• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

How’s Re-Entry into US from Mexico since the Vaccine?

csalter2

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Ko Olina
Marriott Aruba Surf Club
Marriott Ocean Pointe
Diamond Resorts Gold
Hello,

I wanted to know if anyone has traveled to Mexico lately during the pandemic. I am going to Cabo San Lucas and staying at Cabo Azul. I just wanted to know if going in and out of Mexico is fine. I was also wondering if there were any complications leaving to comeback to the US. I’ll be going at the end of July. I will have had both vaccine shots by then.

Has anyone had any issues returning into the US?

Passepartout

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Anybody's guess about July, but as of now, you have to get a negative test within 72 hours of arrival into the US to avoid quarantine. Check with your resort, but most are arranging for testing onsite and prices are all over the scale. Ask.

geist1223

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Worldmark 97,000 Credits
DRI Cabo Azul 50,500
Royal Solaris San Jose del Cabo
We were in San Jose del Cabo for 3 weeks in February/March. At that time there was a Form you fill out and turn in upon entry. We filled it out online and they simply scanned our device. Our last week was at Cabo Azul. You need a negative test within 3 days of returning. They were doing the test at Cabo Azul. We got the results via text within 24 hours. We received a hard copy upon checkout.

The Government of BCS was very blunt with the local population. 90% to 95% of the area's Income is from Tourists. They had to follow the Protocols or the Tourists would stop coming. The locals wore masks every where. Going into most stores they checked your temperature and applied Hand Sanitizer. Some stores restricted entry to 1 family member.

Cabo Azul was at only about 50% of capacity.

MommaBear

TUG Member
Reaction score
You still have to have a Covid test before coming back to the states, who knows what will happen by July. The Covid testers gave us a paper copy of our results as well as sent to our phones. My husband and I did discuss if one of us was positive and the other negative, the negative one would go home so we didn't run the risk of the other one turning positive. Luckily, both negative

cubigbird

Tug Review Crew Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Westin Lagunamar, Westin Kierland X2, Westin St John-Sunset Bay X2, Westin Desert Willow, Westin Aventuras
Hello,

I wanted to know if anyone has traveled to Mexico lately during the pandemic. I am going to Cabo San Lucas and staying at Cabo Azul. I just wanted to know if going in and out of Mexico is fine. I was also wondering if there were any complications leaving to comeback to the US. I’ll be going at the end of July. I will have had both vaccine shots by then.

Has anyone had any issues returning into the US?

According to the CDC it is possible the vaccine might cause you to test antibody positive depending on which vaccine and test you get. We are also going to Mexico this summer and are holding off on vaccines until return. I’d hate to get a false positive caused by the vaccine.

geist1223

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Worldmark 97,000 Credits
DRI Cabo Azul 50,500
Royal Solaris San Jose del Cabo
We had Our First Moderna Jab a week before we left for Cabo. No problems. We got our 2nd JAB the day after we got baxk.

Cnatman

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Royal Sands (31/32)
According to the CDC it is possible the vaccine might cause you to test antibody positive depending on which vaccine and test you get. We are also going to Mexico this summer and are holding off on vaccines until return. I’d hate to get a false positive caused by the vaccine.
Yes, because it makes much more sense to go to Mexico and get a true positive while putting others at risk also.

Mcjohan

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WKORVN/OF, WLR

You don’t need an antibody test (blood test) to return to the US. You do need a negative Viral test (nose or mouth swab), which tests for current infection.

Copied from the CDC website, myths & facts section:

After getting a COVID-19 vaccine, will I test positive for COVID-19 on a viral test?

No. Neither the recently authorized and recommended vaccines nor the other COVID-19 vaccines currently in clinical trials in the United States can cause you to test positive on viral tests, which are used to see if you have a current infection.

kagnew64

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Returned from Puerto Vallarta on March 30th. Had the Moderna vacc. series before we departed for PV. Club Regina arranged for COVID nasal test 24 hours before our return to U.S. My wife and I both tested negative. Resort issued us both a hard copy and e-mailed us a copy of official report. I was very impressed with the pro-active stance of Jalisco, Puerto Vallarta, the resorts, and restuarants. A very enjoyable two weeks.

zentraveler

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Four Seasons Residence Club
Has anyone used this test: "Abbott BinaxNow self test kit (only) from emed.com. Take however many you need with you. $30 a pop, results in 15 minutes". Heard about this from someone who has used it to get back into the US. It is rapid test (antigen) which, according to the guidelines, https://www.cdc.gov/quarantine/fr-pr...tive-test.html is allowed.

It also seems that the hotels will have someone come to the hotel. What have those been costing for anyone who has done it that way?

x3 skier

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Steamboat Grand, The West,
Raintree and, formerly, The Allen House
Returned from Puerto Vallarta on March 30th. Had the Moderna vacc. series before we departed for PV. Club Regina arranged for COVID nasal test 24 hours before our return to U.S. My wife and I both tested negative. Resort issued us both a hard copy and e-mailed us a copy of official report. I was very impressed with the pro-active stance of Jalisco, Puerto Vallarta, the resorts, and restuarants. A very enjoyable two weeks.

Thanks, I’ll be at Club Regina in two weeks.

Cheers

Troyrissa

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Westin Lagunamar
Just returned from Cabo. Tested 3 days before return flight at the resort and got an email late that night with the results. My birthdate was wrong so I emailed the hospital and they sent a corrected certificate within minutes. My friend initially didn’t get her results emailed so we had to have the hotel track them down with the hospital.

At the airport, the instructions were not communicated that clearly. If you are on southwest, make sure you complete the airline attestation form online before you get to the airport, otherwise the southwest agents will require you to fill it out on their ipads that they’re walking around with. It has to be done online. We had a paper form but they required it to be submitted online. Also, you have to fill out another Mexican health form before proceeding to the security checkpoint. They have the paper forms on tables for you to fill out if you haven’t done it online. Also, when we checked our bags that is when the southwest agent asked us for our covid test results. I took a screenshot of my emailed results and showed that to the agent. It was a little hectic but they have people directing you on everything you need. Get there early.