• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Home from Utah, IDAHO and Wyoming

Kay H

TUG Member
Reaction score
Had a great trip and unbeliveable warm weather. The highlight of Salt Lake City was seeing a performance by the Mormon Tabernacle Choir who were accompanied by a group (forget name) who played the bells, which was the icing on the cake. The performance was taped and played on local TV 2 nights later. I cried thru most of the music. It was awesome and I was awestruck. Had to sit on my hands to prevent me from clapping after each song:)

Visited Craters of the Moon, took a raft float down a portion of the Snake River (not white water) but wonderful scenery, went to Bear something that had lots of bears roaming about. Rode in a high truck where we were given bread and donuts to feed the bears. They come to the road when they see the trucks coming and sit on their hind legs and catch the goodies in their mouth. Also enjoyed seeing the cubs romp and play with each other.

The Tetons are tremendous and Yellowstone (what little we saw) was beyond words. Would have loved at least 1 more day in Yellowstone. Old faithful put on its full diplay with a very high gheyser(sp?) spray.

No offense to the Idahoans but we could have skipped the Idaho potato museum (poor choice of a word) in my opinion.

Also saw the Egyptian museum in Idaho Falls which was good. A good time was had by all.

Egret1986

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
It's an awesome experience to get out to those parts of the country...

...from the East Coast, isn't it? We've been on a couple of trips to these areas. It's like a whole nother world out there. Congratulations on having an awesome trip!:)

T_R_Oglodyte

TUG Lifetime Member
Reaction score
No offense to the Idahoans but we could have skipped the Idaho potato museum (poor choice of a word) in my opinion.

If you are referring to the one in Blackfoot, I can say that you are the first person I have ever encountered who has actually visited the museum. I do quite a bit of work in Blackfoot.

EZ-ED

TUG Member
Reaction score
I decided that this may be construed as a political comment and decided to delete it before a mod could.

Last edited:

Kay H

TUG Member
Reaction score
If you are referring to the one in Blackfoot, I can say that you are the first person I have ever encountered who has actually visited the museum. I do quite a bit of work in Blackfoot.

That's the one. I can understand why.:zzz:

Passepartout

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Spud Museum

Even those of us who live here stay far far away from THAT one!

Kay H, glad you had an enjoyable trip out here. We try to keep it a secret, but somehow the word gets out.
Ed, I'm with you. Good quick catch though! :)

Jim Ricks

Kay H

TUG Member
Reaction score
Passepartout,

Is Twin Falls a close neighbor to Idaho Falls? Maybe we were neighbors for a few hours.:D I truly enjoyed my trip. Never knew that Idaho had so much to offer. Having NO mountains in South Jersey makes me love the mountains.

T_R_Oglodyte

TUG Lifetime Member
Reaction score
Passepartout,

Is Twin Falls a close neighbor to Idaho Falls? Maybe we were neighbors for a few hours.:D I truly enjoyed my trip. Never knew that Idaho had so much to offer. Having NO mountains in South Jersey makes me love the mountains.

Twin is about two hours from IDF.

I think the Snake River Plain is generally uninteresting terrain, though it is close to many mountains. IDF is actually a great place to live if you are an avid skier, as one can easily get to Sun Valley, Jackson, Big Sky, and many Utah ski resorts pretty easily from IDF.

The weather isn't that attractive, however.

falmouth3

TUG Member
Reaction score
Kay, did you do this trip on your own or was it a tour? My in-laws just got back from a similar sounding tour, but they didn't do a raft trip or visit Craters of the Moom. That's a really cool place that almost no one has ever heard of.

Sue

T_R_Oglodyte

TUG Lifetime Member
Reaction score
... or visit Craters of the Moom. That's a really cool place that almost no one has ever heard of.

Sue

First time we landed at Kona I told my wife that it almost felt as if someone had built an airport at Creaters of the Moon.

