• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

How long should this Mission Hills transfer take???

stevens397

TUG Member
Reaction score
Purchased WMH on eBay. Sent the check in the very beginning of April.

Wrote in July to Timeshare Closing Services, Inc and was told the deed was in the process of being recorded. It's now 7 weeks later and still nothing. I'm getting nervous.

Is this par for the course or should I be worried? Anything else you can think that I can do at this point?

Many thanks for the feedback.

Steve

Joshadelic

TUG Member
Reaction score
Is this one that you're going to requal? I'm curious as well because I'd like to know how far in advance I need to do my resale purchases before I go for the developer purchase.

If you're going to requal this one, where are you intending to do your developer purchase? I think we're probably on the same mission here.

~Josh :)

Ken555

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Westin Kierland
Sheraton Desert Oasis
Should be done by now - the last couple I purchased on eBay were complete and transferred to my SVN account within two weeks. Call Starwood yourself. The phone number I have is a few years old but might still be accurate. I think this is in one of the FAQs above, as well.

In fact, since you already own Kierland, check your account on MSG and see if WMH is already listed. You might find it there - while it could take a while to get the paperwork in the mail.

Starwood Portfolio Services - 800-743-7654

LisaRex

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Used to own: WKORV-N; SVV - Bella
My resale WKORV-N sale took 4 months to complete. However, there was a wrinkle because it was a new resort and none of the deeds in the latter phases had been recorded yet. So we had to wait for the original deed to be processed before we could change it into my name.

clsmit

Tug Review Crew: Rookie
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WSJ, HRA, WKORV, WMH, SBP, WLR
First, I'm presuming you've signed all the paperwork. If you haven't then your closing company needs a very stern phonecall to get the process finished.

If you've signed everything, use the link on the resources sticky to see if it's been recorded. If it has you can fax/email the proof from the county recorder to SVN using the info in the sticky to get it in your MSC account. If it's not recorded call the closing company and ask them specifically where it is in the process. This should not take that long.

stevens397

TUG Member
Reaction score
Not requalifying this one. Purchased Kierland first and really don't need any more - this was too good a deal to pass up and I'll probably offer it to my kids each year.

Thanks for the feedback. A stern call will go out tomorrow.

stevens397

TUG Member
Reaction score
Just got this letter from the transfer company. Apparently everything is done and they will now mail it to Starwood (why in the world they have to sit on it for a week before mailing it out is beyond me).

As I understand the sticky in Owner Resources, once they send me the document number, I can look it up on the website provided, print it and fax it myself to Starwood. Is that correct?

Many thanks for all the help!

Dear Steven,

The original Warranty Deed was JUST received from the county on 9/4/2008. The transfer documents have been processed, and are being sent to the resort on 9/11/2008. Please understand that we were at the counties mercy.

The original Warranty Deed will be mailed to you. Once we receive confirmation from the resort that they have updated their records reflecting you as owner we will proceed with mailing you a final letter.

Please contact or email me with any questions.

Your patience is greatly appreciated.

Best Regards,

Ivette

yumdrey

TUG Member
Reaction score
Timeshare closing serices are terrible. I purchased a TS through ebay on early April, Timeshare Closing Services is handling it, they always said "we are still waiting county record" for over 2 months! I think that's what they tell customers who complain about slow process. I don't think all counties in USA are that slow to record the deeds! What a shame...

tlpnet

TUG Member
Reaction score
That is a really really long time. Both of mine were done in less than 60 days and we had problems getting the seller to make time to sign documents. I used an escrow/closing company in California who physically took the deed to the courthouse. Still the process should not take as long as yours did. WMH does have ROFR so that process can take up to two weeks. Outside of that, allow two weeks for mail from TCS and back. You can call Riverside County and ask them how long it takes for them to record a deed that they receive in the mail. All-in-all, 60-90 days should be plenty adequate.

I used TCS for the Vistana weeks I bought, and was very satisfied with them. The last week I bought did take them longer, and it seems to me it's because they are very busy. Calling them each step of the way does seem to help especially if you know how long each step will take.

-tim

Ken555

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Westin Kierland
Sheraton Desert Oasis
Timeshare closing serices are terrible.

Well... this is interesting. I just checked my records, and it seems the two Vistana Resort units I bought earlier this year were processed by Timeshare Closing Services. They were done extremely quickly, and I have absolutely no complaints. I believe both were listed on my account at MSG within 2-3 weeks of purchase.

Note that I paid both purchases via credit card and already had an existing MSG account with Starwood. Perhaps this helped speed the approval process at Starwood. However, neither should have impacted the time to deal with the county.

tlpnet

TUG Member
Reaction score
I had the same results with TCS and Vistana and was very happy. However there are major differences between those closings and closing WMH. TCS is in Orlando as is Starwood. Vistana has no ROFR. TCS is setup to record deeds with Orange County (Orlando) electronically so it takes minutes instead of weeks.

