• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

How far ahead of check in will HRC split a week?

heathpack

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Hyatt High Sierra and Highland Inn
Disney’s Grand Californian and Hilton Head Island
Marriott Barony Beach and Mountainside
MVC Points
Sheraton Broadway Plantation
I put in a request for a 4 night split week stay that is >6 months in the future. That week is available to book right now as a 7 day reservation (I don’t want the full 7 nights). The 4 nights are not available as a split week reservation right now.

At what point will Hyatt split the week to meet a waitlist request? Is it at the six month mark?

I’m surprised I don’t know this but... I don’t!

Sapper

Tug Review Crew: Rookie
TUG Member
Reaction score
I dont know about waitlist. However, a week currently available to book: If it is a holiday week, ie Thanksgiving, then they wait to I think 60 days. If not, call Hyatt and ask as I have done split weeks a year in advance.

peas

TUG Member
Reaction score
I was forced into a 7 nt booking for a booking at 3 mo + 1 week out. The strange thing was that I saw the split week earlier when I did the search, but then the split week option disappeared after I did another search and then came back to this search again (maybe 10 minutes). Only full weeks were showing. I waited 30 minutes and tried different browsers and computers trying to get back that split week option. Finally, I booked the full week. It reappeared the next day (after I booked). This was for a very low season week in a studio, so I took the hit in points and kept the reservation since I didn't want to pay $100 in cancellation and rebooking fees to save those points. I know there were multiple weeks available of the studio unit for this low season week since after I booked the studio, there still was a studio showing available.

This occurrence of not showing a split week also happened another time for a different resort for a 3 bedroom, but I am not so sure there were multiple units of that, but I felt that at 3 months out, I should have been able to have the option to split a week if the full week was available. My conclusion is that the system is messed up but no one really knows. I've complained after the fact, but it doesn't help me since all my timeshare activity happens after the call center is closed and I can't go back and recreate the situation for them.

From what I understood of the old system, unless it's a protected holiday week, if it was available, you should be able to split out that week regardless of how far out you were as long as you were the next person on the wait list/or if it's just out there in the system to be booked.

Tucsonadventurer

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Hyatt Pinon Pointe, Hyatt Beach House, Westin Kierland
I was forced into a 7 nt booking for a booking at 3 mo + 1 week out. The strange thing was that I saw the split week earlier when I did the search, but then the split week option disappeared after I did another search and then came back to this search again (maybe 10 minutes). Only full weeks were showing. I waited 30 minutes and tried different browsers and computers trying to get back that split week option. Finally, I booked the full week. It reappeared the next day (after I booked). This was for a very low season week in a studio, so I took the hit in points and kept the reservation since I didn't want to pay $100 in cancellation and rebooking fees to save those points. I know there were multiple weeks available of the studio unit for this low season week since after I booked the studio, there still was a studio showing available.

This occurrence of not showing a split week also happened another time for a different resort for a 3 bedroom, but I am not so sure there were multiple units of that, but I felt that at 3 months out, I should have been able to have the option to split a week if the full week was available. My conclusion is that the system is messed up but no one really knows. I've complained after the fact, but it doesn't help me since all my timeshare activity happens after the call center is closed and I can't go back and recreate the situation for them.

From what I understood of the old system, unless it's a protected holiday week, if it was available, you should be able to split out that week regardless of how far out you were as long as you were the next person on the wait list/or if it's just out there in the system to be booked.
We always have had the option of booking 4 days 3 days or the full week . We actually were able recently to book 4 days at Siesta Key for Sept then when we got more points add the connecting 3 days. Maybe it was a computer glitch or maybe for reservations they do it differently. I would call and check.

heathpack

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Hyatt High Sierra and Highland Inn
Disney’s Grand Californian and Hilton Head Island
Marriott Barony Beach and Mountainside
MVC Points
Sheraton Broadway Plantation

I agree that the new website does some wonky stuff. That, combined with phone reps who don’t always have a clue, leaves me confused sometimes.

Which is why I ask here rather than just “call Hyatt”. It would be nice to know what is supposed to happen from a disinterested party.

boraxo

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Hyatt High Sierra, Villa Resorts (Mexico)
At the 10-month mark I put in a waitlist request for a split week (4 nights) at my home resort HHS - figured this would clear as soon as somebody deposited a week or perhaps 6 months out which is the deadline for owners to book.

I called today (about 175 days out) and was very disappointed to learn that some resorts (including HHS) have designated certain peak weeks as full weeks and do not permit 3-day or 4-day "split" reservations until 60 days before arrival. This is very frustrating as the Hyatt rep could see that 16 units were deposited for the days I request but she could not fill our request. These are not Diamond weeks...

I would kindly suggest this policy be added to the Hyatt program summary sticky - as I did not see this disclosed anywhere and it's a big deal for those of us who prefer split week reservations. This policy really guts the value of my ownership as I can't do advance bookings. Yes the split weeks are a big deal for the many ski resort locations (IMO a 3-4 night trip is ideal) and also because my kids are not going to miss a full week of school to ski.

travelhacker

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
At the 10-month mark I put in a waitlist request for a split week (4 nights) at my home resort HHS - figured this would clear as soon as somebody deposited a week or perhaps 6 months out which is the deadline for owners to book.

I called today (about 175 days out) and was very disappointed to learn that some resorts (including HHS) have designated certain peak weeks as full weeks and do not permit 3-day or 4-day "split" reservations until 60 days before arrival. This is very frustrating as the Hyatt rep could see that 16 units were deposited for the days I request but she could not fill our request. These are not Diamond weeks...

I would kindly suggest this policy be added to the Hyatt program summary sticky - as I did not see this disclosed anywhere and it's a big deal for those of us who prefer split week reservations. This policy really guts the value of my ownership as I can't do advance bookings. Yes the split weeks are a big deal for the many ski resort locations (IMO a 3-4 night trip is ideal) and also because my kids are not going to miss a full week of school to ski.
This is very interesting. I noticed last year that some peak ski weeks had this. Previously it was just holidays.

Kal

TUG Member
Reaction score
If the requested week includes a holiday, HRC will not split the week >60 days out. My guess is some holidays such as Juneteenth might not be included.

Pathways

TUG Member
Reaction score

I won't spend the time right now to find it, but I do remember reading that in the rules that HRC has online