlet, on Bus. 17. Let me preface by saying that I am a divorced mom traveling with teens. Space, cleanliness, and feeling safe/secure are my priorities. I do not need a boardwalk, places to drink, restaurants, golf, etc. We took a ride up to Myrtle Beach's Ocean Blvd yesterday, and we truly could not get out of there fast enough. Fun to drive through, but not my cup of tea as a place to stay. I don't need to be oceanside...just have water close by. We've gone to the beach every evening when the free parking starts at 7. (Still lots of daylight, and it is deserted, plus this very fair-skinned family doesn't have to worry so much about sunburn!) We spent a pleasant morning at the farmer's market. Planning to drive to Murrell's Inlet later, and then maybe catch a hula demonstration at the city park. Brookgreen Gardens is on our list, too. Too much for one trip. Grateful for the Samoset trader that will put me a long way toward getting back here! Surfside checks a lot of boxes. The Wyndham Grand Palms resort is right around the corner, we're at Deercreek, and then Country Club Villas is on the same road, too, though I think I prefer here because of the ability to get 3 or 4 bedrooms. Anyhow, having a ball, and excited for the rest of the week!