• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Holiday Travel Plans

TravelTime

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
All Resale: MVC DPs, Marriott Ko Olina, Marriott Marbella, WKOVR-N, Four Seasons Aviara
Given the new guidelines to not travel during Thanksgiving (and probably Christmas), are folks planning to travel anyway? If so, where are you going and will you drive or fly?

slip

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Pono Kai, 20 wks; Maui Schooner, 1.5 wks; 1 week Ke Nani Kai; WaveCrest Condo, Molokai, HI
We are flying from Oahu to Molokai this Saturday and will stay for two weeks.

Luanne

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Maui Lea at Maui Hill
San Diego Country Estates
We generally don't travel over the holidays, preferring to be at home. The difference this year is that our older daughter, who comes to visit for either Thanksgiving or Christmas, won't be coming.

klpca

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
SDO, Quarter House, Seapointe, Coronado Beach, Carlsbad Inn, Worldmark
We are spending next week in Palm Desert but won't be doing Thanksgiving. We'll be working from "home" for half the week and staying socially distanced the rest of the time. I've already had my groceries delivered. My mom (in our pod) will join us for part of the week. We'll probably do a hike or two but otherwise no real plans.

DeniseM

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WKORV, WKV, 2-SDO, 4-Kauai Beach Villas, Island Park Village (Yellowstone), Hyatt High Sierra, Dolphin's Cove (Anaheim)
PUBLIC SERVICE MESSAGE: The second this thread turns political, it will be closed - focus on the topic of TRAVEL!

We are going to spend a couple of weeks at our home in Nevada (will drive) - but it will be just the 2 of us. We are in tight "stay at home mode," so a big Thanksgiving dinner is just not in the cards for us this year. I have to admit, I won't miss all the work of cooking a big dinner! ;)

Luanne

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Maui Lea at Maui Hill
San Diego Country Estates
PUBLIC SERVICE MESSAGE: The second this thread turns political, it will be closed - focus on the topic of TRAVEL!

We are going to spend a couple of weeks at our home in Nevada (will drive) - but it will be just the 2 of us. We are in tight "stay at home mode," so a big Thanksgiving dinner is just not in the cards for us this year. I have to admit, I won't miss all the work of cooking a big dinner! ;)
Even though it will just be the three of us will be still be doing the "big" Thanksgiving dinner. But we won't be cooking. :D We get it from Sprouts. Turkey, stuffing, mashed potatoes, gravy, vegetable and rolls. We get pies from a woman we know who makes the most wonderful ones. We've been doing Sprouts for several years. The food has been very good, and as you say, we don't miss all work of cooking a big dinner. We love the leftovers.

JanT

TUG Member
Reaction score
We are currently at KoOlina and were supposed to return home tonight. But, we were able to extend our stay 3 weeks, so, we’ll be here through 12 December.

I’m cooking Thanksgiving dinner here in our unit. Our grandson and his family will join us most likely. We could have gotten the dinner they are serving here at Longboards but we want to have leftovers. :p

And in true TUGGER fashion, @frank808 asked us to join his family which is just sweet. We declined but we’re so touched that he would offer. ❤️❤️

Whatever everyone does, I hope all will have a wonderful holiday. Know that you are loved and cared for by TUGGERS everywhere. Be safe!!

Glynda

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Bluegreen Points Lodge Alley Inn.
Brewster Green (two weeks).
We usually go to our daughter/SIL/and granddaughter’s home for Thanksgiving. Some of SIL’s friends come as well as his parents and two nieces. Everyone brings something. We repeat the experience Christmas dinner at SIL’s parent’s house. Not happening this year. The three of us will prepare a prime rib roast for T’giving dinner. We much prefer that to a turkey anyway and will probably do the turkey thing for Christmas.

SteelerGal

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WKV, SDO, HPP, Bay Club
We are staying home for Thanksgiving which is a norm however we are not having our 40+ Thanksgiving Dinner. Instead we planning to go to Scottsdale after Christmas. We love to just visit our TS and relax.

1Kflyerguy

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC Kings Land, Elara, and Marriott Destination Club Points
We usually have a big extended family get together for thanksgiving. We are all located in Northern California, so that was mostly just a day trip. That was canceled months ago... My wife and i have sometimes traveled between Christmas and New Years, since we are both off work. We don't have any travel planned, I suppose its possible we might try for a few nights away this year but I doubt it..

To be honest I have a long history of getting sick with cold, flu or phenomena over the Christmas break, so travel then has always been challenging.

CPNY

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Harborside Resort at Atlantis
SVV - Key West/Bella
WKV
Regal Vista at Massanutten
Heading to Aruba surf club Saturday. I was much more excited last month, I’m over warm beach weather since I’m in full holiday mode and would rather be home decorating. Woah is me..... going to Aruba. That is something to be thankful for.

jackio

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Sand Pebbles, Sheraton Broadway Plantation, Hawaiian Sun Holidays
I waited until just last week to cancel my 30+ annual Thanksgiving dinner. We will have my children and grandkids only, and no traveling for us in 2020.

