• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

How is Disney World doing?

dioxide45

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grande Vista
Marriott Harbour Lake
Sheraton Vistana Villages
Club Wyndham CWA
I beleive you get 5% off buying Disney gift cards at Target if you use the Target RedCard. I know a lot of the Disney folks over on Disboards do this.

Dean

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
My son and his family is going to WDW in late May of 2021. Does anyone know of any places I can buy discounted GC’s for Disney. Are there any cool experiences Ivan purchase for them that you recommend?
I beleive you get 5% off buying Disney gift cards at Target if you use the Target RedCard. I know a lot of the Disney folks over on Disboards do this.
Sam's has a small discount on the gift cards, not sure about Costco. I seem to recall people mentioning that Target would no longer give you the discount for gift cards but am not certain.

dioxide45

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grande Vista
Marriott Harbour Lake
Club Wyndham CWA
Sam's has a small discount on the gift cards, not sure about Costco. I seem to recall people mentioning that Target would no longer give you the discount for gift cards but am not certain.
According to their own website, RedCard still gives 5% on Disney gift cards.

Dean

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
According to their own website, RedCard still gives 5% on Disney gift cards.
That's great, I also recall that at times they had an extra 5% discount special.

Firepath

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
DVC
So does this mean I can purchase tickets for April but if we can’t go, then I will not get a refund but I can cancel the dates and the value of what I paid will be a credit indefinitely?

How do you cancel the dates on tickets if you can’t go?

I have an Interval week so we will be staying at one of the MVCs instead of onsite.
I think you just show up with your tickets to Guest Services and pay the difference between what you have and the current price. But if FP+ comes back, you wont be able to get any until you upgrade, which you have to do in person.

TheHolleys87

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
DVC Boardwalk Villas, Kona Coast II
So does this mean I can purchase tickets for April but if we can’t go, then I will not get a refund but I can cancel the dates and the value of what I paid will be a credit indefinitely?

How do you cancel the dates on tickets if you can’t go?

I have an Interval week so we will be staying at one of the MVCs instead of onsite.
tickets expire based upon dates, but value stays locked--you can apply to future purchase. I'd check with "experts" on disboards under tickets forum.
Here’s the Tickets sticky from DISboards: https://www.disboards.com/threads/tickets-how-to-upgrade.3570721/. I’ve read about changing dates on tickets, and it does involve paying the difference between Disney’s online price the day you bought them (no matter where you bought them) and the price the day you get replacements with different dates, but I’m not sure when you need to go to GR and when you can do it over the phone in advance by calling Disney Ticketing.

mdurette

Sighting Expert & TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
My son and his family is going to WDW in late May of 2021. Does anyone know of any places I can buy discounted GC’s for Disney. Are there any cool experiences Ivan purchase for them that you recommend?

When I need, I follow a thread on the disboards that tells you where to purchase them. For me, when I am in the mode of stockpiling Disney GCs I usually use the Chase offers and get 10% off at places like Staples, Lowes and Rite Aid.....

wed100105

TUG Member
Reaction score
We are here now. Arrived Dec 25 at 11 pm and returning afternoon of Jan 1. The parks are very crowded and wait times are much longer than we are used to in the summer with fast passes. It has significantly changed our touring and desire to be in the parks. We had military tickets for April 2020, and Disney refused to refund, but offered to extend the expiration without blackouts. I’m also a teacher so Christmas week was the only week that worked with our schedule without wearing masks in the heat.

I think you made the right call switching to spring. We were here in June 2019 and the coolest day of the trip was 98 degrees. Disney in spring is lovely! It will be a great break to help your daughter push through to the end of the year.

We are coming back President’s Day weekend and I really hope it isn’t this busy. I hate to say it, but I’m sure it will be. With no character greetings, limited dining, and closed attractions there just seems to be so many more people in line. We’ve had a good time, but I’m glad that we got a fantastic deal on our condo (Wyndham Bonnet Creek) and airfare (20,000 points round trip per person direct on Frontier).

I was just able to book all 5 of us round trip on Frontier for President’s Day weekend (Thursday-Tuesday) for $163 total. I again have Bonnet Creek booked with discounts.

I wouldn’t want this experience to be our only Disney experience, and it isn’t worth paying full price to me, but if you are into Disney and can score a great deal, it definitely beats winter at home(IL). We have military tickets (6 days split between two trips) so the price is right.

