• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

How is "school at home" going? Kids? Teachers?

Glynda

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Bluegreen Points Lodge Alley Inn.
Brewster Green (two weeks).
Also, I think the kids are being *really cautious.* All of my daughter's peer group is taking this very seriously. They want to go back to school in person, and they know this is what it will take. I have not seen that same behavior from the college kids I interact with and teach.

Our granddaughter was very cautious in the beginning when she was at home with her high risk parents. She told me that, though she was missing half of her senior year and all that entails, she wanted to do her part. Now that she is on campus at Clemson University (which is said to have the highest count, perhaps the country) it seems that peer pressure has taken over. I see photos of her on her own and other campuses attending ball games, staying in her friends dorms and apartments and hanging all over various friends while being photographed. No masks. She says most of her 4 roommates and two childhood friends have had COVID but she has not. It's as if she wants to get it over with. She knows she can't come home right now yet the university has ordered students to go and stay home after Thanksgiving. Not sure what she or her parents will do.

Glynda

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Students needs to learn self discipline. IMHO.

They do. They are on campus, in the dorms, apartments, or homes in the area. Yet few get dressed, walk or drive the blocks or miles to go to a classroom on the day that they are assigned to be there. And the officials and professors don't seem to be enforcing it. This college's COVID numbers however are low. There are 9 active cases. Whatever... seems to be working for them which is why I suspect they are not enforcing the in class attendance. They also have very strict rules in place that are enforced on social distancing and mask wearing, parties and very few events are being held in person.

Glynda

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
I wonder why that doesn't surprise me. :rolleyes:

Given my age and own experiences as a student and teacher, what does surprise me is seeing a college student lying in bed in her pj's under the covers "attending class." I'm surprised by the number of students who won't turn on their video setting to be seen in class but attend behind a black box with their name on it. The teacher complained yesterday that she was talking to an empty classroom when ten should have been in there and also looking at a computer screen with only three of eighteen students having their video on in order to be seen. When she did a few more turned on the setting and were seen but not the majority. I personally find it very disrespectful.

beejaybeeohio

TUG Review Crew: Elite
TUG Member
Reaction score
Best Place in the US to see the April 2024 Eclipse
Resorts Owned
Peekn'Peak's Greenwood Forest NY
The Principal at our private Catholic school was critical of the public schools and teachers unions. She said the teachers at our school are asking why they have to teach in person when the teachers at the public schools are working from home in their pajamas for a few hours a day. The Principal said it’s because they love their students and teaching is a ministry for them.

Gotta love generalizations....
As an educator who has spent my entire career in the public schools- district, charter, and separate facilities for S.E.D. students- I can tell you that the majority of public school teachers love their students too, and while teaching may not be a "ministry" for them, it is a passion!

MULTIZ321

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
BLUEWATER BY SPINNAKER HHI
ROYAL HOLIDAY CLUB RHC (POINTS)
4th grader walks to school in order to use WIFI to be taught online

Richard
NEW MEXICO FAMILY
Gets Internet Paid For AFTER 4TH GRADER USES SCHOOL'S WIFI

Richard