• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

holiday inn 2023 weeks off from rci calendar?

TUGBrian

Administrator
Reaction score
this usually happens with the royal resorts as well, but first time ive seen it with holiday inn?

week 1 rci/tug:

Week 11/6/20231/7/20231/1/2023

week 1 hicv:

1673208099584.png

i really hate the use of week numbers, and will be so very happy when we finally switch over to calendar dates as the primary search function.

Tank

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HICV South Beach Myrtle Beach
HICV Lake Geneva
HICV Gatlinburg
HICV Orange Lake Kissemee
HICV always stressed using HICV calendars only

I’m a go by date guy

Herbalwise

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Tahoe Ridge, NV near South Lake Tahoe
I've been fighting them for a couple years on this. It's important to know when calculating how many points you're going to get charged for a given week (platinum, gold, silver). AND even the site manager at the Tahoe Ridge was unable to tell me what day of the week the calendar started (you got it right, it's Friday) or the week numbers. AMAZING!

YES, they should do away with the weeks concept and publish a calendar with every day categorized. That's why we have computers.

TUGBrian

Administrator
Reaction score
we are slowly drifting away from weeks vs dates in the marketplace....the week # will stay around for historical purposes, but calendar dates are going to become the primary listing/searching option!

tschwa2

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
A few in S and VA, a single resort in NC, MD, PA, and UT, plus Jamaica and the Bahamas
I've been fighting them for a couple years on this. It's important to know when calculating how many points you're going to get charged for a given week (platinum, gold, silver). AND even the site manager at the Tahoe Ridge was unable to tell me what day of the week the calendar started (you got it right, it's Friday) or the week numbers. AMAZING!

YES, they should do away with the weeks concept and publish a calendar with every day categorized. That's why we have computers.
The problem is that deeds (other than UDI) are listed by week number or floating week ranges/ seasons. The resort is responsible for determining how they set up the calendar. A few resorts like HICV decided that it was easier to make all week x to be based on the same weekend. So Week 1 Friday would always be the first Friday of the year and week 1 Saturday and Sunday would be the first Sat or Sun after the first Friday of the year.

Most resorts go with week 1 being the first Friday of the year, the first Sat and the first Sun of the year. Which may mean that some someone might be checking in for a week 25 on Friday and Saturday and a week 24 owner would be checking in on Sunday.

What I didn't like when I owned week 52 at Orange lake would be what is happening this year on the Sunday. Instead of getting a week that included New Years, I was getting a week that was the week after new years (basically a week 1) which has a much lower demand. For points owners it doesn't matter because HICV awarded the higher number of points for the week 52 but in terms of renting it out or depositing it with rci it was much worse.