• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

How long for membership materials?

cw_racefan

TUG Member
Reaction score
We recently joined RCI (Late October) and when I called they told me we should recieve the membership stuff in the mail in about 2 weeks. Well, it's now end of November and nothing. How long does this usually take?

Craig

thv

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
how long for membership materials

You may refer to my Oct 7 answer from Madge and I suggest you follow her instructions to me ..after calling for 3 months and hearing 2 weeks repeatedly I sent email mailto:feedback@rci.com as Madge suggested and listed TUG in subject line and finally received my material in about 2 weeks after waiting more than 3 months and continually hearing 2 weeks ...Hope this helps you also as I think Madge is out a good deal the month of December Tom

wackymother

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
I just wrote per Madge's instructions

And got a very quick reply saying my materials would be sent in 8 to 10 weeks, which I think is a very very long time considering I joined about five weeks ago. (They urged me to look on the website, which is fine but you can't sit around on the couch with the online version.)

I replied back to feedback@rci.com saying that 8-10 weeks from now seemed excessive.

Madge, should it really take two and a half months from the noodge?

Madge

TUG Member
Reaction score
wackymother,

No, it's taking much longer than usual due to a transition to a new vendor. Hopefully, your materials will come sooner, but we've chosen to be conservative at this point until the wrinkles are smoothed out a bit. I'm sorry for the delay -- doesn't set a very good early impression.

wackymother

TUG Member
Reaction score
Actually, I'm still waiting for the materials. I think I joined in October.

cw_racefan

TUG Member
Reaction score
Same for me Wackymother..Joined in Oct, nothing yet. I did get an issue of the magazine the other day, but no membership info, guidebook or anything. Seems even the 8-10 weeks is off.

Doesn't give you a very good first impression of their service. They were quick to take my money, but apparently don't particularly care about providing the services. Guess I could call them again (3rd times charm?) to try to get my membership number so I could at least use the website.

Craig

Last edited:

Madge

TUG Member
Reaction score
cw_racefan said:
Guess I could call them again (3rd times charm?) to try to get my membership number so I could at least use the website.

Craig
Craig,

If your account is set up in our system it's a very simple thing for us to provide your ID number and help you log on. Please send an e-mail to feedback@rci.com and enter TUG in the subject line. The Communications Team can check for you.

wackymother

TUG Member
Reaction score
Still waiting for materials.

wackymother

TUG Member
Reaction score
I'm still still STILL waiting for my materials! Not the new directory--ANY directory. I joined in October.

In January I finally caved and called RCI and said I never got the materials and they said, they would send them out again--with the vague implication that not having them was due to carelessness on my part. It's almost March, and I still don't have any materials at all!

njflyer

Reaction score
I joined in Dec. and the same thing here nothing, nada all saw with thr RCI name on it was my credit card bill for the money.
RCI knows how to take it but not give it away

cw_racefan

TUG Member
Reaction score
I emailed per Madge's suggestion. Got a response 2/11 that I should see them in a "couple of weeks". Nothing yet, thought it's barely a "couple" weeks.

njflyer

Reaction score
cw_racefan said:
I emailed per Madge's suggestion. Got a response 2/11 that I should see them in a "couple of weeks". Nothing yet, thought it's barely a "couple" weeks.

i did the same and the response was we will do our best and that was 4 weeks ago

cw_racefan

TUG Member
Reaction score
Hmmm...so I wonder if anyone who has joined since October has gotten anything? I did at least get my member number via email so I can use the website, but sure would be nice to actually see a directory or something from them. There's people on here complaining about not getting the "new" directory, but yet a few of us have been waiting since October to have them even acknowledge we joined (other than the credit card bill). 4 months and waiting....

Definitely not a good first impression.

wackymother

TUG Member
Reaction score
I called them again. I spoke to a rep, then a manager. The manager said that the company they had been using to mail out the materials back in the fall had been fired and that now they are using a new company.

The new company is mailing membership materials and they are caught up to November/December.

Because I called in early February and asked for my materials, and they put in a request for a new set, mine will not be mailed out until the new company reaches the February mailings. I asked why I wasn't on the list for October automatically. The manager said they had no idea who had and hadn't gotten their materials so they just decided to wait until people called in and said they had not gotten their materials. The fact that I e-mailed back in December or whatever and they said to keep waiting another 6-8 weeks seems to have made no difference, either.

When I asked if this whole situation seemed fair to her--since I've been a member now since October but it will be mid-March at the earliest before I see the materials, she said yes, it did. She said they don't have materials at the call center and there's nothing they can do. There's no way to send materials direct under any circumstances.

I got pretty shirty with her.

If you haven't called and, in theory, gotten a NEW set of materials sent, I guess you should. Then at least you'll go on the list.

This is extremely poor customer service. The manager was polite (even when I wasn't very), but there's no actual "service." It's just too bad, so sad, good luck with your problems in the future.

cw_racefan

TUG Member
Reaction score
Wackymother - I finally got the new member materials yesterday! Not very exciting I must admit. Probably because it was noticeably missing the resort guide! Oh well, I have a membership card and a CD now, so at least I know my member number. Maybe I'll get the resort guide some day.

Craig

wackymother

TUG Member
Reaction score
Thanks for the update! I just talked to RCI again yesterday and the VC said she would send a new membership card. (She even said it's not particularly exciting!) I told her I had been waiting for the book since October and she said they're sending out the new ones so everybody should have it in the next few months. I guess that means I'll never see the old one that was supposed to be sent out in October...or the old? new? one that was supposed to go out in February and then handled by the new company.

Let's see who gets it...last! :p

Madge

TUG Member
Reaction score
wackymother,

I'm very sorry to hear of the continued delays and the casual attitude of our manager. It is just not reasonable to expect that members should wait months for their materials.

We do have a new vendor for mailings and materials, and during the transition we have experienced sometimes significant gaps in service. The issues should all be resolved now, but it will indeed take some before they will be caught up.

Because this is a new directory year, our hands are somewhat tied with regard to scheduling of the directory mailings. They are coming.