• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

How is the beach at sanibel beachclub II?

rapmarks

TUG Review Crew: Elite
TUG Member
Reaction score
Is it a regular sandy beach?

Sea Six

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Club Regency - Marco Island
Lagunamar - Cancun
Vistana Villages Key West (2) - Orlando
When are you thinking of going? Keep your eye on the news - releases from Lake O are threatening to turn the water brown there again. The water down there at the south end is DISGUSTING after a Lake O release, plus your sunset view is of Ft Myers Beach, not the Gulf of Mexico. You see the hotels of Ft Myers, not the sunset over the Gulf. You don't even see the sun.

Last edited:

PamMo

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
You walk down a trail to the beach. It was great for shelling when we were there a few years ago. The kids loved it! If you walk way up and down the beach, you just have to remember which trail goes back to the resort. :doh:
1605391996522.png

rapmarks

TUG Member
Reaction score
I booked it for dec 12. I have never pulled sanibel, even with ongoing search, and it was just sitting there staring at me, daring me to click on it

easyrider

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Worldmark * * Villa Del Palmar UVCI * * Vacation Internationale*
Its been years but I remember the beach as very shell laced and beautiful. Thousands of pieces of shells. Some full intact shells. Another thing that I will always remember are the noseeums in the late afternoon. We were bit anywhere we were not covered. At the Mucky Duck Bar I saw people wearing light full body suits under their shorts and shirts and thought it was snorkel gear but now I think it was to prevent bug bites. I would recommend deep woods off bug repellant or something with deet in it.

Bill

rapmarks

TUG Member
Reaction score
Its been years but I remember the beach as very shell laced and beautiful. Thousands of pieces of shells. Some full intact shells. Another thing that I will always remember are the noseeums in the late afternoon. We were bit anywhere we were not covered. At the Mucky Duck Bar I saw people wearing light full body suits under their shorts and shirts and thought it was snorkel gear but now I think it was to prevent bug bites. I would recommend deep woods off bug repellant or something with deet in it.

Bill
What time of year were you there?

5finny

TUG Member
Reaction score
The Beach is great there.
That said it is not your soft sugar sand beach
Much of it is packed and full of shell bits
If you walk along the water you will walk tenderly because of the shells-- a pair of waterproof sandals are preferred by some
I usually go week 51 & 52
No see ums can be a real problem some years and some years not
They are most problematic when the air is still and at dusk
They can bite anywhere but they like my ankles
I bring one pair of heavy socks which provides good protection-but not perfect
You get beautiful sunrises but so so sunsets because the sun sets into the landscape rather than the water
I often drive west along the back roads (E. Gulf Dr-Middle Gulf Drive-West Gulf Drive) to or past Tarpon Bay Road to see the sun set
Well worth the trip
Be especially careful of no see ums at that time of day
If no see ums are out:
I do recommend Deet and covering up (at least a little)
I find going closer to the Gulf where it is a bit more Breezy is helpful
I expect you will really enjoy your stay

rapmarks

TUG Member
Reaction score
I have lived in Florida for 17 years from early October until Late may and have never used any kind of insect repellent. I will go out and get a can. We do have a screened lanai. I remember getting bit in central Florida back in 2002 visiting a subdivision I think they must be hearer the water

5finny

TUG Member
Reaction score
They have definitely been there for me

We have stayed as long as three weeks
I notice that my reaction is much greater the first week
By the third week they seemed to have let up quite a bit
If family comes that third week they often get bites and I am unaffected
My personal theory is that you quickly become desenitized to them
I know of no scientific basis for my theory
The important thing is they apparently won't bother you and that is just one more reason you should enjoy your stay

Sea Six

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Lagunamar - Cancun
You walk down a trail to the beach. It was great for shelling when we were there a few years ago. The kids loved it! If you walk way up and down the beach, you just have to remember which trail goes back to the resort. :doh:
View attachment 28567
Those look like the typical 80's vintage resorts in that area. The ground floor is storage, maintenance space, flood zone, etc. The first floor units are actually on the second floor, and the second floor units are on the third floor. And there are no elevators. Hump the steps, troops!

5finny

TUG Member
Reaction score
I think they now have elevators
I believe they were added several years back
From the website:

Accommodations (units) include two bedrooms, two baths, a fully-equipped kitchen, living room-dining room combination and a screened lanai. Washer and dryer facilities are available in each unit as well as a flat screen TV, pull-out sofa, beach chairs, elevators, and covered parking.

Sugarcubesea

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
QH, HBC, VBHC, & Pinestead Reef
I booked it for dec 12. I have never pulled sanibel, even with ongoing search, and it was just sitting there staring at me, daring me to click on it
Have a great time....

Sea Six

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Lagunamar - Cancun
The West Marine in Ft Myers has excellent DEET products. Read the label -some have high content, some, not so much. You can get 90% or More or less than 10%

Last edited:

sfwilshire

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Tristram's Landing, Tree Tops Gatlinburg, Mystic Dunes, Sheraton Vistana Spas & Fountains
I think they now have elevators
I believe they were added several years back
From the website:

Accommodations (units) include two bedrooms, two baths, a fully-equipped kitchen, living room-dining room combination and a screened lanai. Washer and dryer facilities are available in each unit as well as a flat screen TV, pull-out sofa, beach chairs, elevators, and covered parking.

Good info on the elevators. I remember our July trip there several years ago primarily because of the heat and exhaustion from getting our things up to the unit. I've never gone back for that reason. I still wouldn't go back in July, but will keep it in mind for cooler times of the year.

Sheila

rapmarks

TUG Member
Reaction score
Those look like the typical 80's vintage resorts in that area. The ground floor is storage, maintenance space, flood zone, etc. The first floor units are actually on the second floor, and the second floor units are on the third floor. And there are no elevators. Hump the steps, troops!
Omg. Are the eighties considered vintage too?

Mike S

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
We own right next door at shell island.
Same building design
Noseeums not a problem in December
You have elevators
Beach is nice but never cleaned
Mother Nature takes care of that
Great shelling and you’re by the lighthouse
Sunrise not sunsets
If you do encounter a red tide that could be a problem. Just check myfwc.com
I just looked, looks ok
Enjoy, Sanibel trades never come up
We never trade ours

rapmarks

TUG Member
Reaction score
We own right next door at shell island.
Same building design
Noseeums not a problem in December
You have elevators
Beach is nice but never cleaned
Mother Nature takes care of that
Great shelling and you’re by the lighthouse
Sunrise not sunsets
If you do encounter a red tide that could be a problem. Just check myfwc.com
I just looked, looks ok
Enjoy, Sanibel trades never come up
We never trade ours
Thanks. Looking forward to this trip

Sea Six

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Lagunamar - Cancun
Omg. Are the eighties considered vintage too?
If you go back in time any farther than that, you're looking at one of the old converted motels, the first generation of time shares. I stayed in one on Anna Maria Island called Resort 66. That's probably the year the place was built. We left after only a few days because of a red tide fish kill stunk up the place.

geerlijd

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Shanty Creek Vacation Club
WorldMark
Wyndham Bali Hai
Wyndham Canterbury
Wynhdam South Shore
Just returned from a week at Sanibel Beach Club I, a couple miles down the beach. We loved the beach and we're thrilled to get this week with an Interval AC.

I can report that the noseeums were out in force early mornings around sunrise and starting late afternoon (4pm).

We got bit good a couple afternoons that we let our kids swim until sundown. Use plenty of bug spray or stay in the water if you are out after 4 or so. It's unlikely they would be gone by mid December, so go prepared and have a great time.

rapmarks

TUG Member
Reaction score
We are here. Weather has turned a little cool but there is definitely red tide out there. I am wearing a mask with a filter so it isn’t affecting me as much.

rapmarks

TUG Member
Reaction score
Someone just stopped by that is selling this week top floor building six she says cheap. If anyone is interested. All units have been redecorated and look nice. Not vintage at all

Sugarcubesea

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
QH, HBC, VBHC, & Pinestead Reef
We are here. Weather has turned a little cool but there is definitely red tide out there. I am wearing a mask with a filter so it isn’t affecting me as much.

The folks that are staying in my Vanderbilt Beach and Harbor unit this week, told me as they walked the Vanderbilt beach this morning they experienced red tide...

rapmarks

TUG Member
Reaction score
The folks that are staying in my Vanderbilt Beach and Harbor unit this week, told me as they walked the Vanderbilt beach this morning they experienced red tide...
Yes the news said it is concentrated there