• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

How I leveraged my points for our trip to Hawaii...

Magic1962

Tug Review Crew: Rookie
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
The Grandview at Las Vegas 122000 points annually....
Hello all! the question is asked on what is better points or weeks and while I don't have that answer I thought I would pass on how I used this years points for our trip to Hawaii in Nov.

1.) 2 bedroom at the Grand Waikikian by Hilton Vacations Clubs for seven nights 69500 Points plus money for trade to RCI...

2.) 7day car rental from Enterprise - Chevy Tahoe 50,050 points plus 25.00

3.) 2 bedroom at Shearwater for three nights 40,920 points plus money for trade to RCI...

4.) 3day car rental from Enterprise - Chevy Tahoe 22,500 points plus 179.23

TOTAL RCI POINTS :183000 points ~$1000.00 a year paid for MF for Grandview

$1000.00 MF Grandview
$ 159.00 RCI Trade cost for 1(can't remember the cost for the trade)
$ 25.00 RCI cost for 2
$ 159.00 RCI trade cost for 3(can't remember the cost for the trade)
$ 179.23 RCI trade cost for 4
$1522.23 TOTAL for lodging and transportation for 10 days in Honolulu and Kauai........

:banana::banana: I feel that I have leveraged my points to the best I could because if you were going to pay straight up cash to stay in a two bedroom and vehicles you would pay TONS more then what I am.... oh and by the way the other couple who is going with us is paying half so now it brings it down to less then $800.00 for 10 days in paradise!!!!!!

Dave (have I said how much I love Timesharing)... :banana::banana::banana: