• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

How do see the availability now for Sheraton and Westin resorts?

maryk

TUG Member
Reaction score
I am so confused :confused: with how to view anything other than a MVC resort. Can someone please walk me through it?
I have a fixed week and I have DP.
I find the booking process so confusing in the Marriott VC website.

Please help......... :doh:

jabberwocky

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
SVR, SDO, WKORV-N, Westin Flex, HGVC (BLVD)
I am so confused :confused: with how to view anything other than a MVC resort. Can someone please walk me through it?
I have a fixed week and I have DP.
I find the booking process so confusing in the Marriott VC website.

Please help......... :doh:

Sheraton and Westin resorts can only be exchanged into via Interval with an MVC resort. They are completely different systems at the present time.

tschwa2

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
A few in S and VA, a single resort in NC, MD, PA, and UT, plus Jamaica and the Bahamas
You would see some priority viewings through II.

JIMinNC

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Marvin, NC (Charlotte) & Hilton Head Island, SC
Resorts Owned
Marriott:
Maui Ocean Club
Waiohai Beach Club
Barony Beach Club
Abound ClubPoints
HGVC:
HGVC at Sea World
As others have said, the MVC website only shows MVC locations. The only way for an MVC owner to book Westin and Sheraton right now is through an Interval International trade. The two systems are totally separate. They are working on some kind of internal exchange system, but that won’t be rolled out until later this year, at the earliest.

capjak

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
DVC BC & SSR, Marriott GV+MVC Pts, WKORV & SVV, HGVC Flamingo
If you want direct access to Westin and Sheraton you will need to buy Westin and Sheraton and will have a completely separate account. There currently is no other way to book direct.

As others have stated you can exchange through II, exactly the way you did before except I believe they waive the exchange fee and possibly you have some priority in seeing exchange inventory.

DJensen

TUG Member
Reaction score
Via two sales presentations the rep has mentioned Trust, Destination Points and "Hybrid" (different than a hybrid purchase of weeks and points or enrolling old trust weeks with new points purchase). I have trust Manor Club week/points but they talk about owning newly purchased "Hybrid" points so that I will be able to book at Westin or Hyatt properties. Once these properties officially come into the Marriott portfolio (2021?), would I not be able to reserve them as any other Marriott property? Is this just a sales gimmick of the rep to get me to buy Destination points?

vacationtime1

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WKORV-OF (Maui)
WKV x2 (Scottsdale)
Via two sales presentations the rep has mentioned Trust, Destination Points and "Hybrid" (different than a hybrid purchase of weeks and points or enrolling old trust weeks with new points purchase). I have trust Manor Club week/points but they talk about owning newly purchased "Hybrid" points so that I will be able to book at Westin or Hyatt properties. Once these properties officially come into the Marriott portfolio (2021?), would I not be able to reserve them as any other Marriott property? Is this just a sales gimmick of the rep to get me to buy Destination points?

A sales gimmick.

As others have stated, there is no announced integration of the Marriott and Vistana systems apart from an Interval preference; anything to the contrary is speculation.

Wei339

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Ko olina
Another option is using the discount offered to MVC owners of 25% off the leisure rate at vistana signature properties (Westin & Sheraton vacation clubs). Just use the code 14974 in the corp promo.

hcarman

TUG Member
Reaction score
We own both a Hyatt and a Marriott. You would be amazed at how different the two owner's updates are in regards to the plans for the future. Marriott's sales reps will lead you to believe that owners will be able to trade directly into Hyatt in the future but Hyatt won't be able to trade into Marriott. The problem with this logic is that Hyatt is a much smaller system so if Hyatt can't trade out, there wouldn't be many rooms for Marriott owners trying to get in? Unless I am missing something...…...…………..
Hyatt will tell you the two companies are acting totally independently and the inventories will not be merged.
So go figure...………………….
My guess is that with everything else going on right now and sales centers being closed for business - the transition will be further delayed (even if there is a super secret plan in place).
If Marriott could take the good parts of all of the programs that they have bought and combine them, it might be a pretty good program.

Dean

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Technically and legally speaking, Trust Points and Enrolled points are separate entities and could see different inventory. But in reality this is almost never the case. What I think you're referring to is the idea of adding trust points that gives you access to inventory the DC points can't see and again, while technically possible and might occur rarely, it's effetely a non issue and certainly not worth buying retail for or even at all unless you just need the extra points.