VacationForever

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
We were originally booked to spend 15 nights in Palm Springs area, joining our close friends and their children and their families who are flying in or driving in. We bailed on the trip. Our friends are going ahead with their plans with 7 rooms booked. Thanksgiving dining will be outdoors at the Terrace at Desert Willow.

We are now planning to stay put but have invited another couple who are also close friends to our home for Thanksgiving. We play golf with them regularly and dine at each other's home periodically. There is a little risk with indoor dining but we are willing to accept it.

Monykalyn

TUG Member
Reaction score
Still planning on Orlando-leave tomorrow night in fact (flying) - long planned since the college campus my middle is attending will be closed after Thanksgiving break. Flying home on Dec 1 - originally we were going to drive home in her car-but airfare was soooo cheap we are leaving the car on campus over winter break. Will likely go out for Thanksgiving dinner somewhere. Meeting hubs oldest and her family for weekend after at Universal. Will do the (voluntary) 2 week quarantine when we get back and start getting swabbed again in hopes the nursing homes will not have more covid cases and I can get back in on the extremely limited basis already doing.

Sugarcubesea

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
QH, HBC, VBHC, & Pinestead Reef
We are staying home for Thanksgiving, normally all of the cousins get together and we all have dinner together...This year we are doing a zoom call and I will make a Turkey, green bean casserole, mashed potatoes, cornbread stuffing and pumpkin pie

TravelTime

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
All Resale: MVC DPs, Marriott Ko Olina, Marriott Marbella, WKOVR-N, Four Seasons Aviara
We will be home for Thanksgiving celebrating with our newly adopted daughter. I ordered Thanksgiving dinner from our country club but our daughter will only eat corn, sweet potatoes and apple pie. I will need to find a protein for her.

For Christmas, we were going to spend 2 weeks at Four Seasons Aviara but we might cut back to the week after Christmas so we can spend Christmas at home and Santa Claus can come down our chimney at home. I was worried Santa might get confused about where we are and deliver the wrong gifts if we are in San Diego.

Cornell

TUG Member
Reaction score
We will be home for Thanksgiving celebrating with our newly adopted daughter. I ordered Thanksgiving dinner from our country club but our daughter will only eat corn, sweet potatoes and apple pie. I will need to find a protein for her.

For Christmas, we were going to spend 2 weeks at Four Seasons Aviara but we might cut back to the week after Christmas so we can spend Christmas at home and Santa Claus can come down our chimney at home. I was worried Santa might get confused about where we are and deliver the wrong gifts if we are in San Diego.
So so happy for you . Enjoy this special time.

VacationForever

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score

I missed the post about your daughter. How old is she? I am very happy for you because I remember that you have wanted to adopt for quite a long time.

TravelTime

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
I missed the post about your daughter. How old is she? I am very happy for you because I remember that you have wanted to adopt for quite a long time.

She is 8 turning 9 in January. She is a wonderful girl and we are enjoying our time with her. We got custody on Oct 25th. We have never had kids before and she is supposed to be a challenging child but we are finding her to be a joy.

Sugarcubesea

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned

This is going to be an awesome thanksgiving and holiday season. Enjoy every minute they grow up so quickly

Sugarcubesea

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
She is 8 turning 9 in January. She is a wonderful girl and we are enjoying our time with her. We got custody on Oct 25th. We have never had kids before and she is supposed to be a challenging child but we are finding her to be a joy.
My youngest is a girl and my mum always told me she was my challenge. She is the sweetest and most thoughtful of my 3 kids.

She has Type 1 Diabetes, anxiety, depression, and has ADHD. I appreciate that with all her struggles she is always concerned about everyone else.

klpca

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
SDO, Quarter House, Seapointe, Coronado Beach, Carlsbad Inn, Worldmark
My youngest is a girl and my mum always told me she was my challenge. She is the sweetest and most thoughtful of my 3 kids.

She has Type 1 Diabetes, anxiety, depression, and has ADHD. I appreciate that with all her struggles she is always concerned about everyone else.
Three girls here but my middle one was the interesting one. Mostly she was just born thinking that she should be first - first in the car, first serving of dessert etc. It took years of gentle pressure to correct that. It drove my mom nuts - she was more along the lines of "spare the rod" but I would tell her "mom, she's like a cake that is not done baking". Fast forward 30 years and she is thoughtful and delightful, and very successful in her career. Not everyone develops at the same pace. There needs to be latitude when raising kids.

Last edited:

WinniWoman

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Innseason Pollard Brook

Truly something to be thankful for! Enjoy every minute!