• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Hoping for London Or Paris exchange spring summer 2023

dr.debs

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Hi all- I just put in a request first through II with SDO 1bedrooms lock off and master hoping to take the daughter on a graduation from HS trip next year. I would love input/ advice on trading into these areas. I noticed that II would only let me request one property in the Paris region. Is that due to a property type I am exchanging or are the remainders reserved for getaway bookings? Thanks for your help. Love Tuggers!

bizaro86

TUG Member
Reaction score
I think you have a decent chance of getting the Marriott outside Paris (near Eurodisney). I think it's very unlikely you will get anything in London.

ScoopKona

Reaction score
Monkey King Coffee - Captain Cook, Hawaii
Both London and Paris are extremely difficult asks.

I have scored a Getaway in Paris that was an excellent value. But it was Paris for Christmas -- not high summer season.

As long as you're reasonably fit, any place near a Metro station is fine. Doesn't matter which arrondissement you pick. Last time I was there, I was all the way out in the 19th. No big deal. It was GREAT staying far away from the tourist crush. And then taking the Metro to whatever we wanted to see that day.

The shopkeepers around the 19th were particularly friendly, especially considering how badly I mangle the French language.

If staying near "the sights" is a big deal (and I don't think it should be), I'd go with something in the 7th (spendy), 8th (more spendy) or 15th (much less spendy).

I'm easy in Paris -- just point me in the direction of Les Halles, the Bouillon Chartier restaurant or Rue Cler. And then get me to Epernay because I much prefer time in wine country.

As for London, I spend a day or two there and then get out -- anyplace easier on my wallet. Don't get me wrong, London is one of the great cities. But you cannot possibly see it all in one trip, or twenty. Just assume you're going to return, pick a few things to see, and go find a smaller city (I like Salisbury and Glastonbury).

alwysonvac

TUG Lifetime Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WORLDMARK, HGVC, VISTANA

SOLD (DVC, FSRC)
Hi all- I just put in a request first through II with SDO 1bedrooms lock off and master hoping to take the daughter on a graduation from HS trip next year. I would love input/ advice on trading into these areas. I noticed that II would only let me request one property in the Paris region. Is that due to a property type I am exchanging or are the remainders reserved for getaway bookings? Thanks for your help. Love Tuggers!

Each of the London resorts in the II Directory (link) have the same note at the bottom (see RED Font below).
I didn’t take a look at Paris but you can check the TUG Sightings Forum to get a generally idea of past sightings over the years.

NOTE: The accommodations listed under this resort code are available for purchase through the Getaway program and generally will not be available for exchange.

For London https://www.intervalworld.com/web/cs?a=1502&areaCode=88&areaName=England,+London

F53B78C0-5128-4294-8BEA-51A784557C9B.jpeg

FD5E0FE1-C252-4EA3-A241-E4BE63C9E56B.jpeg

elaine

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC Eagles Nest, DVC-AKV, HHI
Marriott Ile de France trades via II. It can be tough for summer, but you’ve got M preference. We have stayed 2x and loved it. It’s by Disney Paris, and you can train into Paris and take some great (under 2 hr) day trips. It’s not a great base for Paris every day, but fine for 2 days into Paris on the train. We have never gotten a trade for London. Residence inn Kensington is very reasonable and nice.

skimeup

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Inn at the Opera, Grand;view for RCI points - 196000 , Hyatt Carmel, Hyatt Sedona
Check into London through SFX. They often have a lovely place at Sloane Gardens.

DRIless

Reaction score
Check into London through SFX. They often have a lovely place at Sloane Gardens.
It was wonderful when you could get Sloane Gardens through SFX, but I think that it's no longer available through SFX or anywhere else as a timeshare exchange. I thought that it was dissolved as a timeshare?

mav

TUG Member
Reaction score
Sadly, Sloane Gardens is no longer a timeshare. The 30 years was up in Dec 0f 2019. We spent many a lovely trip to London staying at this lovely resort. The building was sold and the place is being turned into luxury condos

geist1223

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Worldmark 97,000 Credits
DRI Cabo Azul 50,500
Royal Solaris San Jose del Cabo
We have stayed at the Royal Regency in Vincennes. It is about a 10 minute walk to the Underground's final stop. It was a great location. It is a DRI resort. I would go out early and get our bread for the day.

