• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

How do photos taken with iPhone magically appear on iPad, or not

clifffaith

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Worldmark
There seems to be no rhyme or reason as to how photos appear on my iPad. I thought I figured out that my phone needed to pick up a wifi signal, and it doesn't do that if I charge it downstairs. I specifically plugged it in upstairs Sunday, because it will be easier to show Mom pictures of our new abode if they flow through to the iPad, but no luck. And I swear the phone was never plugged in upstairs the time prior, yet there they were on the iPad.

HitchHiker71

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Outer Banks Beach Club I (PIC Plus)
Colonies at Williamsburg (PIC Plus)
CWA VIP Gold (718k EY)
National Harbor Resale (689k)
There seems to be no rhyme or reason as to how photos appear on my iPad. I thought I figured out that my phone needed to pick up a wifi signal, and it doesn't do that if I charge it downstairs. I specifically plugged it in upstairs Sunday, because it will be easier to show Mom pictures of our new abode if they flow through to the iPad, but no luck. And I swear the phone was never plugged in upstairs the time prior, yet there they were on the iPad.

iCloud storage. Your iPhone will upload the new photos to iCloud, then the iPad will download the new photos.

You have some control over how photos sync via the Settings | Photos area. For example, we have unlimited data via T-Mobile so I have my phone set to allow unlimited cellular data photo sync - so I don’t have to wait for a WiFi connection to sync new photos up to iCloud.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Passepartout

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
It works on Amazon Photos too. I notice the transfers when my phone/Kindle/laptop are on the same wi-fi network. Like magic. The only glitch- probably between my ears- is that if I try to post a picture to TUG from my phone, I get an error, 'file too big', so I just wait until it has transferred to the Amazon cloud and post it from my Kindle. Maybe not pretty, but it works.

Bucky

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Oceanwatch (2)
Google photos works well also. It syncs to all of our iPhones and iPads.

x3 skier

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Steamboat Grand, The West,
Raintree and, formerly, The Allen House
Or Google Photos or any number of cloud storage systems. Just need to have the same app on both

rickandcindy23

TUG Review Crew: Elite
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham Founder; Disney OKW & SSR; Marriott's Willow Ridge,Shadow Ridge,Grand Chateau;Val Chatelle; Hono Koa OF (3); SBR(LOTS), SDO a few; Grand Palms; WKORV-OF (2),Westin Desert Willow.
Rick's ipad rings when his phone rings. How does that happen?

x3 skier

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Steamboat Grand, The West,
Raintree and, formerly, The Allen House
Rick's ipad rings when his phone rings. How does that happen?
You can enable that on your iPhone under settings. Look up Phone, Calls, Calls on Other Devices. As long as they are on WiFi, incoming calls will ring on both devices. You can also make calls on the iPad from the Contacts list.

Cheers

clifffaith

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Worldmark
Still unsure why the photos sometimes cross over and sometimes not. Suspect maybe storage is full, I don't know nothin' 'bout making more available and don't want to deal with it while do a million other things to get house ready to sell. Did sit with ipad and delete a couple dozen photos just now, if only to have an excuse to rest my weary, and exceedingly sweaty, bones. Cliff had the good fortune of having to leave for a family funeral in the Dallas area Monday, leaving me to obsess on my own until tomorrow afternoon.

HitchHiker71

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Outer Banks Beach Club I (PIC Plus)
Colonies at Williamsburg (PIC Plus)
CWA VIP Gold (718k EY)
National Harbor Resale (689k)
Still unsure why the photos sometimes cross over and sometimes not. Suspect maybe storage is full, I don't know nothin' 'bout making more available and don't want to deal with it while do a million other things to get house ready to sell. Did sit with ipad and delete a couple dozen photos just now, if only to have an excuse to rest my weary, and exceedingly sweaty, bones. Cliff had the good fortune of having to leave for a family funeral in the Dallas area Monday, leaving me to obsess on my own until tomorrow afternoon.

Under Settings - click on the first item listed - which is your Apple ID settings. From there - click on iCloud. The first item displayed is your storage usage. If you don’t have enough iCloud storage and want to increase it via a paid plan - choose Manage Storage | Change Storage Plan. I subscribe to the 50GB plan for a buck a month and currently use about 25GB.

clifffaith

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Worldmark
Under Settings - click on the first item listed - which is your Apple ID settings. From there - click on iCloud. The first item displayed is your storage usage. If you don’t have enough iCloud storage and want to increase it via a paid plan - choose Manage Storage | Change Storage Plan. I subscribe to the 50GB plan for a buck a month and currently use about 25GB.

Thanks for that. Phone says 941.7 of 5 GB used. Should be tons of space? Or maybe 9 year old ipad has less space? Will look when I am back upstairs.

pedro47

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score

Thanks