• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Holiday Inn Club Vacations Cape Canaveral - November Rental - Question

skatie

Reaction score
I've just spent 3 hours on hold trying to see if I could get our Nov 7-14 week moved out to Feb 2022, but since I'm an odd year owner they say No Go and basically I'm on my own to rent out or lose the week. I am Canadian and the borders are still closed to us - we could fly in, but there are costly testing requirements, if I test positive before we come back, I'd have to find and pay for a place to quarantine for 14 days and getting travel insurance is very hard as the Canadian Government has an Advisory not to travel outside of Canada. We have a 2 BR Lockout that sleeps 8-10 and I'm just looking to recoup our maintenance fees. Is RCI my best option to try to rent (I'd have to join and pay fees I assume)? Any other easy ways to offer this up for rent? Thanks, Jo

Last edited:

DeniseM

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WKORV, WKV, 2-SDO, 4-Kauai Beach Villas, Island Park Village (Yellowstone), Hyatt High Sierra, Dolphin's Cove (Anaheim)
*I moved your post to the Holliday Inn Forum, where you will get the most accurate info.

RCI is an exchange company - not a place to post rentals. However, you can deposit the week with RCI and you would have 2 years to use the credit for an exchange for another resort. I would deposit it, instead of trying to rent it, because I don't think Nov. 7th is a strong rental week. You wan't to get to work on this ASAP, because the closer you get to the check-in date, they less exchange value it has.

*Hopefully, Holiday Inn owners can advise you on exchanging and/or renting.

Rdub79

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Holliday Inn Club Vacations
I've just spent 3 hours on hold trying to see if I could get our Nov 7-14 week moved out to Feb 2022, but since I'm an odd year owner they say No Go and basically I'm on my own to rent out or lose the week. I am Canadian and the borders are still closed to us - we could fly in, but there are costly testing requirements, if I test positive before we come back, I'd have to find and pay for a place to quarantine for 14 days and getting travel insurance is very hard as the Canadian Government has an Advisory not to travel outside of Canada. We have a 2 BR Lockout that sleeps 8-10 and I'm just looking to recoup our maintenance fees. Is RCI my best option to try to rent (I'd have to join and pay fees I assume)? Any other easy ways to offer this up for rent? Thanks, Jo
Hey Jo. Do you have a holiday inn club vacation membership with points or do you just own the week at Cape Canaveral?

kanerf

TUG Member
Reaction score
If you join TUG ($15 per year) you could use the Marketplace to advertise your week for rent. You might see other similar weeks there and get an idea of what they rented for.

rapmarks

TUG Review Crew: Elite
TUG Member
Reaction score
You can also deposit that week in a free to join exchange company, and have a couple of years to exchange it. 7 across is free, formerly Dial annExchange

Rdub79

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Holliday Inn Club Vacations
I believe your only options are to rent it out via tug, redweek, eBay, or deposit it in an exchange company like rapmarks said. Anothe one is SFX although I’m not sure if they take that resort. You could call and ask. This option would give you a couple years to try and book another resort through that exchange company. I think you may have a tough time renting that week. I dont believe it is a very high demand week being right before the holidays and such.

skatie

Reaction score
thanks for the suggestions - I had only ever heard of RCI as an exchange company-do these other ones such as 7across and SFX have high opportunities for exchanges or am I best to just spend the money to deposit to RCI? I don't have a lot of time and only one experience many many years ago using RCI, so my expertise is limited! Thanks

rapmarks

TUG Review Crew: Elite
TUG Member
Reaction score
thanks for the suggestions - I had only ever heard of RCI as an exchange company-do these other ones such as 7across and SFX have high opportunities for exchanges or am I best to just spend the money to deposit to RCI? I don't have a lot of time and only one experience many many years ago using RCI, so my expertise is limited! Thanks
They certainly don’t have the inventory Rci does. But if you are looking for a Florida week they have deposits. But the good thing is you can look at their inventory without depositing and see if they have anything You like. Unlike Rci which makes you deposit to look. If you don’t plan on depositing regularly, it may be the answer