• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Honeymoon at Harbor Ridge in Maine

rwpeterson

Tug Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Last December I got an exchange to Harbor Ridge for my nephew's honeymoon in May. Harbor Ridge is now closed until July 4th and there's no availability this summer. Acadia Village has some availability but it doesn't look as nice in the photos. My nephew and his bride aren't very picky and haven't traveled much. For those who've traveled to Acadia Village, would you suggest a delayed honeymoon there?

TIA

tonyg

TUG Lifetime Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Acadia Village Resort
Not as nice in location and grounds (except perhaps the Manor House units), but certainly a good alternative. AVR is in the city of Ellsworth which has more stores than Southwest Harbor and the distance to the National Park is about the same. We stayed at Harbor Ridge many times, but after finding and staying at AVR, we bought there and haven't been back to Harbor Ridge in over 10 years.

Panina

TUG Review Crew: Elite
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Hgvc Anderson, Blue Ride Village Resort
Last December I got an exchange to Harbor Ridge for my nephew's honeymoon in May. Harbor Ridge is now closed until July 4th and there's no availability this summer. Acadia Village has some availability but it doesn't look as nice in the photos. My nephew and his bride aren't very picky and haven't traveled much. For those who've traveled to Acadia Village, would you suggest a delayed honeymoon there?

TIA
When would they like to travel?

I have a week at and would be happy to gift it to them.
InnSeason Resorts - The Falls @ Ogunquit
Fri, May 22, 2020
Fri, May 29, 2020

I would be happy to put a gift certificate in their name so they could go. It is a one bedroom. I have never been there but it seems nice enough. I don‘t know what is open in the area but it is close to the water and in a good location.

The other thing you need to look at, for any resort, is the resort open. Right now this is what the resort is saying, so they are suppose to be open at this time but it can change.
1588270872597.jpeg

missyrcrews

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Cold Spring Resort, Acadia Village Resort, Samoset Resort
The other piece to keep in mind is this: Maine's governor is asking all people "from away" to quarantine for 14 days if they are vacationing here. We are pretty much looking at this summer being a bust from a tourism standpoint. Beaches are likely to still be closed. For sure it's not a "don't come here," but just know that it's not going to be the typical summer in vacationland. :/

mdurette

Sighting Expert & TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
That is very nice of you Panini.

Missy that is a good point, they maybe able to get here, but if they follow the advisories they may not be even be able to leave their room.

Laurie

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Assuming you're still considering: we stayed at Acadia Village last July, and it was perfectly adequate for us folks wanting an outdoors vacation at beautiful Acadia NP - we never hung around the resort. Lots of space in the park to theoretically "socially distance" too. We're not too picky either and were glad to have the exchange.

Ogunquit is also a very picturesque location and perhaps more "romantic" but smaller, really just one walking major trail as I recall.

But are restaurants open?? Half the attraction of a Maine vacation (to us anyway) is a daily lobster meal, maybe some are open with outdoor seating and/or take-out? Oh, and popovers at Acadia.

rwpeterson

Tug Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
When would they like to travel?

I have a week at and would be happy to gift it to them.
InnSeason Resorts - The Falls @ Ogunquit
Fri, May 22, 2020
Fri, May 29, 2020

I would be happy to put a gift certificate in their name so they could go. It is a one bedroom. I have never been there but it seems nice enough. I don‘t know what is open in the area but it is close to the water and in a good location.

The other thing you need to look at, for any resort, is the resort open. Right now this is what the resort is saying, so they are suppose to be open at this time but it can change.
View attachment 19892
Thank you so much for your offer! How kind. Unfortunately, it sounds like most of the things they'd like to see and do won't be open until after July 4th so they'd rather wait.

Panina

TUG Review Crew: Elite
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Hgvc Anderson, Blue Ride Village Resort
Thank you so much for your offer! How kind. Unfortunately, it sounds like most of the things they'd like to see and do won't be open until after July 4th so they'd rather wait.
Just now got a call from them they will be closed when my reservation was. Need to call II.

tonyg

TUG Lifetime Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Acadia Village Resort
Assuming you're still considering: we stayed at Acadia Village last July, and it was perfectly adequate for us folks wanting an outdoors vacation at beautiful Acadia NP - we never hung around the resort. Lots of space in the park to theoretically "socially distance" too. We're not too picky either and were glad to have the exchange.

Ogunquit is also a very picturesque location and perhaps more "romantic" but smaller, really just one walking major trail as I recall.

But are restaurants open?? Half the attraction of a Maine vacation (to us anyway) is a daily lobster meal, maybe some are open with outdoor seating and/or take-out? Oh, and popovers at Acadia.

Restaurants are currently closed in the Park area, but take out is available. Popovers at the Jordan Pond House are nothing compared to what they were before the management change several years ago. Service there was also terrible. Had popovers last year at Asticou restaurant and they were pretty good. I heard that theres a small place in SW harbor that has good ones - haven't tried them yet. Lobsters could also be bought live and cooked at the resort (AVR has a lobster pot in every unit). Lobster is a simple thing to cook.

Laurie

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Restaurants are currently closed in the Park area, but take out is available. Popovers at the Jordan Pond House are nothing compared to what they were before the management change several years ago. Service there was also terrible. Had popovers last year at Asticou restaurant and they were pretty good. I heard that theres a small place in SW harbor that has good ones - haven't tried them yet. Lobsters could also be bought live and cooked at the resort (AVR has a lobster pot in every unit). Lobster is a simple thing to cook.
Sorry we missed the popovers of years past if they were even better, but we still loved them at both Jordan Pond and Asticou last year. What Jordan Pond had that Asticou didn't: popover ice cream sundaes. You can cook at the resort, but half our enjoyment was sitting outdoors for meals with views. Maybe Maine restaurants will open for outdoor dining soon, they just did in Hilton Head this week, where diners are now served takeout-style at socially-distant-spaced tables.

Popover ice cream sundaes: we repeated that recently for a birthday here at home. So good. :)