• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

How do Biennial (developer) and Annual (resale) Contract Use Years Get combined?

Jmwolffparr

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Bonnet Creek
Hello,
I have owned 168,000 biennial points with an even year, Dec 31 use year end at Bonnet Creek that I bought directly through Wyndham. I recently purchased an annual resale contract on ebay, for 190,000 points with use year end of Sep 30. I was just notified that the title transfer has completed, and have the deed of conveyance. I see the contract in my account, but no points yet.

I am assuming it may take Wyndham a few days to post the points, but I am curious as to what to expect in terms of what points I will receive. The 2021 points on the resale were not used at the time of sale. Can anyone explain what/when I should expect to see? I tried searching, but didn't see the scenario where one was biennial and the other annual.
Thank you!

Ty1on

TUG Member
Reaction score
That's an interesting question. Since the points would normally be usable September 30, 2022, I'm not sure how they would move the use year to align them. They can't give them to you for Jan 1 2023 because then it wouldn't be EOYE. I'm guessing that if you call owner services and inquire about it, they may offer to put the points in either year you choose, since those points already appeared in the seller's account so it would be a manual process to move them to you.

ETA: If you contact owner services, that might also expedite getting the points moved into your account. Otherwise it could take weeks even after the contract appears in your account.

troy12n

Reaction score
I've been told that Wyndham now changes all contracts to January 1 when you buy a contract that doesn't match your existing use year. So you may not have access to the points until January 1. I would reach out to Wyndham and ask them.