• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

How long do I wait for ebay payment

Reaction score
I have sold my daughter's stats textbook on ebay. The auction closed on Sat. and the buyer has a a feedback score of 50 and a 94.6% positive feedback score. The buyer has chosen to keep his feedback comments private which eliminates him from selling items on ebay. A invoice was sent on Sat. and on Monday I sent an email requesting him to email with his choice of payment options. How long do I wait for a response--I've had no contact so far. Can I offer to one of the other bidders. Time is of the essence, since classes start this week. Next week there will be no demand for this book.

AwayWeGo

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Grandview At Las Vegas

[triennial - points]
eBay Has A Non-Paying Bidder Process -- Might Help, Can't Hurt.

We had a similar problem with a timeshare week, which would not have been available after the reserved time was past, just as a textbook is hard to market too long after classes start. The eBay folks advise repeated tries at contacting the winning bidder -- E-Mail, telephone, eBay invoice, all more than once if necessary. To get the telephone number, you can use the eBay Member Contact procedure -- you ask for it & eBay sends the bidder's to you & yours to the bidder, simultaneously, just to be sure everything is on the up & up.

With our eBay timeshare week offered for rent, we did all those things & still got no response from the winning bidder -- & the bidder's phone number eBay had on file was not a working number. Our dilemma was that we couldn't freely readvertise for another potential renter if that winning eBay bidder was going to pop up & claim that by rights it should go to him. We didn't get any timely response from eBay about how to handle that, so with time running short we put the timeshare week on Craig's List for rent, got a renter, received the money, & went ahead with that on a last-last-minute basis. The night before check-in, the eBay winning bidder called us. "Is it too late now to rent that eBay timeshare week?" he asked.

"Sorry, yes. It's too late," we said. "We tried over & over to get in touch with you & never could, & now there's no time left to go ahead. Sorry."

With the non-paying bidder, we just left it at that -- what business of his was it whether the week went unused or got rented to somebody else?

Later on, we went ahead with eBay's non-paying bidder procedures & after several weeks of fussing with it, eBay credited our seller account with a refund of the final value fee eBay charged us for the completed auction.

Fast-forwarding to right now, I've got an extremely nice horn up for sale on eBay that will sell -- no reserve, already has bids -- will sell, that is, if the winning bidder (whoever that turns out to be) follows through. For the 1st time I sprang for the eBay Featured Item enhancement ( ~$20), which gives the item added visibility. Will it be worth it? Hard to say. In selling eBay horns previously, I've made big bux on so-so horns & been taken to the cleaners on high-quality horns. So it goes.
-- Alan Cole, McLean (Fairfax County), Virginia, USA.​

BSQ

TUG Member
Reaction score
in your listing did you include a statemnt that listed how quickly payment should be made? (For example I always put "payment must be received within 48 hours of close of auction").

without that, I'd say a week max.