• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

How long have you lived here, dear husband?

Monykalyn

TUG Member
Reaction score
I think some of you should start a blog and take turns writing some of these stories down LOL!
@clifffaith my Sister in Law is extremely smart but she couldn't find her way out of a paper bag. Still gets lost occasionally WITH GPS to her dad's house-and he's lived there 30 years. Has a PhD in Psychology. Did I mention she will get lost even with GPS?

pedro47

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Good morning, now I cannot find my car keys again.
I was going to do the 8AM senor shopping thing at Fresh Market this morning.
I thought , I left them in the kitchen on the counter top. Well, I cannot wake the Commander in Chief and ask her.
Ok, it has been 20 minutes, I found them, they were in my coat jacket.
Have a nice day everyone. I am off to Fresh Market.

geist1223

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Worldmark 97,000 Credits
DRI Cabo Azul 50,500
Royal Solaris San Jose del Cabo
We keep a small box with hooks on the wall by the back door. Keys get hung there when you come in the house.

rapmarks

TUG Review Crew: Elite
TUG Member
Reaction score
I must admit it had never occurred to me to label drawers and shhlves

Panina

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Hgvc Anderson, Blue Ride Village Resort
We keep a small box with hooks on the wall by the back door. Keys get hung there when you come in the house.
We have hooks too but they are only good if you use them. My other half sometimes can’t find a key to his car and says he thought he put it on the hook.

pedro47

TUG Member
Reaction score
We have hooks too but they are only good if you use them. My other half sometimes can’t find a key to his car and says he thought he put it on the hook.
chill Panina, I can feel for your DH.:hi:
We have a copper bowl for my keys. l Sometimes I place them in the bowl; but I liked to keep in my pants or my jacket pocket.

SandyPGravel

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Westin St. John Plat+
2 BR-VGV
Westin St. John Plat
2 BR-BV
I think some of you should start a blog and take turns writing some of these stories down LOL!
@clifffaith my Sister in Law is extremely smart but she couldn't find her way out of a paper bag. Still gets lost occasionally WITH GPS to her dad's house-and he's lived there 30 years. Has a PhD in Psychology. Did I mention she will get lost even with GPS?
My ex-sil had a doctorate in education and couldn't comprehend how a cordless phone worked (circa 1990) not a cell phone, a cordless phone for your house. She also couldn't do "That box trick." You know, where you layer the 4 sides of a box top, so it stays closed on it's own!!! Seriously she had a doctorate in education! Lovely woman though, too bad her brother is a :poop:. ;)

pedro47

TUG Member
Reaction score
My ex-sil had a doctorate in education and couldn't comprehend how a cordless phone worked (circa 1990) not a cell phone, a cordless phone for your house. She also couldn't do "That box trick." You know, where you layer the 4 sides of a box top, so it stays closed on it's own!!! Seriously she had a doctorate in education! Lovely woman though, too bad her brother is a :poop:. ;)
Some people are bless with book knowledge and Do no have common sense.
But this is way our creator made everyone different. IMHO.

I can still hit the books; I cannot spell and my brain move faster than I can Type on the Internet. but according to my other half; I have no common sense. She said, I could lose my head, if it was not attach. LOL

negative and positive makes good mates IMHO.

Panina

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Hgvc Anderson, Blue Ride Village Resort
me : honey can you vacuum? ( I can’t for a few weeks because I had a eye bleeder, doctors orders)
him: ok
him: I am done
I was on the phone in another room while he did it
me: did you do the rug in the living room?
him: no just the wood floors
me: all the fibers from the new rug is what is making the floor dirty
him: no it is dirt from the outside on the floor, ok I will vacuum the rug
later me: did you get a chance to vaccuum the rug?
him: yes
me hours later: honey you didn’t do the rug
him: how could you tell?
me: all the crumbs from your snacks are still on the rug

Can‘t make this stuff up

I didn’t have to say another word about it. A few hours later he did the rug.:love:

mdurette

Sighting Expert & TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
On the topic of general observations around the house......

Here is a random question to ask either yourself or your family. Describe our dinner plates.

I did this once a few years ago, DH got it all wrong and he has been eating off of them for about 15 years.

Talent312

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC & GTS
We have baskets on our dresser where keys, phones & wallets go.
But about once a week, I use the landline to call my cell to find it.
I am notorious for misplacing such things.
-------------------
One day, when we were both working, DW couldn't find her keys.
She looked everywhere, and eventually borrowed a car key from me.

Later, at work, I put my hand in my coat pocket, and found her keys.
It seems that I picked up the wrong keys when dressing that morning.

When I got home, I hid them under a couch cushion and innocently as
I could, I asked it she'd looked there.

Last edited:

bbodb1

TUG Member
Reaction score
High radiation belt of the Northern Hemisphere
Resorts Owned
RCI Weeks: LaCosta Beach Club, RCI Points: Oakmont Resort, Vacation Village at Parkway. Wyndham: CWA and La Belle Maison, and WorldMark.
I put keys, wallet, cell phone in the same place ;)

....but then....often when you're napping....the wife moves them.........almost always under the guise of 'tidying up'.....
...and later, when you're justifiably confused as to the location of these items, the wife claims 'you' don't remember....
...we're on to your ways, ladies!

