• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Holiday Destinations?

emilyarnette

Reaction score
I saw a very interesting article on perspectivemagazine.com. They said:

The American Automobile Association (AAA) forecasts 91.9 million Americans will travel 50 miles or more from home during the 2011-12 Year-End holiday travel season, a 1.4 percent increase over the 90.7 million people who traveled one year ago. This year’s expected Year-End holiday travel volume is the second highest in the past decade and represents 30 percent of the total U.S. population. The 11-day Year-End holiday period is the longest holiday travel season of the year, affording many more Americans time to visit family or take vacations. AAA defines the Year-End holiday travel season as Friday, December 23, 2011 to Monday, January 2, 2012.

Automobile is top transportation choice, increases 2.1 percent. Approximately 83.6 million people (91 percent of holiday travelers) plan to take to the nation’s roadways this Year-End holiday travel season, a 2.1 percent increase compared to 2010-11 when the number of auto travelers totaled 81.9 million.

Air travel down nearly 10 percent.

Train, bus, other modes of travel increases 4.2 percent

And Most importantly:

Hotel rates increase; car rental rates decrease.

So with that being said, where is everyone headed for the holidays? Will you be staying in your timeshare resort? Will you be staying in a hotel? How much money do you think you will be spending and saving based on your choice? Just trying to get some feedback from everyone.

I will be driving to my family this year. I will also be staying in a hotel closest to their house because we could not work out a timeshare date everyone agreed on. I know that I will not be saving any money...which is why I'm wondering if anyone staying in a timeshare will be? I would love to say "I told you so" when I get there!

kwindham

TUG Member
Reaction score
My family is all within 45 minute drive of me, so we are all meeting up @ my parents house. :)