• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

How does a Hyatt exchange with II work?

DeniseM

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WKORV, WKV, 2-SDO, 4-Kauai Beach Villas, Island Park Village (Yellowstone), Hyatt High Sierra, Dolphin's Cove (Anaheim)
As you know I am a new Hyatt owner. I have a 60 day window that ends Sept. 16, to make a Hyatt reservation for this year, and I'm not seeing anything except very short stays in Tahoe. I am seeing some good exchange availability for various resorts in II.

When is my deadline to deposit my 2022 points with II?
Is there a formal deposit procedure, or do I just make the exchange on II on my Hyatt Acct. and the deposit is automatic?
How long will the deposit be good?
What else do I need to know?

ScoopKona

Reaction score
Monkey King Coffee - Captain Cook, Hawaii
I always call Go-Hyatt and ask whoever answers to drop my points into Interval. You can do that the minute your points become active. I don't remember how close to your week you can go -- it's been awhile. I'd like to say you can deposit right up until when your week starts. But that seems rather unfair. If you call Go-Hyatt to deposit, please ask if there's a deadline and let us know.

As for exchanging, only three numbers matter: 1300, 870 and 430 -- those are the peak points for a 2 bd, 1 bd and studio. It *can* be less. But usually it isn't. Since II points are good for two years from your week, my strategy is to deposit 100% one year, and then see if there's any Hyatt inventory I want the following year -- this allows me to mix and match fairly well.

I don't know if anyone else experiences this, but I am constantly receiving II "free" accommodation certificates. They're usually worthless -- places I don't want to go during times I don't want to go there. But occasionally I luck out and grab a San Francisco week for $250 in fees.

echino

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HYN HCC HWP HYP
HRA KAN WSJ WKV WLR SVV
MCV MKO MM1 MPU MSK
GP7
Valdoro
HHV Lagoon
If your 2022 points are in LCUP, those cannot be used for II. Hyatt internal only, within 60 days only.

DAman

TUG Member
Reaction score
As you know I am a new Hyatt owner. I have a 60 day window that ends Sept. 16, to make a Hyatt reservation for this year, and I'm not seeing anything except very short stays in Tahoe. I am seeing some good exchange availability for various resorts in II.

When is my deadline to deposit my 2022 points with II?
Is there a formal deposit procedure, or do I just make the exchange on II on my Hyatt Acct. and the deposit is automatic?
How long will the deposit be good?
What else do I need to know?
Go to My Account. Then Account Summary on the HRC website. You will find all the dates there for your points.
Is your 60 day window because your points are LCUP? If so those points may only be used for HRC properties.
The deadline to deposit your points to EEE for Interval use is four months before your 2022 week.
Hyatt is very helpful sending out emails about various point deadlines.

ScoopKona

Reaction score
The worst thing about the Hyatt system is all the screwy acronyms.

Limited Club Use Period means, "You blew past your deadline to do anything but we don't want you to feel cheated, so we'll let you exchange for stuff that wasn't likely to be reserved anyway."

Yes, if your points have expired (LCUP) they can only be used in the Hyatt system with the 60-day restriction. Keep checking the website, multiple times each day, to see if anything has popped up due to a cancellation.

ScoopKona

Reaction score
The deadline to deposit your points to EEE for Interval use is four months before your 2022 week.

Thanks for posting that. Am I correct that in the distant past, there was essentially no deadline? It's been a very long time since I've had to consider deadlines.

dsmrp

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Sheraton Vistana, Waikoloa Bay Club, Hyatt Pinon Pt
If your 2022 points are in LCUP, those cannot be used for II. Hyatt internal only, within 60 days only.
Sadly true, since I think Denise had week 11.

However Denise, since you're a new owner, call Hyatt asap, 800-GO-HYATT. Ask if they'll make an exception to let you make an II trade, ( e.g. put points into EEE) because the former owner had missed all the deadlines.
Will need manager approval.
Hyatt CS, pre-Marriott, was very helpful when I was in a similar situation. They are still pretty good, but front-line staff are a little more constrained by rules.

DeniseM

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WKORV, WKV, 2-SDO, 4-Kauai Beach Villas, Island Park Village (Yellowstone), Hyatt High Sierra, Dolphin's Cove (Anaheim)
So I talked to a helpful person at Hyatt today, and they will allow a one-time exception for me to make an Interval Exchange with my LCUP points, however, I have to make the exchange over the phone with Hyatt.

And I paid my 2023 maintenance fee, so I can use my 2023 points right away (my fixed week date is Mar. 18.)

Does that sound right?

Pathways

TUG Member
Reaction score
So I talked to a helpful person at Hyatt today, and they will allow a one-time exception for me to make an Interval Exchange with my LCUP points, however, I have to make the exchange over the phone with Hyatt.

