• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

How long have you lived here, dear husband?

isisdave

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Waiohai
When I was working, if we went out to lunch and had leftovers, or a bought something needed at home at the supermarket on lunch hour, I'd put it in the office fridge, and to make sure I didn't forget it, I'd put the car key there too.

This worked well about 95% of the time. Often enough, that I never switched to writing myself a note instead.

stmartinfan

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Divi Little Bay, St. Maarten
I'm one of the "finders" too - the person in the house who remembers where things are or who can locate them when my DD and DH can't seem to see items even when they are in plain site. I do get accused of moving things - and do occasionally because both would simply allow the misc. news papers, bags, bills, dog leashes, etc., to pile up on the table until there was no room left to eat. I usually put things where they belong, but finding them would involve more work than saying, "Mom, where the??? I can't find it." I had blamed my daughter's inability on her ADHD/autism, but perhaps it's a trait that's held by more people than I realized.

T_R_Oglodyte

TUG Lifetime Member
Reaction score
I suspect we are a common couple. DW is neat to an extreme. I'm messy to the other extreme.

Neatness and order is part of her essence, and is one of the many things that captivate me about her, even after 45+ years. It's so fascinating to be with a person who processes things so differently from me. She enters a situation and if something isn't in order, she senses it immediately and unconsciously will put things in order. If we're having a conversation and she starts peeling an orange, all of the peels will be neatly stacked and arranged, and she does that without even thinking about it.

OTOH - my life is managed chaos. I have a messy office. The tool storage area in the garage is a disaster except in my own eyes. But underlying that, there is an order. I have stacks and heaps, but there is some logic to how I have placed things.

Sometimes she can't take it any longer and puts things into order. And when she does, I can't find things anymore. I will tolerate that in the house, I can't accept it in my office, because I need to find things. (I have worked from a home office for almost 20 years now.)

We have an agreement. If she can't abide the condition of my office, the response is to close the door so she doesn't have to see it. What is unacceptable is for her t try to do me a favor by organizing things.

Moral: Don't tell me that you love me by fixing me. Tell me that you love me by accepting me.

Panina

TUG Review Crew: Elite
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Hgvc Anderson, Blue Ride Village Resort
I suspect we are a common couple. DW is neat to an extreme. I'm messy to the other extreme.

Neatness and order is part of her essence, and is one of the many things that captivate me about her, even after 45+ years. It's so fascinating to be with a person who processes things so differently from me. She enters a situation and if something isn't in order, she senses it immediately and unconsciously will put things in order. If we're having a conversation and she starts peeling an orange, all of the peels will be neatly stacked and arranged, and she does that without even thinking about it.

OTOH - my life is managed chaos. I have a messy office. The tool storage area in the garage is a disaster except in my own eyes. But underlying that, there is an order. I have stacks and heaps, but there is some logic to how I have placed things.

Sometimes she can't take it any longer and puts things into order. And when she does, I can't find things anymore. I will tolerate that in the house, I can't accept it in my office, because I need to find things. (I have worked from a home office for almost 20 years now.)

We have an agreement. If she can't abide the condition of my office, the response is to close the door so she doesn't have to see it. What is unacceptable is for her t try to do me a favor by organizing things.

Moral: Don't tell me that you love me by fixing me. Tell me that you love me by accepting me.
I thought you were talking about me and my other half.

slip

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Pono Kai, 20 wks; Maui Schooner, 1.5 wks; 1 week Ke Nani Kai; WaveCrest Condo, Molokai, HI
It’s special how all couples are different. My wife and I are very similar in just about everything. She used to be more of a worrier but since we moved and she retired, we are similar in that respect also.

DeniseM

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WKORV, WKV, 2-SDO, 4-Kauai Beach Villas, Island Park Village (Yellowstone), Hyatt High Sierra, Dolphin's Cove (Anaheim)
I know I've posted this story on TUG before, but it still blows my mind. A few years ago, I looked everywhere and could not find my keys. I faithfully put them on the key hook in the laundry room - not there. Sometimes DH used my keys, but he insisted that he hadn't used them lately. So we backtracked everywhere he had been, and it turned out that when he took some boxes of books to the library in his truck, he left my keys in one of the boxes. My key ring does not have a pickup key, so there was zero reason for him to even have them. Go figure...

