• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $23,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $23 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

How do I deposit a affiliated resort into Destination Exchange

almost retired

TUG Member
Reaction score
I have a week at Gatlinburg Town Square that I would like to deposits into Destination Exchange. Is that even possible? Any information on how to do that would be greatly appreciated. I called Exploria resort who manages Town Square and they seemed clueless.

dioxide45

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Lifetime Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grande Vista
Marriott Harbour Lake
Sheraton Vistana Villages
Club Wyndham CWA
I have a week at Gatlinburg Town Square that I would like to deposits into Destination Exchange. Is that even possible? Any information on how to do that would be greatly appreciated. I called Exploria resort who manages Town Square and they seemed clueless.
If it's managed by Exploria how is it affiliated with DEX? DEX affiliated resorts seem to be former DRI properties with a few exceptions. Does DRI own some units at this property? Even if they do, that doesn't mean your unit would be able to enroll or deposit.

alwysonvac

TUG Lifetime Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WORLDMARK, HGVC, VISTANA

SOLD (DVC, FSRC)

oceanblue2

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Eagle's Nest/Marco Beach, Fl
DRI
This is a list of the properties that are eligible for deposit. https://cmsprod.diamondresorts.com/sites/default/files/dex_select_resort_index_aug_26_2024.pdf
It appears that some of the units at Gatlinburg Town Square are eligible and some are not.

I went to the original Diamond website and under the member profile there is a deposit link for Club Select. There you will find information about depositing your unit if it is one of the eligible ones. We used to be able to deposit one of our units before Hilton decided otherwise. I always used this link as we weren't in Club Combinations. It does take a while for them to do the necessary checks and then you will receive an e-mail asking for payment. I assume there will still be a payment involved!

rpennisi

Reaction score
This is a list of the properties that are eligible for deposit. https://cmsprod.diamondresorts.com/sites/default/files/dex_select_resort_index_aug_26_2024.pdf
It appears that some of the units at Gatlinburg Town Square are eligible and some are not.

I went to the original Diamond website and under the member profile there is a deposit link for Club Select. There you will find information about depositing your unit if it is one of the eligible ones. We used to be able to deposit one of our units before Hilton decided otherwise. I always used this link as we weren't in Club Combinations. It does take a while for them to do the necessary checks and then you will receive an e-mail asking for payment. I assume there will still be a payment involved!
I have a week at Polo Villas in LV, and although the chart says it will not accept, I have deposited and used DEX to make trades this year. I do have to contact Polo HGV in LV to make the deposits, but that has been easy to do.

I guess that's what this posted at the top of the list means....
"∆ = Resorts that prefer to work with members directly resulting in a special deposit process. Members are required to contact their home resort directly to confirm depositing week and advise of alternate incoming arrival guests."

almost retired

TUG Member
Reaction score

Thank you very much for this, This is very helpful. I own in phase 1 and 2 and I believe phase 1 was part of Sunterra at one time. So maybe that is why they say phase 1. I will contact the email address on the list for further details

almost retired

TUG Member
Reaction score
If it's managed by Exploria how is it affiliated with DEX? DEX affiliated resorts seem to be former DRI properties with a few exceptions. Does DRI own some units at this property? Even if they do, that doesn't mean your unit would be able to enroll or deposit.
I dont know either but when I did a search, there was Town Square units in there to book with DEX... So how did they then get there? I believe Town Square Phase 1 was also owned by Sunterra at one time way back. When I log into my HGVC the phase 1 comes up under a contract, but nothing with my Phase 2

iftravel

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
DVC - Hilton Head
The Colonies at Williamsburg
I have a week at Polo Villas in LV, and although the chart says it will not accept, I have deposited and used DEX to make trades this year. I do have to contact Polo HGV in LV to make the deposits, but that has been easy to do.

I guess that's what this posted at the top of the list means....
"∆ = Resorts that prefer to work with members directly resulting in a special deposit process. Members are required to contact their home resort directly to confirm depositing week and advise of alternate incoming arrival guests."
Thanks for sharing. I just found many Vacation Village resorts are on the list including mine. Curious your experience of enrolling on DEX and how much does it cost?

rpennisi

Reaction score
Thanks for sharing. I just found many Vacation Village resorts are on the list including mine. Curious your experience of enrolling on DEX and how much does it cost?
Soon after Hilton bought Destination Resorts International (DRI) that LV Polo Towers was part of, we were told we have DEX free for 10 years, and deposits are good for 5 years.

It costs much less ($159 online/$169 by phone) to make a trade with DEX than with either II or RCI. Our LV one bedroom is rated a 5 (with 6 being the highest). You can still trade into a higher classification by paying for the difference.

For example, I traded for a Grand Luxxe two bedroom unit that was rated a 6, by paying an additional $225.

Another example, I traded my LV week for two weeks at the PV Buganvileas. A rated 5 week can get you two weeks in some trades.