• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

HOA Annual Budget Letter addresses termite issue

alwysonvac

TUG Lifetime Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WORLDMARK, HGVC, VISTANA

SOLD (DVC, FSRC)
Well, I'm happy to report that all guest rooms in the Lagoon Tower received termite treatment. :clap:

From my Annual Billing Letter via the HVVS Owners Association
(hopefully I caught all of the things my OCR software missed ;))

November 2016

Aloha Hawaiian Village Vacation Suites Owner,

In my first communication as your property's general manager, I would like to share my experience at the property so far. I have had the opportunity to see the property from a fresh perspective and I'm happy to share that the improvements completed this year have been very well received.

As another year comes to a close, we are pleased to announce that the unit renovation project is complete. The door lock system was upgraded to an RFID (radio frequency identification) key system, all guest rooms received termite treatment and the TOTO washlet installation in the master bathrooms is complete. The room design provides a fresh look for your resort. A notable improvement behind-the scenes is the new domestic water pump we installed this summer. We're also currently working on the new hot water system, which is slated for completion shortly. Other improvements include refurbishment of the lobby restrooms, the stunning new chandelier in the lobby, as well as new lobby furniture. We hope you are as pleased as we are with these enhancements .

Thank you for allowing us to assist you in creating your unforgettable vacation experiences. As always, we strive to continue providing you with the signature Hilton Grand Vacations service and distinctive island hospitality you expect.

2017 Billing / Budget Impacts

Enclosed are the 2017 budget and statement for your association's 2017 assessment, real estate taxes and annual Club dues - due by JANUARY 1, 2017. The operations portion of the budget funds the day to-day operations of your resort, with the reserves portion funding future improvements to your property, including replacement of furniture , re-painting and other enhancements as needed.

Your Board of Directors works diligently to establish your association's budget and for 2017 they are pleased to report that the overall combined fee for all unit types will increase by 3% over what you paid in 2016, with this being the lowest increase in the past five years. Although wages and benefits and real estate taxes increased slightly, savings were found in .continued operating efficiencies and a reduction in the properties general insurance expenses. The reserve portion of your annual assessment continues to grow the associations reserve fund as your next major refurbishment is anticipated in 2020. That refurbishment will be for certain portions of the common area and the guest suite interiors including new carpets, appliances, bedding, drapery, lighting, furniture, case goods and paint.....

Warmest regards,

Pamela Yagi, CHA
General Manager

Pamela Yagi assumed the role of general manager of Hilton Grand Vacations at Hilton Hawaiian Village in July 2016.
http://www.hiltongrandvacationsmedi...w-general-manager-for-hilton-hawaiian-village
http://saturdaybriefing.outrigger.com/personnel/pam-yagi-a-woman-to-watch/

GregT

TUG Member
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott: Maui Ocean Club Lahaina Villas (3BRx5), Ko Olina, Shadow Ridge II, Willow Ridge, Aruba Ocean Club, DC Points HGVC: Flamingo, Sea World, I-Drive, Starwood Bella (x4), SDO, TradeWinds, Worldmark
That's great news -- very happy to see this!! Maybe they read TUG??

I hope you are well!

Best,

Greg

TUGBrian

Administrator
Reaction score
nice to see an HOA maintain regular and positive communication with owners!