• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Home Resort Reservation

rboesl

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Divi Village Beach & Golf Resort
Vidanta Grand Mayan
Villa del Arco Cobo
Grandview Las Vegas
Vacation Village at Bonaventure
Is there specific timing for making the Home Resort reservation?

I went to make my 2023 home resort reservation for Grandview today. It is supposed to be free. But the confirmation page showed a $149 point extension fee. I've got plenty of points to cover reservation.

twise625

TUG Member
Reaction score
I suspect that the reservation you are trying to make is in the next points "use year" for RCI, so their system is trying to get you to extend your current use year points (for a $149 fee) to use to cover the reservation. If you look to the left of the payment box, you should see a button that says "see other options" If you click on that RCI will give you the option to use the next use year points to cover the reservation, but if you choose that option, you need to zero out the "Extend Points" field . Depending on the number of points you have expiring, and when they expire, you may want to pay to extend the whole batch at once which would cost $149 at max I believe. I have been putting off extending my points trying to get something scheduled, but mine expire at the end of this month so it looks like I will be paying the $149 after all to extend.

1667480280507.jpeg

tschwa2

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
A few in S and VA, a single resort in NC, MD, PA, and UT, plus Jamaica and the Bahamas
Is there specific timing for making the Home Resort reservation?

I went to make my 2023 home resort reservation for Grandview today. It is supposed to be free. But the confirmation page showed a $149 point extension fee. I've got plenty of points to cover reservation.
You have to go through the home reservation box (top right on the exchange page) Most resorts have home week priority at prior to 12 months- no exchange fee and home resort priority at 11-12 months ($50 exchange fee). Massanutten allows home week reservations less than months in advance (if the week is still available going through the home reservation box)

rboesl

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Divi Village Beach & Golf Resort
Vidanta Grand Mayan
Villa del Arco Cobo
Grandview Las Vegas
Vacation Village at Bonaventure
@twise and @tschwa2 actually you're both right. I was trying to do my home week reservation because I wanted to use Grandview's rental agreement. I didn't see what @twise625 mentioned because I was using my Chromebook that has a smaller screen. That portion of the page in his post was off screen.

Most home week reservations have priority at month 12. My home week priority for Grandview and VV@Bonaventure starts at month 13. My guess is because I'm at the premiere level in RCI.

Any way, I was able to make the home week reservation at no cost. It showed a $149 cost because I have 40,000 points that are going to expire soon. Once I used the other options I was able to eliminate use of those points so the cost dropped to zero. The only thing I didn't like about the process was that I had to do 2 separate reservations. One for each bedroom of the 2 bedroom unit that I own.