• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

How long does it take for II to acknowledge new Marriott property?

MommaBear

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
I just spoke with an II represesentative to add my new Marriott property to my existing II account. She says it can take 4 to 6 WEEKS for this to show up. What are other people's experience with this process?

With Starwood the properties always show up almost immediately.

I also found out that any time I have called II with a credit card, they have kept that card on file. It actually was difficult for the representative to remove those numbers from the record. You have to request for them NOT to keep the card on file. With the amount of cyber crime out there I thought it a bit nerve wracking that those numbers were on file somewhere I had not authorized them to be.

ada903

TUG Member
Reaction score
I added a Marriott a few months ago to my II account and it took a week. It should not take longer than a week for II to call Marriott and verify your ownership. Then the unit should show up under "my units".

ScubaKat

TUG Member
Reaction score
They confirmed our Marriott week while I was on the phone. I called Marriott Owner Services and they conferenced in a II Marriott Desk person. It showed up in my account immediately but it took a couple of days before I could do a deposit.

jpc763

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott's - Ko Olina, Shadow Ridge Villages & Imperial Palms Villas
My friend just bought a resale week and bought membership to Interval Internation on Sunday. His week showed up in his account on Monday.

He has not tried to deposit yet so I don't know about that part.

MommaBear

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Great! Maybe II just told me 4 to 6 weeks so I could be pleased with their efficiency and stellar service when it shows up sooner. ;)