• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

HIVC Signature points

Cottage lover

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Holiday inn Club Vacations orange Lake West and North villages, Cape Canaveral and Ascutney
We are currently at South Beach Myrtle Beach and they are trying to get us to convert all our points to Signature. We have 508,000 points but none are signature.
Is there any way to do this without spending $12,000?

DrQ

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HICV, Westgate (second cousin, twice removed)
Assuming all your points are developer points and you are at Premier Level, you should have access Signature Collection units six months out.

Unless you NEED Signature during peak vacation time, I would save my $12K (plus interest)

Premier Membership
You enjoy the benefits of Preferred membership, plus these additional benefits:​
  • Early check-in/late check-out (when available)
    • Expedited check-in at exclusive Club Lounge (at participating resorts)
    • Free 4-night stay each year
    • Two reservation upgrades each year
    • 15% Rebate on RCI Points reservations
    • 15% Advanced booking window discount
    • 10% Signature Collection discount
    • Extra 6% savings for discounted MAXtime offers
    • Use more Club Points like cash for resort amenities
    • Use Club Points for up to $500 in maintenance fee credits
    • Rent up to 75% annual of Club Points allotment
    • Extended Club Partner booking window, as close as 7 days prior to check-in
    • Access Signature Collection portfolio 6 months prior to check-in
    • Access to The Registry Collection® program (with Signature Collection ownership)
If you REALLY want Signature, you might look for resale of HICV Marco Island resort. That is all Signature, but it won't "signaturize" you existing points and won't add to your level. I don't know what, if any, restrictions might be placed on trying to use those points at other HICV properties. If there are no restrictions, then you go from making reservations 6 months out to 10 months out for those points.

Last edited:

tony_i

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HICV, WM, Elara
Agree with DrQ. South Beach has some signature points deeded weeks, but those very rarely come out on resale. With a Marco Island, you would have to convert that week by buying developer points, and that would cost the resale price of the unit plus around $6k (based on last years HICV offer to convert any 1 week). You could get up to 375k signature points with a diamond season. Also, make sure they do not take your deeded weeks away from you, specially if you have desirable deeded weeks, as you would give up Home and Resort access at those different locations you are deeded.

Reactions: DrQ

Cottage lover

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Holiday inn Club Vacations orange Lake West and North villages, Cape Canaveral and Ascutney
Assuming all your points are developer points and you are at Premier Level, you should have access Signature Collection units six months out.

Unless you NEED Signature during peak vacation time, I would save my $12K (plus interest)

Premier Membership
You enjoy the benefits of Preferred membership, plus these additional benefits:​
  • Early check-in/late check-out (when available)
    • Expedited check-in at exclusive Club Lounge (at participating resorts)
    • Free 4-night stay each year
    • Two reservation upgrades each year
    • 15% Rebate on RCI Points reservations
    • 15% Advanced booking window discount
    • 10% Signature Collection discount
    • Extra 6% savings for discounted MAXtime offers
    • Use more Club Points like cash for resort amenities
    • Use Club Points for up to $500 in maintenance fee credits
    • Rent up to 75% annual of Club Points allotment
    • Extended Club Partner booking window, as close as 7 days prior to check-in
    • Access Signature Collection portfolio 6 months prior to check-in
    • Access to The Registry Collection® program (with Signature Collection ownership)
If you REALLY want Signature, you might look for resale of HICV Marco Island resort. That is all Signature, but it won't "signaturize" you existing points and won't add to your level. I don't know what, if any, restrictions might be placed on trying to use those points at other HICV properties. If there are no restrictions, then you go from making reservations 6 months out to 10 months out for those points.
Thank you. We didn't feel it was a good idea to get all points signaturized for $12,000.

Cottage lover

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
We did not feel it was necessary to get all points signaturized. They tried to tell us we would have better access to resorts if they were but we didn't think it would make that much difference.

Tank

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HICV South Beach Myrtle Beach
HICV Lake Geneva
HICV Gatlinburg
HICV Orange Lake Kissemee
All you need is say 30,000 sig points to become a signature owner. and all your other points can be used for all signature to become signature.
Probably trust points replacing your other weeks. Those cost more MF’s

Mongoose

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Hyatt Pinion Pointe, Hilton The Bay Club, Worldmark
What is the best deal on a 30,000 sig package?

AstrosFan1313

TUG Member
Reaction score
What is the best deal on a 30,000 sig package?
Bump.
I’m still confused about the different booking windows for Signature and when/if it might make sense to “Signaturize,” and then how much it might cost.
My understanding is if I buy from the Big 3 Resale, it doesn’t matter my point total, I will only be able to book Signature 60 days out. Is that correct?
Also if I want to change that and have earlier access, would I need to convert over and/or signaturize my points?
Thanks!

