• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Holiday Inn Club and Last Calls

Rk07

Reaction score
So we bought into the Holiday Inn Vacation Club yesterday. We purchased 40,000 points for 9k. The main reason we did this was not for the points, but in order to take advantage of last call stays fro $219 to $319. We were told that as long as we werent trying to stay during a holiday week, getting booked on last call would not be a problem in resort saturated areas such as Orlando. It seems this would pay for itself after 3 or 4 trips to Disney if we were able to stay at say Animal Kingdom. Any truth to this? I'm still in my 10 day rescind window.

Passepartout

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
So we bought into the Holiday Inn Vacation Club yesterday. We purchased 40,000 points for 9k. The main reason we did this was not for the points, but in order to take advantage of last call stays fro $219 to $319. We were told that as long as we werent trying to stay during a holiday week, getting booked on last call would not be a problem in resort saturated areas such as Orlando. It seems this would pay for itself after 3 or 4 trips to Disney if we were able to stay at say Animal Kingdom. Any truth to this? I'm still in my 10 day rescind window.
There is almost ZERO truth to this. Last Calls are leftovers from RCI inventory that have not either been reserved ahead of time, or rented by RCI. Mostly they are 2nd tier timeshares in off-or shoulder season. You will NEVER see a Disney unit. You will not see an ocean front view in Summer, or a ski season ski in/out unit. It just isn't going to happen. Last Calls are available to every RCI member- even those who get a unit resale for free or $1 on eBay.

RESCIND! You have 10 days in Florida. Do it by mail. DO NOT go to the sales office unless you want to hear more lies. All they are interested in is your money and will do/say anything to delay you past your legally allowable rescission period.

After you've done that c'mon back to TUG and learn about TS, and become an informed buyer. And we won't charge you $9,000 for the education.

Jim

ETA: Lesson 1. If you own in Orlando area, (any TS), you are banned from Disney exchanges. So, NO own at HICV & exchange into Animal Kingdom.

Rk07

Reaction score
We bought in Tennessee so from what I can tell we have 10 days as well. I will be mailing the rescind letter as soon as we are home Friday! Thank you!

Passepartout

TUG Member
Reaction score
Yup. Tennessee is also 10 days. Follow the instructions exactly. Make sure everyone who signed the contract signs the rescission letter. Include a COPY of the contract signature page for ID purposes. Add a note that their promotional materials will be returned under separate cover- then send it cheapest means and keep the receipt. They might charge you otherwise. We suggest USPS Certified w/return receipt, so you know when it's delivered.

Welcome to TUG.

Enjoy your Thanksgiving, knowing that your $9K is coming back.

Jim

tschwa2

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
A few in S and VA, a single resort in NC, MD, PA, and UT, plus Jamaica and the Bahamas
While Orlando is saturated with timeshares, it isn't saturated with DVC deposits to RCI. If you aren't picky about your Orlando accommodations and can live with a moderate family style timeshare in Orlando most of the year and nicer 2nd tier moderate plus resorts some of the time then you would be fine with RCI and last calls. You don't have to spend $9000 for it through. You could find an every other year lock off timeshare with MF of less than $800 per use with decent rci trading power for free and get the same benefits.

Rk07

Reaction score
So I sent my cancellation notice on Friday. I also got a package in the mail from the HIVC requesting that I re-sign the closing disclosure forms bc we didn’t originally sign them in blue ink. They also requested we date them 11-18, the day we originally signed. What should I do?

silentg

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Fitzpatrick's Castle Holiday Homes,
Enchanted Isle.
Recind and don’t sign anything else

Passepartout

TUG Member
Reaction score
So I sent my cancellation notice on Friday. I also got a package in the mail from the HIVC requesting that I re-sign the closing disclosure forms bc we didn’t originally sign them in blue ink. They also requested we date them 11-18, the day we originally signed. What should I do?
Return it UNSIGNED. Include a note that it must have crossed your rescission letter in the mail. SO SORRY! ;)

Jim

Reactions: DrQ

DrQ

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HICV, Westgate (second cousin, twice removed)
Most likely from their document QA department. They have no idea that you are bowing out.
Return it UNSIGNED. Include a note that it must have crossed your rescission letter in the mail. SO SORRY! ;)

Jim
:thumbup:

What he said.

Rk07

Reaction score
That’s what I will do. I’ll send it back to them unsigned with an additional cancellation notice. Can’t hurt to double tap the cancellation notice twice before the 10 days are up