• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

How is World Golf Village in St. Augustine

Firepath

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
DVC
I see a lot of RCI exchange availability in 2021 except for summer. My husband is an avid golfer and I've always wanted to visit St. Augustine. How is the resort and the golfing? I couldn't find an recent reviews, but it looks tempting.

Miss Marty

TUG Member
Reaction score
Your husband will have an unforgettable experience at World Golf Village
while you spend the day exploring Historic St. Augustine, Florida

The Official Golf Courses of the World Golf Hall of Fame, the King & Bear and Slammer & Squire at the World Golf Village Resort are award-winning championship courses in a spectacular and unique resort setting. These two courses were designed by some of the legends of the game, two clubhouse restaurants are ready to serve you!

dioxide45

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grande Vista
Marriott Harbour Lake
Sheraton Vistana Villages
Club Wyndham CWA
St Augustine is a great historic city. So much to see and do. Spending a week there may be a lot, but you wouldn't run out of things to see. Definitely book the Red Train through Ripley's. Hop on hop off. It gets you around to many of the big sites. You would need to rent a car here as the World Golf Village is quite a drive from downtown St Augustine.

Synergy

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Grandview, Massanutten
Love that area, one of my favorite local destinations. I know nothing about the resort or the golf, but I am certain you would enjoy a visit there. IMO summer is a miserable time to visit Florida anyway.

silentg

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Fitzpatrick's Castle Holiday Homes,
Enchanted Isle.
I see a lot of RCI exchange availability in 2021 except for summer. My husband is an avid golfer and I've always wanted to visit St. Augustine. How is the resort and the golfing? I couldn't find an recent reviews, but it looks tempting.
What time of year are you going? We stayed there twice. First time was very nice. Second time not so good. We were given a one bedroom that was in need of updating. There was a problem with plumbing when we were there. They offered us the use of a shower in another building, but not an offer to move. The unit was beautiful in the other building. I would go again but would request a newer unit. This was at least 8 years ago, so hopefully the Timeshare is updated by now. Other than accomigationjs We loved the area. I believe I did a review?
silentg

Firepath

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
DVC
Thinking of sometime between Dec and April. Want to avoid the heat and hurricanes.

dioxide45

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grande Vista
Marriott Harbour Lake
Sheraton Vistana Villages
Club Wyndham CWA
Thinking of sometime between Dec and April. Want to avoid the heat and hurricanes.
The later you go in that time period, the more chance you will have for warmer weather. It can get rather cool here during the winter months.

Talent312

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC & GTS
Unless you are going for the Christmas lights (very nice)
or New Year's celebrations, I'd wait until March or April.

montygz

TUG Member
Reaction score
Lots of great golf in the area. The King and the Bear is my favorite, but both are many excellent, high-quality resort courses.

In addition to the WGV courses, there is also Palencia, South Hampton and St. Johns Golf and Country Club nearby. Drive more and you have the Sawgrass courses in Ponte Vedra.

You will need a car to get around because the area is spread out.

rapmarks

TUG Review Crew: Elite
TUG Member
Reaction score
We were unhappy with our unit there, but I believe one building is nicer. We had a very small one bedroom, if you went on the balcony your legs would not fit on the chair, it had to be turned sideways. We were quite a ride from the historic areas, which we loved, and quite a way from the beach. We did play golf elsewhere, the prices were very high in October at the courses mentioned above and we saw very little play while we were there.

montygz

TUG Member
Reaction score
We were unhappy with our unit there, but I believe one building is nicer. We had a very small one bedroom, if you went on the balcony your legs would not fit on the chair, it had to be turned sideways. We were quite a ride from the historic areas, which we loved, and quite a way from the beach. We did play golf elsewhere, the prices were very high in October at the courses mentioned above and we saw very little play while we were there.
Rack rate on these courses can be costly, but there are ways to get discounts for play. Golfnow.com is one. There are also various golf cards and deals, like tourcard.org and execgolf.com