And I paid my 2023 maintenance fee, so I can use my 2023 points right away (my fixed week date is Mar. 18.)

Does that sound right?
It does. If you don't have a place to go, choose a resort(s) from 2023 or 2024, a far out in II as there is a unit matching your points. A 2 bed, multiple 1 beds, whatever your point total is, then get EPLUS. Then you will have lots of time to get the actual week you want.

DeniseM

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
So you are saying that I can make the exchange over the phone with the Hyatt Rep, and then log into my account and add EPLUS online in a separate transaction?

Last edited:

echino

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HYN HCC HWP HYP
HRA KAN WSJ WKV WLR SVV
MCV MKO MM1 MPU MSK
GP7
Valdoro
HHV Lagoon
Ideally exchange for something you'll use. Find somethin online in II, then call Hyatt to make the exchange.

If there is nothing in II inventory that you like, choose any 2br week 2 years into the future that will cost 1,300 points and make an exchange by phone. Leave 100 points to expire. Then log in to your II account and purchase ePlus. You will then be able to retrade for any available week in II with a check in date up to 1 year after that initial placeholder exchange, so up to 3 years from today.

The downside is you cannot put an ongoing request. You will have to search II manually.

ScoopKona

Reaction score
Leave 100 points to expire.

I don't know if this applies. But in the past we have used studio mid-week stays in Sedona/Carmel/Colorado to burn leftover points. Some years, we get it down to 20-30 wasted. (1880 doesn't factor into much that doesn't leave remainders.)

DeniseM

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Thank you so much! :hi:

DeniseM

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
I exchanged for Marriott's Grande Chateu in Las Vegas, and the Hyatt Rep. offered me EPLUS while I was on the phone.

THANK YOU, Hyatt Tuggers!

Last edited:

SteveinHNL

TUG Member
Reaction score
This may be a silly question but once you deposit your HRC points into interval, are you able to use those points to rebook an HRC property? Based on what is see in the FAQs sticky post the answer is no but I wanted to double check to see if HRC owners who have deposited points with Interval could grab a sighting on short notice.

echino

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HYN HCC HWP HYP
HRA KAN WSJ WKV WLR SVV
MCV MKO MM1 MPU MSK
GP7
Valdoro
HHV Lagoon
This may be a silly question but once you deposit your HRC points into interval, are you able to use those points to rebook an HRC property? Based on what is see in the FAQs sticky post the answer is no but I wanted to double check to see if HRC owners who have deposited points with Interval could grab a sighting on short notice.

No. Once points are in EEE, they can only be used in Interval, and all Hyatt resorts are blocked in Interval Hyatt accounts. No exchanges back to Hyatt, and even no cash getaways at Hyatt resorts.

SteveinHNL

TUG Member
Reaction score
No. Once points are in EEE, they can only be used in Interval, and all Hyatt resorts are blocked in Interval Hyatt accounts. No exchanges back to Hyatt, and even no cash getaways at Hyatt resorts.
Ugh, that blows! So even if I own another non-Hyatt resort in Interval, I could not do it unless I open a separate Interval account?

Kal

TUG Member
Reaction score
You could have multiple Interval accounts but the Hyatt Interval account is unique and cannot combined with the other Interval accounts.

ScoopKona

Reaction score
Ugh, that blows! So even if I own another non-Hyatt resort in Interval, I could not do it unless I open a separate Interval account?

The reason for this is that the Hyatt system was created by engineers and mathematicians. They thought of every possible way to game the system, and put restrictions in place.

In this case, it's "Buy a diamond week. Deposit 1300 points into Interval. Get your diamond week for 1300 point. Use the other 900 points elsewhere."

OR

"Buy a Bronze week and occasionally trade for a diamond week through Interval."

This restriction closes both loopholes. My strategy with Hyatt is to own one week and get as much as I can from it. There are other valid strategies, though.

SteveinHNL

TUG Member
Reaction score
The reason for this is that the Hyatt system was created by engineers and mathematicians. They thought of every possible way to game the system, and put restrictions in place.

In this case, it's "Buy a diamond week. Deposit 1300 points into Interval. Get your diamond week for 1300 point. Use the other 900 points elsewhere."

OR

"Buy a Bronze week and occasionally trade for a diamond week through Interval."

This restriction closes both loopholes. My strategy with Hyatt is to own one week and get as much as I can from it. There are other valid strategies, though.

Yes that makes a lot of sense. I don't see the rationale for disallowing purchases of getaway weeks though?

DeniseM

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Steve - With 2 timeshares, one of them not with Hyatt, you have to open 2 Interval Accts anyway, so you can use the non-Hyatt Acct. to buy getaways.

*It's not unusual to have multiple Interval Accts - I have 3:
• Hyatt
• Westin Vistana
• Generic - everything else

Last edited: