• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

How easy is it to trade Welk San Diego? Trade 1 day at Welks for 1 bonus week through RCI?

chesterxx

Reaction score
Hi!

I recently purchased a Platinum points ownership at Welks San Diego (Escondido). I was told that I could trade 1 day at Welks San Diego for 1 bonus week through RCI, just by simply as making a phone call and booking the one night stay locally. Trade 1 day at Welks for 1 night at an RCI hotel, get a bonus week. The idea is to never stay at Welks, but to trade each night individually to maximize the bonus weeks.

Is that true? How hard or easy is it to do so if so? I've read through and see time and time again, "never buy from the developer," but was told that one could trade 1 day at Welks San Diego easily for 1 bonus week through RCI. 7 days of Welks could become 7 bonus weeks through RCI.

Is this truth? I have a day left to RESCIND if need be. I of course love the whole idea of this timeshare, and if 1 day = 1 week, 7 days = 7 weeks is still great. Any help would be appreciated. Thank you!

120,000 eoy $15k but paid out monthly with interest becomes $30k

Last edited:

tschwa2

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
A few in S and VA, a single resort in NC, MD, PA, and UT, plus Jamaica and the Bahamas
I would rescind. I have never heard of the offer but buying to never stay is usually not a good idea. Even if you got a bonus week through RCI for this process, bonus weeks can usually only be booked 45 days or fewer and into places with relatively low demand and still require a $230 exchange fee. These are the same types of weeks you can book as a last call rental for around $260-299 and as low as $199 when they have one of there frequent sales. You will also be paying fees for each of those one day bookings that you do.

HudsHut

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
RESCIND now.
Bonus weeks at RCI are the leftover inventory at 45 days or less before check-in. Sometimes these weeks can be had for $200 - $300.

HudsHut

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Congratulations on saving $15K!!

Watch eBay item number:

and similar auctions to get an idea of what the points cost resale. Take your time. Stick around here and ask questions to truly learn which timeshare fits your vacation style. What part of the country do you live in?