• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

How critical is your deposit's "season" with I.I.? Trading power question.

philemer

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Lifetime Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Maui Schooner; Dikhololo, S.A.; Club Wyndham; Worldmark.
I let my II membership lapse> 15 yrs ago. Last year II renewed my membership for free for one year.

I have a week that I could deposit with them but am curious how critical trading power is with them. My week is at Park Regency in Park City, UT and I can reserve any week I want. The resort considers mid-Dec>March (approx.) as Prime weeks b/c of skiing. Would II also consider these prime/red weeks? If I deposit one of these weeks will I have ~max. trading power with II?

I would hate to renew my membership for ~3 years and not be able to see/reserve a prime season week (Jan>Mar) in Maui 1 or 2 yrs. Should I renew? Worth a gamble?

Last edited:

bnoble

TUG Member
Reaction score
Go to the resort's page in II, and click on the link Travel Demand Index. You want to pick a week with the highest value you can. In your case, it sounds like your resort's advice is close to spot-on.

TDI is only one component of trade power, so you may or may not have maximum trade power, but this will help you maximize what you have.

sponger76

TUG Member
Reaction score
I let my II membership lapse> 15 yrs ago. Last year II renewed my membership for free for one year.

I have a week that I could deposit with them but am curious how critical trading power is with them. My week is at Park Regency in Park City, UT and I can reserve any week I want. The resort considers mid-Dec>March (approx.) as Prime weeks b/c of skiing. Would II also consider these prime/red weeks? If I deposit one of these weeks will I have ~max. trading power with II?

I would hate to renew my membership for ~3 years and not be able to see/reserve a prime season week (Jan>Mar) in Maui 1 or 2 yrs. Should I renew? Worth a gamble?
Go to the resort's page in II and look at the TDI chart. It will show relative value of each week in II for the resort.

philemer

TUG Lifetime Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Thanks guys. I did look at the TDI for my resort but forgot to mention it in my post. And I do realize this is only one component to overall trading power. Wish I had a fancy Marriott week. :)

So, just guessing, if I deposit a high demand ski week should I be able to trade into a Maui resort in Jan>Mar time frame, looking a year or two in advance?

bnoble

TUG Member
Reaction score
Maybe? You probably won't know until you try. However, you do not have to deposit the week to see what it will give you; you can search against it before you deposit it. You do probably have to tell II what you have; I don't know how this works for floating weeks, because my II traders are all fixed.

sponger76

TUG Member
Reaction score
Thanks guys. I did look at the TDI for my resort but forgot to mention it in my post. And I do realize this is only one component to overall trading power. Wish I had a fancy Marriott week. :)

So, just guessing, if I deposit a high demand ski week should I be able to trade into a Maui resort in Jan>Mar time frame, looking a year or two in advance?
That's probably best answered by someone who owns the same resort as you and trades it in II. But you probably want to reserve your week and then deposit in II as far in advance as possible, so not something within the next few months, more like next (winter 2023-2024) ski season.

chellej

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
I have a peak summer week in colorado and right now I can see 8 resorts in Maui with it, (I would think your Park City would be similar) a few march weeks, lots of april, may weeks. Resorts like the sands of Kahana, Hono Koa, The gardens at west Maui, Maui Banyon., Maui Beach vacation club.

I have never seen a Marriott or Westin with it but I think you would have a good chance of the others. You could also always go with Trading Places, you can almost always snag a Maui Schooner with enough notice

philemer

TUG Lifetime Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
I have a peak summer week in colorado and right now I can see 8 resorts in Maui with it, (I would think your Park City would be similar) a few march weeks, lots of april, may weeks. Resorts like the sands of Kahana, Hono Koa, The gardens at west Maui, Maui Banyon., Maui Beach vacation club.

I have never seen a Marriott or Westin with it but I think you would have a good chance of the others. You could also always go with Trading Places, you can almost always snag a Maui Schooner with enough notice

Thanks. Good to hear. The prob. with TPI is they rarely have Jan>Mar weeks available online. I put in a request (ongoing search) and sometimes get lucky and sometimes NADA. I've been using TPI for >15 yrs and prime winter weeks in HI are getting tougher to find.

philemer

TUG Lifetime Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
That's probably best answered by someone who owns the same resort as you and trades it in II. But you probably want to reserve your week and then deposit in II as far in advance as possible, so not something within the next few months, more like next (winter 2023-2024) ski season.

Yes, my plan is to rez. wk, 51 or 52, for 2023, next month, and dep. it right away. With I.I. I'll then be able to rez a wk thru the end of 2025, right? A yr before and 2 yrs after?

sponger76

TUG Member
Reaction score
Yes, my plan is to rez. wk, 51 or 52, for 2023, next month, and dep. it right away. With I.I. I'll then be able to rez a wk thru the end of 2025, right? A yr before and 2 yrs after?
Sounds about right.

HudsHut

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
The top resorts in Maui are the 2 Marriotts, 3 Westins, and a Hyatt.
The Marriott owners have priority for the Marriott (they will see/match MM1 and MMO before owners of other systems)
The Westin/Sheraton owners have priority for the Westins.
No one has reported getting the Hyatt as an exchange.

If you aim for early January (first couple of weeks), then you might be able to get a Marriott or a Westin. The resort of the season is very high trade power, and you are less likely to match; however, you might catch a cancellation online.

rickandcindy23

TUG Review Crew: Elite
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham Founder; Disney OKW & SSR; Marriott's Willow Ridge,Shadow Ridge,Grand Chateau;Val Chatelle; Hono Koa OF (3); SBR(LOTS), SDO a few; Grand Palms; WKORV-OF (2),Westin Desert Willow.
@philemer Kahana Beach one bedrooms all have oceanfront views, just FYI. Rick won't let me book any of those for next year in August because we go to Maui in February-March. That's apparently overkill, going in September as well.

philemer

TUG Lifetime Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
The top resorts in Maui are the 2 Marriotts, 3 Westins, and a Hyatt.
The Marriott owners have priority for the Marriott (they will see/match MM1 and MMO before owners of other systems)
The Westin/Sheraton owners have priority for the Westins.
No one has reported getting the Hyatt as an exchange.

If you aim for early January (first couple of weeks), then you might be able to get a Marriott or a Westin. The resort of the season is very high trade power, and you are less likely to match; however, you might catch a cancellation online.

I don't have to have a top ranked property But thanks for the solid info. We typically travel in Jan/Feb. Might get lucky.

@philemer Kahana Beach one bedrooms all have oceanfront views, just FYI. Rick won't let me book any of those for next year in August because we go to Maui in February-March. That's apparently overkill, going in September as well.

Thanks for the KB info. I would be happy with that. We cannot tolerate Maui between June and Oct. Too hot and too humid. :)