• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $23,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $23 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

How long for ROFR?

Bill8777

TUG Member
Reaction score
So, as I mentioned in another thread, I bid and won two different VV 2 bedrooms on Ebay. One at Parkway (?) and the other at Weston. Anyhow, they both have right of first refusal. Anyone have any idea how long it will take for me to find out? The not knowing is torture. I'm seeing so many units on here for sale. Also, how do people manage setting up RCI. I've explained to the different closing companies that I will only need one membership and it should go to whichever closes first.

Thanks for your time,

Bill

escanoe

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC: Flamingo & Anderson Ocean Club
Vacation Village: Woodstone at Massanutten and Grandview (RCI Points) & the Colonies
Daily Management is not going to exercise ROFR. Has anyone reported or heard of them doing that?

They are going to knock the tires on your being a real purchaser and not a Viking ship, and it could take them a while unless they have speeded up the process.

You would be going through the same process wherever you bought it.

Are these units RCI Points contracts? Unless they are enrolled in points, you set up the RCI account on your own rather than dealing with the closing company.

If they are points, you will pay to establish the account when the first one goes through.

WorldT

TUG Member
Reaction score
The ROFR with VV is not really a true ROFR. It seems they are just using it to weed out people with delinquent accounts. I am still waiting for one from early May. Daily Management is the company that handles the management for most (if not all VV properties). They have been kinda slow recently. My purchase in January this year went through in under 1 month.
As for setting up RCI, if you are using different closing agents and both were submitted to DM at the same time, the different agents would not be able to see which one comes through first. So you might want to have the closing agent contact you first before submitting to RCI for processing so you will know who is going first. That way, you can tell the second person to cancel RCI setup to avoid two accounts.

Bill8777

TUG Member
Reaction score
The ROFR with VV is not really a true ROFR. It seems they are just using it to weed out people with delinquent accounts. I am still waiting for one from early May. Daily Management is the company that handles the management for most (if not all VV properties). They have been kinda slow recently. My purchase in January this year went through in under 1 month.
As for setting up RCI, if you are using different closing agents and both were submitted to DM at the same time, the different agents would not be able to see which one comes through first. So you might want to have the closing agent contact you first before submitting to RCI for processing so you will know who is going first. That way, you can tell the second person to cancel RCI setup to avoid two accounts.
Thank you. I notified the second one but I probably need to notify them both. Thanks for the help.

LF27834

Reaction score
Mine passed through in 5 days at Massenutten. 2 of those days being a weekend.

iftravel

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
DVC - Hilton Head
The Colonies at Williamsburg
Mine passed through in 5 days at Massenutten. 2 of those days being a weekend.
Lucky you! Are they processing the new deed now?

rboesl

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Divi Village Beach & Golf Resort
Vidanta Grand Mayan
Villa del Arco Cobo
Grandview Las Vegas
Vacation Village at Bonaventure
I had a sale fall through due to ROFR with Grandview. They said the buyer had a unpaid maintenance fee balance on another VV property. His response: "Oh, yeah, I forgot about that one."

WorldT

TUG Member
Reaction score
How can a person "forget" payment due on one timeshare but is trying to buy another one?

iftravel

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
DVC - Hilton Head
If the management company can finish some in 5 days, there is no reason they should hold on others for 3 months. Any success of speeding up the process by contacting them perhaps?

iftravel

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
DVC - Hilton Head
I contacted DM Resorts and was told the ROFR was waived and sent to title company for transfer. I then find out the agent received the approval and already recorded the deed several weeks ago. So the ROFR took about 2 months for me and now waiting for the resort to transfer the ownership.

Yours might have be approved now and you could email DM for an update.

WorldT

TUG Member
Reaction score
I contacted DM Resorts and was told the ROFR was waived and sent to title company for transfer. I then find out the agent received the approval and already recorded the deed several weeks ago. So the ROFR took about 2 months for me and now waiting for the resort to transfer the ownership.

Yours might have be approved now and you could email DM for an update.
The closing agent stumbled quite a bit on this purchase. But it is finally sorted out. Waiting on DM to transfer the account to my name now. It has been 2 weeks and counting.

iftravel

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
DVC - Hilton Head
The closing agent stumbled quite a bit on this purchase. But it is finally sorted out. Waiting on DM to transfer the account to my name now. It has been 2 weeks and counting.
Oh good. my agent said it will take DM 30-60 days to process once they received all the documents.

WorldT

TUG Member
Reaction score
Sent an email very early this morning to owner transfer at DM. It has been exactly 30 days since they got the registered deed docs. Got an email back a few hours later saying transfer completed today. A couple of hours later, the closing company also emailed me saying it has been completed.
I haven't received the welcome email from concierge yet although I have an RCI points account at Grandview Las Vegas. I am not sure if I will get a new account number for this one or they will attach it to the same account number.
This will be II trader and I am already behind schedule for trading for next year.
Concierge line takes a long time to pickup the phone. I think I will just call the resort directly and speak with member services tomorrow.
Any new sign up special for II currently?

J.Ramaj

TUG Member
Reaction score
I can agree with the other Massanutten buyer. I acquired two seperate weeks at Massanutten and they went through ROFR within a month. Within 2 months I had the welcome letter from Massanutten with my account information.

Grandview was a different story. ROFR took a little longer and the entire process was about 4 to 6 months, and I got an email from DM saying the transfers were complete and eventually a basic letter saying congrats on ownership along with the account number. 2 of the points accounts showed up in RCI, I'm still waiting for the 3rd one to show up as the transfer was completed months ago. I emailed the realtor and they say they are looking into it. But all in all the process normally doesn't take longer than 6 months

WorldT

TUG Member
Reaction score
I called the resort directly, asked for.member services and obtained the account number. Was really easy and much much shorter than trying to reach the general concierge desk.
Also called the resort directly and paid the MF fee over the phone with a CC.
Seems to be much better dealing with the resort than DM.

Bill8777

TUG Member
Reaction score
So, as I mentioned in another thread, I bid and won two different VV 2 bedrooms on Ebay. One at Parkway (?) and the other at Weston. Anyhow, they both have right of first refusal. Anyone have any idea how long it will take for me to find out? The not knowing is torture. I'm seeing so many units on here for sale. Also, how do people manage setting up RCI. I've explained to the different closing companies that I will only need one membership and it should go to whichever closes first.

Thanks for your time,

Bill
Update, It just closed a couple of days ago. Took almost three months.