HudsHut

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
I enjoy reading https://www.disneytouristblog.com/
Tom posts an article nearly every day. If that day's topic doesn't interest you, you can skim back to other articles. He covers all four parks and keeps us informed of the latest happenings and restrictions.

I would love 2 weeks off at Easter. What a great time to travel!

chunkygal

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
DVC BWV 215 pts

MVC Kauai, Wioahai

Enrolled in DC
At Disney now. Staying at Boardwalk to use up 79 points that would have expired and getting out of snowy North GA. Not your typical Disney experience and I feel sorry for people who are here for their "once in a lifetime" trip. That being said, in talking to staff members and from their history I don't think they will close down and will probably open up more and more, which seems to be the trend. To their credit, you haven't heard of an outbreak of COVID traced back to Disney so far. They are diligent and strict. Because of all the changes, my husband and I are hanging at the resort, only did one park, Hollywood Studios. Trying to get on Ride of the Resistance. Unsuccessful even though practiced and husband said I completed the steps in 30 seconds. So noticeable changes.....

Not tons of restaurants open. The mobile order at fast food is efficient and I like it actually better than the old stand in line.
Nicer restaurants, MUST have reservations when your window opens.
Start planning early due to all the required prepurchases and linking required. Usually we are able to use military tickets (tons cheaper), but not now since you can only pick them up at the gates and therefore can't pre link, which I am guessing means you probably couldn't use them to get in a park.
Parks are at 35% capacity now, which sounds easy breezy, but no fast passes, Covid restrictions....mean most lines are 60-90 minute waits like the old days, even so. On the millennium smugglers ride for instance, no single rider lines, 90 minute wait, but each "party" (we were 2) got separate individual rides module. Not 6 like used to be even with restrictions, just the two of us. If you are on a ride like lets say the animal trek ride at animal kingdom, you would sit only the 2 of you in a row and every other row is empty, so less ride capacity as well.
Many rides, attractions, shows,parades, fireworks...not happening.

I'd still say right now the happiest place on earth.

Lisa P

TUG Review Crew: Rookie
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Club Wyndham Points
Trying to get on Ride of the Resistance. Unsuccessful even though practiced and husband said I completed the steps in 30 seconds.
Just a suggestion that I read about, if you decide to try again on this trip...

A couple minutes before the 7:00 a.m. booking window opens, go into the app and complete all of the steps, which naturally will not work but it will have you ready to try again quickly with just one or two clicks. Meanwhile, ask your husband to set up a timer on his phone to go off 3-5 seconds before 7:00 a.m. When the timer goes off, hit refresh on the Disney app to seek a boarding group. The query will begin to cycle through to the Disney network and your request will get a response within the first few seconds of the booking window.

We followed this procedure from our timeshare resort in our pj's. It worked beautifully and we were able to get a morning boarding group. If we hadn't gotten one, we had already discussed which park we would try to switch our reservation to first and second. Supposedly, a lot of people try to switch park reservations as soon as they miss out on getting a Rise of the Resistance boarding group. So we wanted to be ready to quickly change plans as needed. HTH.

TravelTime

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
All Resale: MVC DPs, Marriott Ko Olina, Marriott Marbella, WKOVR-N, Four Seasons Aviara
I don’t think I want to go if waits are 60-90 min and no Fast Passes. It seems Fast Passes would help control crowds and help with Covid and social distancing. I wonder why Disney discontinued Fast Passes. I thought that was the best innovation at Disney since long waits is what makes me avoid Disney.

TheHolleys87

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
I don’t think I want to go if waits are 60-90 min and no Fast Passes. It seems Fast Passes would help control crowds and help with Covid and social distancing. I wonder why Disney discontinued Fast Passes. I thought that was the best innovation at Disney since long waits is what makes me avoid Disney.
Currently the standby lines are marked to separate groups by 6’, and the word is that they can’t operate FP lines and maintain social distancing for both. The FP lines are used as entries for guests with Disability Access passes, guest recovery passes (ride broke down, guest given pass to return later) and Club 33 members. Whether FP will return in its earlier form when the need for social distancing ends is the subject of much speculation.

Incidentally, now that the holidays are over, waits are much shorter - and actually, waits over the busiest weeks were shorter than during normal holiday times when FP was in use.