Carolinian

TUG Member
Reaction score
Sadly, Sloane Gardens is no longer a timeshare. The 30 years was up in Dec 0f 2019. We spent many a lovely trip to London staying at this lovely resort. The building was sold and the place is being turned into luxury condos

I did one trade there through SFX and got offered it on two other occasions. Great resort and great location in London. It started as an RCI resort, but after RCI went to points, they ditched RCI and traded only through SFX. The resort manager told me that after RCI went to points, almost all RCI inbounds became renters instead of exchangers and did not take care of the property like exchangers did.

skimeup

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Inn at the Opera, Grand;view for RCI points - 196000 , Hyatt Carmel, Hyatt Sedona
Oh no! It was a wonderful place to stay!

skimeup

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
We have stayed at the Royal Regency in Vincennes. It is about a 10 minute walk to the Underground's final stop. It was a great location. It is a DRI resort. I would go out early and get our bread for the day.
I've wondered about that. When I go to Paris I like to go to concerts at night and I wondered what it would be like to walk home from the underground at 12:00pm

geist1223

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Worldmark 97,000 Credits
DRI Cabo Azul 50,500
There are two different Routes. One through the Woods (probably avoid in the middle of the night) and one on the City Streets.

Carolinian

TUG Member
Reaction score
If you really want to timeshare in European cities, the world's oldest timeshare company, Hapimag has the resorts. They invented points and did it in a way more honest than RCI. You have to buy in to Hapimag to use their system, and it is not cheap for resales, because the company has a buy back policy that prevents cheap resales. They do offer some rentals, though. They have never traded through RCI or II, but they briefly did give some inventory to DAE, although even then only to a limited number of therir resorts. Swiss-based Hapimag also has lots of rural timeshare options, and they have a few resorts outside of Europe. On one of my trips to Budapest, I ran across a Hapimag resort bang on Castle Hill, and asked to look around. It seemed like a very nice resort. In Hapimag, what you buy is shares of stock in the company and that entitles the owner to a certain number of vacation points. Among the European cities they offer are London and Paris, but also Vienna, Salzburg, Prague,, Lisbon, Budapest, Athens, Edinburgh, Berlin, Munich, and Hamburg

https://www.hapimag.com/en/

geist1223

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Worldmark 97,000 Credits
DRI Cabo Azul 50,500
How does a person look at a list of their locations? What is the average price per share? What are the yearly Fees per share? How many Vacation Points per share?

mpizza

TUG Member
Reaction score
How does a person look at a list of their locations? What is the average price per share? What are the yearly Fees per share? How many Vacation Points per share?

I would explore the website Hapimag.com for a complete list of resorts. I have always been pleased with the location, condition of the units and especially the on-site staff.

I own one share and receive 60 points per year with a five-year use period. Annual fees are approximately 350 CHF. The business model is that owners pay local charges directly to the resort booked. The charges vary per location, size of unit, time of year, etc.

Feel free to PM me if you’d like more specific information.

ScoopKona

Reaction score
I own one share and receive 60 points per year with a five-year use period. Annual fees are approximately 350 CHF. The business model is that owners pay local charges directly to the resort booked. The charges vary per location, size of unit, time of year, etc.

I looked into this seriously years back. There's nothing I don't like about the system. It's basically what a timeshare company would be like if it were run like mutual insurance.

The only reason I didn't pull the trigger is that we've had good luck with Interval in Europe. Naturally, they don't have NEARLY as much in the Germanophone countries. But I can live with that.

Anyone who visits Europe regularly should look into it.

dr.debs

TUG Member
Reaction score
Thank you all for the replies and thoughts. Still no hits on my requests in II.

ScoopKona

Reaction score
Thank you all for the replies and thoughts. Still no hits on my requests in II.

I believe I said it way upthread -- London and Paris are hard asks. Since this is a graduation trip, I assume you're stuck with a summer trip -- which is the hardest of hard asks.

Just for fun, I looked at exchanges (nothing) and getaways. There was a week in Canterbury at what I consider a very good price. That resort is too far from a train station to appeal to me. But if the goal is "bring your daughter to England," that fills the bill.

Also found a bunch of stuff in Ireland.

If this was my project, I would search for the entirety of Europe -- and then see if anything appeals to your daughter. Maybe she'd be just as happy with a week in Tuscany or Spain.

Narrowing the search down to three months, less than a year out, in two of the hardest cities to grab is going to be tough.

sponger76

TUG Member
Reaction score
I own in Hapimag and would be happy to answer any questions you may have.
I noticed on their website you can actually try their resorts out up to 3 times by paying cash. But when I tried to register (selecting US as my country) it kept giving me an error saying there was a problem with my postal code. I tried both the 5 and 9 digit versions, same thing. Did you have similar issues getting registered as an owner?

DRIless

Reaction score
I noticed on their website you can actually try their resorts out up to 3 times by paying cash. But when I tried to register (selecting US as my country) it kept giving me an error saying there was a problem with my postal code. I tried both the 5 and 9 digit versions, same thing. Did you have similar issues getting registered as an owner?
Probably looking for a UK Postal Code and not a US Zip Code

mpizza

TUG Member
Reaction score

I did not experience any issues registering and have been booking on-line successfully.

The corporate staff is very responsive, e-mail works best due to time difference.

Info@hapimag.com

LMK if you’d like any additional assistance.

dr.debs

TUG Member
Reaction score