On a clear day flying between Boise and IDF it's neat to look down and see the lava fields spreading across the valley. If your view is unobstructed, you can trace a flows all the way back to it's source, usually a small cinder cone somewhere on the north edge of the plain. Then as the flow travels it spreads out, overruns other flows, and if large enough, reaches the river bed. Sometimes you can see where the lava has forced the river to change course.

Kay H

TUG Member
Reaction score
Kay, did you do this trip on your own or was it a tour? My in-laws just got back from a similar sounding tour, but they didn't do a raft trip or visit Craters of the Moom. That's a really cool place that almost no one has ever heard of.

Sue

This was a tour thru Collette Tours in Rhode Island. Sine we are east coast, we use them. Flew from Philly to SLC and on up to Yellowstone. Great great trip.

I had never heard of Craters of the Moon either.

Elli

TUG Member
Reaction score
This was a tour thru Collette Tours in Rhode Island. Sine we are east coast, we use them. Flew from Philly to SLC and on up to Yellowstone. Great great trip.

I had never heard of Craters of the Moon either.
Kay, I've heard that Collette Tours is a very good tour operator and, as you said, you were very pleased with the tour.

talkamotta

TUG Member
Reaction score
Dont knock the Potato Museum. It gave Cody lots of material to work with when we drove from Salt Lake to Canada. He threatened me both ways that we were going to stop there.

He said. "Ok, what are they going to have the smallest potato, the largest potato, the newest potato and a smugged spot for the oldest potato. A potato that looks like G. Bush", on and on for the whole 2 weeks.

By the time we hit the Idaho/Utah border on the way back, I was ready to give him a potato right in the mouth.

Even when we got back and had a barbeque he got my kids involved in it. Now my curiosity is peaked.

Kay H

TUG Member
Reaction score
The only thing interesting I found in the Potato Museum was a letter from the Gov of Idaho to Dan Quale after his famous spelling bee feaux pas. The letter basically said that the Gov was happy that Dan continued to eat potatos as long as they were Idaho potaotes. PS..Idaho does not end in "e" either. It was not in a very prominate place and I'm sure not everyone saw it but it cracked me up.:D :D :D

Passepartout

TUG Member
Reaction score
More Potato Museum...

Maybe an extensive article in Timesharing Today or Conde Nast Traveler, or maybe National Geographic would put the Potato Museum and greater Blackfoot on the map!

That might be better than to have people say... "Twin Falls? Isn't that where Evel Kneivel tried to jump a rocket powered motorcycle over the canyon?" Well, yup. It happened here.

Kay H, glad you enjoyed your trip out here. Compared to the Eastern USA, there's a lot out here, if it just wasn't so far apart.

Jim Ricks

T_R_Oglodyte

TUG Lifetime Member
Reaction score
.. greater Blackfoot ...

I enjoy Blackfoot. I visit Blackfoot often. I have good friends in Blackfoot.

But "greater Blackfoot"???? That's an oxymoron on par with "Army intelligence".

DaveNV

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Free Agent
RE: The Potato Museum stuff: Correct me if I'm wrong, but isn't it true that the tiniest potato in the world would be considered a "spectator?" (Say it really slow...)

LOL! :hysterical:

With apologies,
Dave ;)

T_R_Oglodyte

TUG Lifetime Member
Reaction score
RE: The Potato Museum stuff: Correct me if I'm wrong, but isn't it true that the tiniest potato in the world would be considered a "spectator?" (Say it really slow...)

LOL! :hysterical:

With apologies,
Dave ;)

And juvenile potatoes are Tater Tots.

Of course, if a potato ruled the world we would be living under a dictator.

Passepartout

TUG Member
Reaction score
Of course, if a potato ruled the world we would be living under a dictator.

Unless he was sort of ordinary in which case he'd be a common tater Or a comment tater if he talks too much.

Jim Ricks

Evie

TUG Member
Reaction score
I have not had a very good day today. But: while reading this thread I started laughing and and I feel lots better! :rofl: :rofl:

Health wise we are not traveling right now but love to read about the trips others are enjoying. I am making a list of places to see.

Kay so glad you enjoyed the trip and so glad you reported on it for now I feel better.

Evie