• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

How are you managing 2021 Weeks?

nycjimster

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Aruba Surf Club, Marriott Ko Olina, Marriott Manor Club Sequel, Marriott Summit Watch
I am worried that COVID will impact the 2021 travel season. I have an Aruba Surf Club (winter) week and a Ko Olina week. I am seriously thinking about cutting my losses in 2021 by 1) renting Ko Olina to Marriott for less than maintenance, or 2) banking the points for the enrolled Aruba week to use in 2022. What are your thoughts?

Theiggy

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Aruba Surf Club
Marriott Frenchman’s Cove
A lot of people are in the same boat. I’m managing my weeks by using Interval. They are not enrolled. I’ve got way too many weeks to use now and I’m not sure what to do. I do have exchanges right now for 3 of the weeks. And one is deposited. Idk what I’ll do with my Frenchman’s Cove 3 bedroom, it probably won’t rent easily with the current situation and it’s such high maintenance fee to deposit to Interval. I guess I’m no help. I’m just hoping to get back to traveling next year!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

csodjd

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Hilton Hawaiian Village - Lagoon Tower
Marriott Maui Ocean Club
I went ahead and booked Maui for March. Maybe we'll have a vaccine by then. Or a treatment. Or we'll have all gotten it and have antibodies. Or we'll have just figured out how to live with it and go about our lives. Either way, I'm going to Maui in March.

SueDonJ

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Barony Beach and SurfWatch
I'm electing DC Points but will wait to see how things go with COVID before figuring out if they'll be used late next year or banked ahead. Don's retirement is the end of this month (woohoo!) and all of our plans for a big celebratory family trip have been trashed. We'll figure out something eventually but we're not in any hurry to compete with COVID.

jpc763

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott's - Ko Olina, Shadow Ridge Villages & Imperial Palms Villas
I will try to occupy my Shadow Ridge week for Thanksgiving 2021 and will probably elect DC points for my Imperial Palms week. I have over 4k restricted points that I have to use in 2021 from a Waikoloa Week that I had to cancel this year.

Hobee

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott’s Barony Beach, OceanWatch, SurfWatchx2 MountainSide, Aruba Ocean Club; MVC Trust Points
Our 5 weeks will all be enrolled, and we will have Chairman status prior to the 10/31 election date. Our plan is to elect points for all of them and take what trips we can in 2021 and/or take advantage of 2 year banking for Chairman.

Jwerking

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Barony Beach Club, Marriott Summit Watch, Port of Call (HHI), Mayan Palace
We have to make this decision too with our 3 enrolled weeks for 2021. I did go ahead and book reservations for Memorial Day and July 4 for the 2021 weeks, but have until Sept 30 to cancel those reservations and take Destination Points - which may be a better option for winter 2022 use in Hawaii instead of gambling on II trades for the same. But II trades are a better value esp considering you can upgrade for a fee. We confirmed a 1 Br at the Kauai Beach Club for Jan 2021 using a summer studio unit from Summit Watch. The number of DPs for Hawaii resorts are extremely high - so not a great value.

I did ask about Marriott rental of the Memorial Day weeks at the Barony Beach Club in Hilton Head and the offer was $1180 - which does not cover the maint fee of about $1400. Of course, I can always use the week myself or try renting it out if things are better next summer.

Glad others are planning to go to HI in the winter of 2021 - we have 9 confirmed exchanges thru II and RCI booked from Jan thru Mar. So if we can get there - we will likely go too unless things are totally out of control by year's end???

ljmiii

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Elected all 2021 weeks into DPs. Sooooo much more flexible. And for me bankable through the end of 2023. One day we'll get to travel again.

Fasttr

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott's Grande Ocean (Enrolled)
MVC Trust Points
Elected all 2021 weeks into DPs. Sooooo much more flexible. And for me bankable through the end of 2023. One day we'll get to travel again.
I’ll be doing that with my enrolled week as well. Flexibility is the key for the foreseeable future.

jmhpsu93

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
MVC Abound Points
MVC Grande Vista (x2)
MVC Cypress Harbour (x2)
MVC Harbour Lake (x2)
Golden Shores (Mexico)
We've deposited both of our 2021 Grande Vista into II, booked one Vistana week for spring break 2021, and TBD on our other Vistana week.

dms1709

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Hyatt Coconut Point (5), Marriott Legends Edge
I am booking mid 2021 and getting eplus.

bazzap

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
For 2021
We have elected our Playa Andaluza week for points
We don’t have our Grand Chateau week as that is EOY even year
We will book our St Kitts weeks and Marriott Special Request First with Interval (as points allocation doesn’t justify electing for points)
We have already booked some of our Club Son Antem weeks for use and will book the rest of them and our Phuket Beach Club weeks for use when released for later in 2021.

cwtkm3

TUG Member
Reaction score
For 2021
Already elected SurfWatch, Marbella Beach Resort and our 2BR Playa Andaluza for points - want to re-schedule cancelled August 1st 2020 trip to Myrtle Beach to see my dad to next summer.
Plan to use our 3BR unenrolled Playa Andaluza end Sept 2021

Have trip booked to Florida Ocean Pointe next Jan - unsure if cancelling
I'll be banking most of the points to 2022 - I hope if we still can't use the elected 2020 which are banked into 2021 that Marriott will extend the expiry again.

nycjimster

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Aruba Surf Club, Marriott Ko Olina, Marriott Manor Club Sequel, Marriott Summit Watch
Hangloose noted this point in the Are you changing your travel plans long-term because of COVID-19 thread: "DC Pts weather the storm better than Legacy Weeks." Interestingly, how valuable DC Points points are in the pandemic. I have an option to push out into the following year (so for my 2021 usage, I can use it in 2022). For my non-enrolled weeks, I have to think hard about how to manage.

normab

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Electing points mostly. We have a DC points trip with flights in March...let’s see what happens...It’s really a blessing to be retired and have flexibility with this mess...We still have two cruises set for next year, not sure if they’ll happen or not.

It’s also a blessing to be able to just head to Orlando where there is always availability, even though we don’t do parks typically.....