• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

How Happy Are You With Your Diamond Ownership?

How Happy Are You With Your Diamond Ownership?

• Very Happy - Currently a Point Collection Owner

Votes: 7 13.0%
  • Very Happy - Legacy Owner e.g. Sunterra or Embarc owner

Votes: 8 14.8%
  • Moderately Happy - Points Collection Owner

Votes: 5 9.3%
  • Moderately Happy - Legacy e.g. Sunterra, Embarc Owner

• Neutral - Point Collection Owner

Votes: 4 7.4%
  • Neutral - Legacy Owner e.g. Sunterra, Embarc Owner

Votes: 3 5.6%
  • Moderately Unhappy - Point Collection Owner

• Moderately Unhappy - Legacy ownrt e.g. Sunterra, Embarc Owner

• Very Dissatisfied - Point Collection Owner

Votes: 8 14.8%
  • Very Dissatisfied - Legacy e.g. Sunterra, Embarc Owner

Votes: 7 13.0%

• Total voters

GT75

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Legacy HGVC
FAVC-Cabo
The only fee I may pay if I choose to is reservation protection fee ($119 fee so you can cancel reservation before arrival instead of 31 days.
Actually, Cancel protection fee is $69.

Fried_shrimp

Reaction score
Fried-shrimp any updates or news on the Diamond / HGVC merger ?

Actually, I did hear the signing took place Monday but then nothing else. Diamond sales centers have a "All Hands On Deck" meeting today so hopefully I will hear more from my friend afterwards.

dayooper

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC: The Flamingo, The Boulevard
Actually, I did hear the signing took place Monday but then nothing else. Diamond sales centers have a "All Hands On Deck" meeting today so hopefully I will hear more from my friend afterwards.

Oh wow! I wonder what will come out of that meeting. With the 3rd quarter starting tomorrow, I wonder if we will hear any changes. I‘m not that familiar with corporate mergers so maybe someone with more insight than I can help. I saw an email from one of the high ups at HGVC saying they were investigating any salesman that broke their “rules” for sales. I know it was probably window dressing, but they are at least pretending. I’ve never been to a Diamond sales meeting so I’m not sure how they are.

I know TS salesman get ragged on pretty hard here on TUG, but it’s is their lively hood. Anytime there’s a change this big, it puts anybody‘s job at risk. I’m not sure if your friend is a salesperson or not (or even works for Diamond), but if they are an employee, I hope their situation will be alright.

Fried_shrimp

Reaction score
Oh wow! I wonder what will come out of that meeting. With the 3rd quarter starting tomorrow, I wonder if we will hear any changes. I‘m not that familiar with corporate mergers so maybe someone with more insight than I can help. I saw an email from one of the high ups at HGVC saying they were investigating any salesman that broke their “rules” for sales. I know it was probably window dressing, but they are at least pretending. I’ve never been to a Diamond sales meeting so I’m not sure how they are.

I know TS salesman get ragged on pretty hard here on TUG, but it’s is their lively hood. Anytime there’s a change this big, it puts anybody‘s job at risk. I’m not sure if your friend is a salesperson or not (or even works for Diamond), but if they are an employee, I hope their situation will be alright.

He is an employee for Diamond. Not saying anything else about him so as to not take the chance of revealing who he is.

geist1223

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Worldmark 97,000 Credits
DRI Cabo Azul 50,500
Royal Solaris San Jose del Cabo
If a person escalates complaints about a sales person to the Corporate Level it is possible to effectuate changes. There is a sales person no longer on staff at Cabo Azul after we took it up the chain a couple years ago.

edboyd59

TUG Member
Reaction score
If a person escalates complaints about a sales person to the Corporate Level it is possible to effectuate changes. There is a sales person no longer on staff at Cabo Azul after we took it up the chain a couple years ago.
We ran into a situation at Polo Towers in Vegas a couple of years ago in which the person doing our update (i.e. sales presentation) told us more lies than in any other similar experience ever. There wasn't a single thing that we were told that was on the up and up, AND he brought in another sales flunky that posed as the office sales manager to back up everything that we were told. So surprised that this would happen in Vegas (sure we were). We have been lied to before but we were told some major stories here. Anyway, we were so angry about the situation that I pressed this up the ladder to the point that we took it to the regional manager. He asked what we wanted as compensation, and we told him that the only thing that we wanted was for those people to be gone, and training developed to stop this level of deceit from occurring. We were told that DR was making efforts to do just that (reduce deceit) but were told that Vegas was a bit of the Wild, Wild West and less regulated than other areas (probably true). However, we were assured this would be handled properly. After a time (a couple of weeks), we were called back and told that the investigation had been completed, our accusations were substantiated, and these individuals were no longer with the company. We went back a year later and though we didn't take the 'update', I can't remember exactly why but we had to visit the sales floor to pick something up regarding our account. While we waited for the item to be retrieved, we were seated in the waiting area, and we observed both of these 'fired' employees still walking in and out of the sales offices. Not just the patsy but both of them. I figured the dishonesty was kept at a lower level but I learned that day that you can't trust the middle managers in the company no more than the bottom feeders.

Another thing. We were in another office, at another time after this happened, and we were in a state with single party recording laws (where only one party needs to know that the recording is taking place. So since you are one of the parties, you can make the recording without the others knowledge. Unscrupulous? Sure but this is the Timeshare business you at at war with). Anyway, we were talking to a rep, and he had told us some information and then he left us alone. My wife asked me about something that she was clear about and I told her to not worry, I was taping our conversation. A few minutes later, the rep came back and resumed the conversation. He then stopped and asked my point blank if I was recording our conversation, and if I was, I was committing a felony. First, his story about it being a felony was incorrect and he knew it, in fact, we were breaking no laws. Second, since we were alone in the office, what made him ask about the recording unless we were also being monitored while we were supposedly alone?

geist1223

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Worldmark 97,000 Credits
DRI Cabo Azul 50,500
Royal Solaris San Jose del Cabo
Laws about recording fac to face are different in every state and can be weird. In Oregon you only need 1 person concent to record telephone calls. But for face to face you have to tell the other party. If you do not it is a misdomeanor crime. Each use of the recording is another misdemeanor.