TravelTime

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
All Resale: MVC DPs, Marriott Ko Olina, Marriott Marbella, WKOVR-N, Four Seasons Aviara
Currently the standby lines are marked to separate groups by 6’, and the word is that they can’t operate FP lines and maintain social distancing for both. The FP lines are used as entries for guests with Disability Access passes, guest recovery passes (ride broke down, guest given pass to return later) and Club 33 members. Whether FP will return in its earlier form when the need for social distancing ends is the subject of much speculation.

Incidentally, now that the holidays are over, waits are much shorter - and actually, waits over the busiest weeks were shorter than during normal holiday times when FP was in use.

I’m confused. Why can;t they social distance in the Fast Pass line? It seems to me like combining the two would be the best.

dioxide45

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grande Vista
Marriott Harbour Lake
Club Wyndham CWA
I’m confused. Why can;t they social distance in the Fast Pass line? It seems to me like combining the two would be the best.
I think that the issue is that the FP line requires people to walk directly past people in the standby lines. So you would often pass within 6' of someone when going through FP lines.

TheHolleys87

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
I think that the issue is that the FP line requires people to walk directly past people in the standby lines. So you would often pass within 6' of someone when going through FP lines.
Yes, that’s exactly it. The two lines frequently run adjacent to each other, and in normal times the FP line can stop moving for a short time. It’s difficult enough maintaining distance in single lines with switchbacks, where two markers are farther apart than usual to allow for a marker in between them but on the other side of the rail — many people don’t recognize the issue and fill in the space, bringing two groups too close together. Also, some standby queues are so long that they use areas normally used by the FP lines.

frank808

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Disney Vacation Club (Aulani,SSR,VGC,VGF) Hilton Grand Vacation Club(Bay Club, Kohala Suites, The District) Marriott Vacation Club (Aruba Surf Club, Grand Residence, Grand Chateau, Grand Vista,Harbour Lake, KoOlina,Willow Ridge & DC points)
Was at MK today. Peter Pan was 45 min wait. Pre covid times wait is great but compared to this past Nov when it was only 15 minutes. This was both about 1230pm. There was even a 30min wait for it's a small world.

Wanted to ride 7 dwarves but the entry line ran all the way around the ride and was by the Ariel under the sea ride entrance.

At epcot now and test track was about a 45 min wait.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

chunkygal

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
DVC BWV 215 pts

MVC Kauai, Wioahai

Enrolled in DC
Just a suggestion that I read about, if you decide to try again on this trip...

A couple minutes before the 7:00 a.m. booking window opens, go into the app and complete all of the steps, which naturally will not work but it will have you ready to try again quickly with just one or two clicks. Meanwhile, ask your husband to set up a timer on his phone to go off 3-5 seconds before 7:00 a.m. When the timer goes off, hit refresh on the Disney app to seek a boarding group. The query will begin to cycle through to the Disney network and your request will get a response within the first few seconds of the booking window.

We followed this procedure from our timeshare resort in our pj's. It worked beautifully and we were able to get a morning boarding group. If we hadn't gotten one, we had already discussed which park we would try to switch our reservation to first and second. Supposedly, a lot of people try to switch park reservations as soon as they miss out on getting a Rise of the Resistance boarding group. So we wanted to be ready to quickly change plans as needed. HTH.
Thanks, great ideas.
I'm hoping they build a new more popular ride!;)

rickandcindy23

TUG Review Crew: Elite
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham Founder; Disney OKW & SSR; Marriott's Willow Ridge and Shadow Ridge,Grand Chateau; Val Chatelle; Hono Koa OF (3); SBR(LOTS), SDO a few; Grand Palms(selling); WKORV-OF ,Westin Desert Willow.
We have been in Disney for five days. It's been easy to stand in line for 20-40 minutes for each ride. I don't mind the waits. I am glad there is no FP+. Peter Pan in 20 minutes, I will take that. Seven Dwarfs Mine train in 50 minutes (longest wait we had), that was just fine by me.

I miss the People Mover and don't know why they aren't running it, except maybe they don't want us to see Tron.

Buzz Lightyear is one of our granddaughter's favorite rides, and we get in line, and the wait is about 10-15 minutes, even if the wait says 30 minutes. The wait times show as much higher than the wait actually is. That is why we have the Touring Plans subscription and apps on our phones. You report actual wait times to Touring Plans. I love the information provided by that company.

There are some things that are concerning to me about Disney's new policies. I never used Magical Express, but we bought annual passes and would skip a year then use them constantly for a year, then skip a year. With AP's no longer for sale, we feel we really must renew our passes. I don't like being forced to renew them, but we will. Anything to keep us from losing that benefit, so I guess Disney is in our future. :)

Dean

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
We have been in Disney for five days. It's been easy to stand in line for 20-40 minutes for each ride. I don't mind the waits. I am glad there is no FP+. Peter Pan in 20 minutes, I will take that. Seven Dwarfs Mine train in 50 minutes (longest wait we had), that was just fine by me.

I miss the People Mover and don't know why they aren't running it, except maybe they don't want us to see Tron.

Buzz Lightyear is one of our granddaughter's favorite rides, and we get in line, and the wait is about 10-15 minutes, even if the wait says 30 minutes. The wait times show as much higher than the wait actually is. That is why we have the Touring Plans subscription and apps on our phones. You report actual wait times to Touring Plans. I love the information provided by that company.

There are some things that are concerning to me about Disney's new policies. I never used Magical Express, but we bought annual passes and would skip a year then use them constantly for a year, then skip a year. With AP's no longer for sale, we feel we really must renew our passes. I don't like being forced to renew them, but we will. Anything to keep us from losing that benefit, so I guess Disney is in our future. :)
We were down in the fall and the wait times listed were consistently about 1.5 to 2 times the actual waits. I suspect they have locations keyed in and have not adjusted those routinely to account for the social distancing. As for passes I think one can anticipate having then again in the future. I'm not sure I'd renew now just to keep a pass active I wouldn't need for another year or more.

TheHolleys87

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
The People Mover, one of our favorites too, suffered frequent breakdowns the last several years and was due for a refurb. They closed it in the fall and announced it would reopen at some date in the fall, then they’ve pushed the reopening date back several times. It seems that they decided to do a full rebuild. There are hopes it will reopen toward the end of January, but I’m not holding my breath.
I’m in the camp that believes they will start selling new APs after the COVID-19 restrictions can be eased and Disney can increase the number of guests they allow into the parks. Not only have they allowed AP renewals, people who cancelled their APs during the closure have been allowed to purchase new AP vouchers that can be activated years from now. So if you truly don’t expect to return for close to a year, you might want to wait and not renew. OTOH, our APs expire mid-March, and we were thinking we’d buy new ones for our fall trip (which will probably be November or December). Then we checked prices, and the cheapest 5 day park hoppers for the dates we’d probably go are only about $20 less than renewing our DVC Gold APs, and 7 day hoppers are more expensive. So we’re going to renew!

JohnB3

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
DVC - SSR
Grandview Las Vegas (RCI Points)
Marriott - Willow Ridge
We too are just back from Disney (1/15-18) so over a holiday weekend and we visited MK and HS. for reference, I hate standing in line, we arrived at MK around 11am (my girls all like to sleep in) on Saturday and rode thunder mountain, Small World, Peter Pan, Space Mountain, Haunted mansion and Seven Dwarfs. our longest wait was around 45 minutes. Because of spacing all of the lines moved well and we really left around 6pm. I thought it was a great day in the park. We used mobile ordering for lunch at the Pinocchio quick service spot next to Small world with no fuss and little waiting. On Sunday we went to HS and while I was up and logged on to the mydisney experience app at 6:55 am I made the mistake of using the resort wifi (Bay Lake) and did not get a boarding group for Rise. We decided to drive to HS since our dinner reservation was at Brown Derby at closing time (6:55pm) we rode Tower of terror, Rock and roller, Slinky dog, Millennial Falcon, Mikey and Miniey runaway railroad, Star Tours and since I was able to get a boarding group at 1pm (learned my lesson and used cell network) while standing in line for Rock and roller coaster, the Rise. We mobile ordered lunch at the ABC commissary and finished our day 5 minutes before our dinner reservation. We don't normally do many shows or character meet and greets so we did not really miss those, we did however miss the fireworks. For us this was a great trip and I'm happy we went, however we go fairly often and I don't think its a great time for a once in a lifetime trip. I've got another weekend scheduled in April and I'm looking forward to going back.