T_R_Oglodyte

TUG Lifetime Member
Reaction score
Every evening I have a glass of tap water with dinner. It's always one of a set that we have; they are the primary glasses that we have. DW uses an identical for her beverage.

Any time she sets the table, she never puts out the glass for my water. She will put almost everything else on the table, including the glass for her beverage, but not my glass. One time I asked if there was a reason she didn't put out my glass. The question was not well-received, nor did it cause her to start putting out my glass.

We have a similar things with hot sauce. I always have Sriracha with Asian food and Tapatio with Mexican. Always. Again, she never puts those out on the table. She will put one or more salsas out that are used by multiple people, but never the hot sauces. Even when DS#1 is with, and he also uses them.

When we have fresh sliced tomatoes, I also put some salt on them. Same thing, the salt grinder will never be put on the table.

I know that she is not going to change ever, and it really isn't that big of a deal anyway.

isisdave

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Waiohai
Every evening, I put my cell phone on the bar and plug it in to charge.

Occasionally, I find it unplugged in the morning, and down to 20%. Grr. . This used to happen once a month or so, but now it's a couple of times per week.

I wish that ghost would find somewhere else to charge his phone.

bbodb1

TUG Member
Reaction score
High radiation belt of the Northern Hemisphere
Resorts Owned
RCI Weeks: LaCosta Beach Club, RCI Points: Oakmont Resort, Vacation Village at Parkway. Wyndham: CWA and La Belle Maison, and WorldMark.
Every evening, I put my cell phone on the bar and plug it in to charge.

Occasionally, I find it unplugged in the morning, and down to 20%. Grr. . This used to happen once a month or so, but now it's a couple of times per week.

I wish that ghost would find somewhere else to charge his phone.
Who ya' gonna call?

Luanne

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Maui Lea at Maui Hill
San Diego Country Estates
My house and car keys are always in my purse.

Except when they're not.

VacationForever

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Every evening I have a glass of tap water with dinner. It's always one of a set that we have; they are the primary glasses that we have. DW uses an identical for her beverage.

Any time she sets the table, she never puts out the glass for my water. She will put almost everything else on the table, including the glass for her beverage, but not my glass. One time I asked if there was a reason she didn't put out my glass. The question was not well-received, nor did it cause her to start putting out my glass.

We have a similar things with hot sauce. I always have Sriracha with Asian food and Tapatio with Mexican. Always. Again, she never puts those out on the table. She will put one or more salsas out that are used by multiple people, but never the hot sauces. Even when DS#1 is with, and he also uses them.

When we have fresh sliced tomatoes, I also put some salt on them. Same thing, the salt grinder will never be put on the table.

I know that she is not going to change ever, and it really isn't that big of a deal anyway.
Is it possible that she is indirectly telling you that you are not doing enough or helping her with dinner? Unless she is generally absent-minded, I suspect that may be the reason.

T_R_Oglodyte

TUG Lifetime Member
Reaction score
Is it possible that she is indirectly telling you that you are not doing enough or helping her with dinner? Unless she is generally absent-minded, I suspect that may be the reason.
That's not it. I do most of the cooking - started doing that when I began working from home in 2002. In fact most nights I set the table as well. And at least half the time I do dishes as well.

T_R_Oglodyte

TUG Lifetime Member
Reaction score

clifffaith

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Worldmark
We used to accuse our housekeeper (between ourselves, never to her) of throwing away, or allowing to go down the disposal then throwing away, our silverware. I finally had to buy extra teaspoons at Cost Plus. Earlier this week I noticed we have 7 dinner forks and 6 dessert forks. Couple days later counted again, just in case, no change. Where the heck are those forks? Miriam was last here over a year ago. The two sets of ladies we tried out at the end of the year and then just before the covid shut down, were not asked to handle dishes. Usually I'd blame him (like I did when a steak knife disappeared right after he was doing a back yard project, and of course a week later he found it), but I think we have to fall back on the house elf spiriting the forks away.

Talent312

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC & GTS
... I think we have to fall back on the house elf spiriting the forks away.

They are likely being stored by the sock-goblin in his lair.
I recently bought 15 pairs of the same socks.
So now the laundry can come back w-missing socks and I don't mind at all.
--------------------
Unrelated issue:
We have two pantries and can't seem to keep the snack food in one place.
I put cookies, crackers & chips in one, but when I look, they're the other one.
How does that happen?

Passepartout

TUG Member
Reaction score

Around our house we call them 'elves'. They make familiar objects that have always resided 'in their place' liberty to either not be there when needed, or to magically appear elsewhere. Now, in my defense, when they disappear from their usual resting place, the DW somehow has been in communion with the elves, and she knows where the object is/are. Similarly when I come across a household object somewhere it doesn't belong, like keys in the bathroom, or cell phone on the patio table, and inquire, "How did this get here? " and the answer comes back, "Must be the elves." I am in awe of their skills.I

Jim