To those folks who are having problems with TCS, I suggest that you call and speak to someone there. I found them to be responsive and willing to explain the processes and where my escrows were along the way.

stevens397

TUG Member
Reaction score
Wrote to them yesterday and got the response today. Asked for the document number so I could look it up and they did one better - emailed me a pdf file of the recorded deed. Check on the website and it's there.

Followed advice and sent an email to Starwood with the deed attached. Waiting to hear from them.

Appreciate all the responses. I still think they dragged this out ridiculously. Still, glad it's just about over and that my great deal (WMH 2 BR Platinum for $7,083) seems to have gone through.

Again - thanks to all. Case closed!

lars158

TUG Member
Reaction score
Deed look-up for WMH?

You should be able to look up a copy of your deed on the following website:

http://www.enetwizard.com/shop/affiliates/11467_01/default.asp?readit=readit

Hopefully, you can do so without the document number (I only needed my name and date for my PGA)

Then, email it to

00SVO-TitleChanges@starwoodvo.com

It usually only takes a couple of days for them to get you in the system.

Is there a way to get the deed online as a softcopy? I can see my deed in the list but when checking out I only see an option to get a copy sent via regular snail mail... Thanks!

vacationtime1

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WKORV-OF (Maui)
WKV x2 (Scottsdale)
Timeshare closing serices are terrible. I purchased a TS through ebay on early April, Timeshare Closing Services is handling it, they always said "we are still waiting county record" for over 2 months! I think that's what they tell customers who complain about slow process. I don't think all counties in USA are that slow to record the deeds! What a shame...

I had a very positive experience with TCS. My eBay auction closed on July 28, the deed was recorded on August 19, and Starwood transferred the ownership on September 5. What's that -- 39 days?

During that time, they made me a 2009 reservation for a summer week and gave me the 2008 use which no one had claimed; both transferred to me and are now on deposit at Interval.

I was in constant contact with them to move things forward, but I was very impressed with their response times and communication.

FWIW, the property was a Sheraton Broadway Plantation. Horry County, South Carolina is obviously quicker than Riverside County, California.

clsmit

Tug Review Crew: Rookie
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WSJ, HRA, WKORV, WMH, SBP, WLR
Is there a way to get the deed online as a softcopy? I can see my deed in the list but when checking out I only see an option to get a copy sent via regular snail mail... Thanks!

You might be able to do a screen shot of your recorded deed and email that to the address. That might be enough to get you started -- and it's free. The people at the other end of the SVO recording email are quite helpful, I've found. They'll tell you if that's not sufficient.

yumdrey

TUG Member
Reaction score
Robert, you were very lucky!
I have paid 2008 MF for my TS, and requested them to reserve the 2008 usage for me, but they never did. When I called them, they answered nicely and tried to find out what made delay, but couldn't solve the problem at all.
Finally, I got a notice from the resort yesterday that my name is in their system. The whole process took almost 6 months and there's only one week I can book now for 2008.

lars158

TUG Member
Reaction score
You might be able to do a screen shot of your recorded deed and email that to the address. That might be enough to get you started -- and it's free. The people at the other end of the SVO recording email are quite helpful, I've found. They'll tell you if that's not sufficient.

Hmmm, I am only able to see a line item on this website with a deed number and my name, but not an actual view of the deed with the information I would think SVO would need to process the transfer. Is there a way to actually see the deed online through this or another website? In the mean time I have ordered a copy of the deed for $4 plus $5 USPS fee, but this will likely take 10 days to reach me, so if there's a quicker way that would be great...

The WMH TS that I bought included right of use for 2008 and I am concerned there will not be much availability this late in the year, so I am eager to get the transfer done with SVO ASAP so that I can book for 2008 before it's too late...

tlpnet

TUG Member
Reaction score
Hi Lars,

I don't know of such a site, but one may exist if you search further. Riverside County is actually really quick in returning the original deed to the person who requested recording. First of all, the site you're referring to takes around a week (my recollection) to register a deed. If you're seeing it already, it was probably recorded over a week ago. Call the closing company and ask them to fax or email it to you, and then forward it to SW. This will probably be faster than having the deed mailed to you from the site.

-tim

lars158

TUG Member
Reaction score
Hi Lars,

I don't know of such a site, but one may exist if you search further. Riverside County is actually really quick in returning the original deed to the person who requested recording. First of all, the site you're referring to takes around a week (my recollection) to register a deed. If you're seeing it already, it was probably recorded over a week ago. Call the closing company and ask them to fax or email it to you, and then forward it to SW. This will probably be faster than having the deed mailed to you from the site.

-tim

Thanks Tim, you are correct the deed was recoded on 9/10, so that's over a week ago... I sent an email to the closing company to get a copy of the deed mailed to me via email so that I can forward it to SVO for processing.

dcdowden

TUG Member
Reaction score
I was also very impressed with Starwood on how cooperative they were in their Title Services to get the ownership transferred to me once the deed was recorded. My ownership was at Westin Kierland, so they just used the on-line Maricopa County website to verify the deed was recorded and did the transfer while I was on the phone. Great Service - and Starwood doesn't even charge for the transfer like a lot of T/S companies do.
Doug