pedro47

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Yo
me : honey can you vacuum? ( I can’t for a few weeks because I had a eye bleeder, doctors orders)
him: ok
him: I am done
I was on the phone in another room while he did it
me: did you do the rug in the living room?
him: no just the wood floors
me: all the fibers from the new rug is what is making the floor dirty
him: no it is dirt from the outside on the floor, ok I will vacuum the rug
later me: did you get a chance to vaccuum the rug?
him: yes
me hours later: honey you didn’t do the rug
him: how could you tell?
me: all the crumbs from your snacks are still on the rug

Can‘t make this stuff up

I didn’t have to say another word about it. A few hours later he did the rug.:love:
you guys are so funny. Please take care and be safe.

rickandcindy23

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham Founder; Disney OKW & SSR; Marriott's Willow Ridge,Shadow Ridge,Grand Chateau;Val Chatelle; Hono Koa OF (3); SBR(LOTS), SDO a few; Grand Palms; WKORV-OF (2),Westin Desert Willow.
I know I've posted this story on TUG before, but it still blows my mind. A few years ago, I looked everywhere and could not find my keys. I faithfully put them on the key hook in the laundry room - not there. Sometimes DH used my keys, but he insisted that he hadn't used them lately. So we backtracked everywhere he had been, and it turned out that when he took some boxes of books to the library in his truck, he left my keys in one of the boxes. My key ring does not have a pickup key, so there was zero reason for him to even have them. Go figure...
So funny.

Rick came home yesterday with some much-needed canned tomatoes, corn, beans and other items. He went to put them away and once again opened the wrong drawer, the soup drawer with canned and boxed broths, canned cr of mushroom soup, etc. I asked him what he was doing in that drawer. He said, "I put all of these ingredients in my chicken taco soup soup, so I thought it was the right drawer. It says soup right on it."

This is not an isolated thing in our house. So he is going to re-organize the drawers and re-label them. He says I will know his frustration. No, I will read the labels, figure out his system, and I will know where to find the items in the drawer, and of course I will help him figure it out.

I have pasta and Rao's spaghetti sauce in one drawer. It's labeled: Marinara, Spaghetti Sauce, Pasta, Rice and Dry Beans. There is nothing but pasta and sauces in the drawer. No rice, no dried beans. I am out of those two items. I told him we are out of dry beans. They didn't have any at the store. He was still looking in every other drawer for pinto beans. I am organized. I don't have dry beans in other drawers. Don't bother looking for something that isn't going to be there. He finally said, "Yeah, you are right. There are no dry beans anywhere."

I just laugh. He re-did the kitchen in 1997, built the cabinets himself, and I organized everything with all of that wonderful new room I have in my giant pantry. I am blessed. But I haven't changed any item locations since 1997.

Rick does a lot of the cooking. I cannot eat what he eats, so it works out fine for both of us.

chellej

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
So not losing anything but my sanity..... DH often goes to the cabin which is off-grid. They recently added a cell tower so we now have cell service. He has been working on getting a camera set up using blink cameras and charged by solar when we aren't there. He also added a camera in our living room at the house.

Last night I was sitting watching TV, I am alone, and I hear a deep voice. I couldn't understand what the person was saying but it alarmed me so I went to check in the back and let the dogs in.

Decided I was just imaging things.

This morning I was looking at the Blink clips, and there is one of me sitting in the living room and it dawned on me....It was DH at the cabin talking to me through the camera.

He confirmed today it was him....I really was thought I was losing it.

Beachclubmum

Reaction score
So not losing anything but my sanity..... DH often goes to the cabin which is off-grid. They recently added a cell tower so we now have cell service. He has been working on getting a camera set up using blink cameras and charged by solar when we aren't there. He also added a camera in our living room at the house.

Last night I was sitting watching TV, I am alone, and I hear a deep voice. I couldn't understand what the person was saying but it alarmed me so I went to check in the back and let the dogs in.

This morning I was looking at the Blink clips, and there is one of me sitting in the living room and it dawned on me....It was DH at the cabin talking to me through the camera.

Glad you weren’t sitting at home with your lover (wink), but on the other hand maybe that would have taught him a lesson not to scare you like that!

Panina

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Hgvc Anderson, Blue Ride Village Resort

The first time my other half did that to me I thought I was imagining things too. Now I just ignore it, he can call.