Rdub79

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Holliday Inn Club Vacations
If you “convert” your deeds so that you get status then each level of status you achieve gives you an earlier window to book signature. And if you buy actual signature points then you can book with just those points during resort access up to 13 months out. Then I believe you can book with all your points in to a signature unit at 10 months out once open access is available. I’m like 95% sure this information is correct but I’m not a licensed timeshare salesman.

Bmatrose

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HICV Elite
If you “convert” your deeds so that you get status then each level of status you achieve gives you an earlier window to book signature. And if you buy actual signature points then you can book with just those points during resort access up to 13 months out. Then I believe you can book with all your points in to a signature unit at 10 months out once open access is available. I’m like 95% sure this information is correct but I’m not a licensed timeshare salesman.
what your saying is accurate

Mongoose

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned

Rdub79

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
The MF don’t have to be higher. I bought a Marco island deed on the resale market which has a MF of about $1700 for 325,000 points which is really good. But then I had to buy a 30,000 point package from HICV to convert that deed into points for use in “the club”. It cost a bit of money up front but now I have 325,000 sig points available at 13 months and the rest of my points can be used for signature at 10 months out. I’ve only stayed in one signature unit thus far but have a couple more reserved in the coming year. I didn’t do this just for the signature access, I also did this to get my MF cost down. After I did this I sold a couple of my other higher MF cost deeds. The trick here is finding a signature resale deed with good MF to point ratio at a reasonable cost. I focused on Marco island because the whole resort is signature so I didn’t have to worry about weather the seller was giving me accurate info.

Rdub79

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Oh. And if you buy trust points from HICV to convert something make sure they give you points that are assigned to one of the resorts that trade in II. This way you will get an II account for free to use as well as the RCI account.

Mongoose

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
The MF don’t have to be higher. I bought a Marco island deed on the resale market which has a MF of about $1700 for 325,000 points which is really good. But then I had to buy a 30,000 point package from HICV to convert that deed into points for use in “the club”. It cost a bit of money up front but now I have 325,000 sig points available at 13 months and the rest of my points can be used for signature at 10 months out. I’ve only stayed in one signature unit thus far but have a couple more reserved in the coming year. I didn’t do this just for the signature access, I also did this to get my MF cost down. After I did this I sold a couple of my other higher MF cost deeds. The trick here is finding a signature resale deed with good MF to point ratio at a reasonable cost. I focused on Marco island because the whole resort is signature so I didn’t have to worry about weather the seller was giving me accurate info.
Sounds like a good deal. My point is if you upgrade existing non-signature points to signature points you will pay higher MFs.

AstrosFan1313

TUG Member
Reaction score
Does anyone have any experience with ROFR when purchasing Signature Points resale? My guess is that the price per point would be higher to pass ROFR if you do buy at Marco Island or a package from South Beach that is Signature points. I was wondering if any members have data on what might pass ROFR specific to Signature Points. Or is there somewhere that data could be added like ROFR.net?
Thanks!

tschwa2

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
A few in S and VA, a single resort in NC, MD, PA, and UT, plus Jamaica and the Bahamas
Marco Island would transfer as a deeded unit and would not be a part of HICV. I am not 100% sure that the South Beach Signature units weren't sold as a udi vs the mandatory points resort that it was for the original section. If you are talking trust points at either of those locations, they would remain a signature trust points but would have restrictions like no guest certificates (no guest check in;s) no banking and no borrowing and possibly others. Despite the fact that signature points are more than 3 years old there just isn't any real world experience reports on how resale trust points actually work in someone's account.

Perhaps someone who has bought South Beach Signature can speak up to those at least.

Rdub79

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
I don’t have south beach experience but I bought a Marco island contract worth 325,000 points (after converted of course) for about 3k. And it passed rofr.

Bmatrose

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HICV Elite
Marco Island would transfer as a deeded unit and would not be a part of HICV. I am not 100% sure that the South Beach Signature units weren't sold as a udi vs the mandatory points resort that it was for the original section. If you are talking trust points at either of those locations, they would remain a signature trust points but would have restrictions like no guest certificates (no guest check in;s) no banking and no borrowing and possibly others. Despite the fact that signature points are more than 3 years old there just isn't any real world experience reports on how resale trust points actually work in someone's account.

Perhaps someone who has bought South Beach Signature can speak up to those at least.
If they are the newer signature points at Myrtle Beach they would have been UDI so on resale they could only be used at Myrtle Beach