• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

How long for refund?

DanJ123

Reaction score
How long does it take HGVC to refund the deposit? and do they refund full amount of the deposit?
I made a mistake of purchasing directly from HGVC on 08/25/2017.
It sounded like a great idea, but the cost was kind of high. Then I found this Forum and decided to cancel.
I sent the rescission letter on 09/01/2017 overnight. It was delivered on 09/02/2017.
but due to Labor Day weekend they did not see it until 09/05/2017.
I called HGVC customer service and they told me they got the letter and cancelled the contract.
Still waiting for refund...
How long does it take HGVC to refund the deposit? and do they refund full amount of the deposit?

Passepartout

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
They will refund the entire amount. They are under no obligation to tell you when. Depending on when the refund is credited to your credit card (I'm assuming that's how you paid the down payment) it might take as many as 45 days before you see the credit.

A little stressful waiting, but it's better than having paid retail for a TS. Glad you found us in time.

Jim

Talent312

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC & GTS
It usually happens in ~ 20 days. But HGVC offices are in Orlando and dealing w-Hurricane Irma issues, so it could be delayed a bit.

DanJ123

Reaction score
Update: HGVC refunded full amount back to my CC on 9/15, but it appeared on CC balance only on 9/22. Thanks to this forum I saved myself my own money. Now I can look into time share resale market. Thank you.

GT75

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Legacy HGVC
FAVC-Cabo
I am glad our TUG members were able to help. Now you can take your time, research, ask questions and get exactly what you want for a lot less.

alwysonvac

TUG Lifetime Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WORLDMARK, HGVC, VISTANA

SOLD (DVC, FSRC)
Thank you for coming back and providing us with a refund timeline for future reference :thumbup:

QuadC_G

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Rescinded from HGV
I'm so thankful for this site. I signed up for HGV after a night of partying in Vegas and hungover. Did some research and realized it was too good to be true, thanks to this site, BBB, and Consumer Affairs. I sent my rescinding letter 5 days after purchasing (they're very sneaky btw in how they hide your option to cancel in a mound of paperwork). I'm just waiting on my refund. I'm hoping I receive it within 20 days, it's been 10 days so far.