• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

How long does a transfer take?

Miss V

Reaction score
I am a long-time Worldmark owner, and have recently joined the ranks of Wyndham/FF ownership. Not sure if I got the best deal or not, but at least I purchased resale (what should the price have been?)

I want to make the best use of what I have. I purchased 154k points. How do I know if this is enough? Based on what I've read, I can typically deposit 28k into RCI and find a week somewhere, as long as I am flexible. Is this true? and is the week in a 2BR for 28k?

Also, I've read some horror stories about it take 6 months or more for the transfer to actually happen. I have been with WM and purchased resale numerous times and the longest it has taken is 2-3 months... that seemed too long.

I hope I made the right decision in purchasing Wyndham. I kow there are changes coming for owners, but thought now was the right time to buy as we wanted to flexibility in traveling to the east coast that we do not currently have with Worldmark.

Any help on the topic would be appreciated.

karentrimmer

TUG Member
Reaction score
transfer of ownership

I just purchased 2 weeks and it took 8 weeks from the time that Wyndham got the paperwork to process the transfer. From purchase time to when I could see the points in my account it was a total of 12 weeks.

You can get things with 28K points, however they will be off season and not the best resorts.

trinaqueen

TUG Member
Reaction score

Just stay flexible...
I used 28K for The Church Street Inn in Charleston SC 2 bedroom unit
I put the week on hold online using another one of my week. And then I called---The rep told me that as long as I booked it right then and paid the fee, he could make it happen.

I've also read other post where owners were getting great trips on 28K, do a little search on them

chellej

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
I was just able to get a 2 bedroom at wyndham Smoky Mountain for early August for a 28K deposit. I was very pleased

tarabell

TUG Member
Reaction score
I just got my docs today. Took about 10 weeks from offer to being able to make ressies.

Last edited:

tango4u

TUG Member
Reaction score
Hi all,
I guess it takes pretty long for Wyndham to recognize you as an owner (8 - 10 weeks). My closing agent just told me (after 5 weeks) that the package is lost somewhere in Wyndham Title department and he need to resend the paperwork. He claimed that he sent the deed package @Jan 27, 2009 and the check was not cashed yet. I was not so happy about this incident and demanded for this package tracking number.
Does anyone have the Wyndham owner transfer phone number so I can check on my status? I bought this TS December last year!!
Thanks.
MN

photosmike

TUG Member
Reaction score
Hi all,
I guess it takes pretty long for Wyndham to recognize you as an owner (8 - 10 weeks). My closing agent just told me (after 5 weeks) that the package is lost somewhere in Wyndham Title department and he need to resend the paperwork. He claimed that he sent the deed package @Jan 27, 2009 and the check was not cashed yet. I was not so happy about this incident and demanded for this package tracking number.
Does anyone have the Wyndham owner transfer phone number so I can check on my status? I bought this TS December last year!!
Thanks.
MN

From the Wyndham web site.

Call us at 800-251-8736 (within the US and Canada)

Press 1 for Reservations & Vacation Planning

Monday-Friday 8:00 a.m. to 10:00 p.m., EST

Saturday & Sunday 8:00 a.m. to 7:00 p.m., EST

(except for major holidays)

Press 2 for Financial Services & Title/Ownership Changes

Financial Services: Monday-Friday 8:00 a.m. to 8:00 p.m., EST

Title: Monday-Friday 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m., EST

(except for major holidays)