• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

HIVC questions

Rbp280z

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Holiday Inn Club Vacations
Good morning everyone,
I bought into the Holiday Inn Club Vacation point system on 1/21/22. I bought 60,000 points for $13,000. The representative showed my wife and I the “20,000 points and under” tab on the website where you can book a hotel/resort for under 20,000 points for one week. We were also showed the last call page where you can book hotels/resorts using cash for roughly $320 for a week.

I bought this point system yesterday so I have time to back out of the contract. Is the HICV point system worth it? How do you cancel the contract? I’d love to get your advice so I can either keep it or back out. Thank you.

tony_i

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HICV, WM, Elara
Good morning everyone,
I bought into the Holiday Inn Club Vacation point system on 1/21/22. I bought 60,000 points for $13,000. The representative showed my wife and I the “20,000 points and under” tab on the website where you can book a hotel/resort for under 20,000 points for one week. We were also showed the last call page where you can book hotels/resorts using cash for roughly $320 for a week.

I bought this point system yesterday so I have time to back out of the contract. Is the HICV point system worth it? How do you cancel the contract? I’d love to get your advice so I can either keep it or back out. Thank you.

The 20k and under, and the last calls are inside RCI. To get there login into the member website Under account overview or plan and reserve , you will see an RCI link on the left of the page. On the next page click on go to RCI.

Once in RCI (new tab) go to menu (could be 3 lines on top right), then book, and you will see option for 0-20k exchange, last call (under $300 cash reservation), and extra vacations ( usually way higher than exchanging and some non exchange properties).

I use 20k and under a lot and it is a great value. It starts 45 days out on most units, and less days on other. So always keep searching.

Last calls are also good but some properties listed on 0-20k will not show there so search both as last calls is a better deal if they are listed on both.

Good luck!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Rbp280z

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
The 20k and under, and the last calls are inside RCI. To get there login into the member website Under account overview or plan and reserve , you will see an RCI link on the left of the page. On the next page click on go to RCI.

Once in RCI (new tab) go to menu (could be 3 lines on top right), then book, and you will see option for 0-20k exchange, last call (under $300 cash reservation), and extra vacations ( usually way higher than exchanging and some non exchange properties).

I use 20k and under a lot and it is a great value. It starts 45 days out on most units, and less days on other. So always keep searching.

Last calls are also good but some properties listed on 0-20k will not show there so search both as last calls is a better deal if they are listed on both.

Good luck!

thank you for your reply! I don’t have the RCI link yet. If you were to book a place for under 20,000 points, what other fees are to be paid? How has your experience been so far?

tony_i

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HICV, WM, Elara
By the way, if you are interested in 0-20k inventory, and last minute deals primary, you may want to rescind. Checkout tripbeat.com for almost the same last call inventory, and there are ways to get into RCI without actually owning a timeshare. You do miss out on some of that 0-20k inventory, but could save you that 13k. You can always buy but can rescind once.

I have 3 deeds that I will be selling and they are all points contract. If you rescind and are interested, send me a DM for more information.

tony_i

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HICV, WM, Elara
thank you for your reply! I don’t have the RCI link yet. If you were to book a place for under 20,000 points, what other fees are to be paid? How has your experience been so far?

You would pay the exchange fee, which is $249 ( or at least up until last December). There are no other fees unless it is a resort fee. For example, some Hilton properties charge an amenity fee of $20 per day. So you’d pay that at check in.

My experience has been great. It is the best value out there. I also own wm and some of that 0-20k inventory costs 4K( about $391 in in maintenance fee) vs HICV which 15k which is less than $100 in my maintenance fees. So great value.

Yo do have to be on top of searches if you want a place that does not have many properties, but usually no problems is high traffic areas like Orlando and Vegas.

jackio

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Sand Pebbles, Sheraton Broadway Plantation, Hawaiian Sun Holidays
If you are looking for vacations other than last minute, 60,000 points will not get you much. I had a 98,000 contract in Las Vegas which got me a 1 BR in prime time. I was tied to the school calendar so could not not use the last calls very often. I ended up deeding my unit back to HICV.

jimkin

TUG Lifetime Member
Reaction score
This is not a good deal. I would cancel. 60,000 Holiday Inn points is not very many points (equivalent to 30,000 RCI points) and $13K is way too expensive. For example I bought 210,000 Holiday Inn points for $3500 and some people thought I overpaid. Generally I've been pleased overall with the Holiday Inn Vacation Club but I've only used mine to trade.
You can pick up an RCI weeks unit for free and get access to the last call inventory.

Rbp280z

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
I appreciate everyone’s reply! This has helped a lot and saved my family money.

Rbp280z

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
This is not a good deal. I would cancel. 60,000 Holiday Inn points is not very many points (equivalent to 30,000 RCI points) and $13K is way too expensive. For example I bought 210,000 Holiday Inn points for $3500 and some people thought I overpaid. Generally I've been pleased overall with the Holiday Inn Vacation Club but I've only used mine to trade.
You can pick up an RCI weeks unit for free and get access to the last call inventory.
The point conversion aspect of it confuses me because this wasn’t explained at all at the meeting. What is the difference between RCI points and Holiday Inn points? Is the last call inventory worth it? Are you able to purchase points from people?

thank you

tony_i

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HICV, WM, Elara
The point conversion aspect of it confuses me because this wasn’t explained at all at the meeting. What is the difference between RCI points and Holiday Inn points? Is the last call inventory worth it? Are you able to purchase points from people?

thank you

Do not worry about conversion. Once you have your RCI account setup you will see only HICV club points as the RCI “currency”. What you see is what it will cost you in HICV points.

Regular RCI exchanges ranges from 15k to 180k. 15k-20k, outside 45 days from checkin, are very unpopular locations, studios, 3-5 night options. A 2b Hilton summer unit in big island is 150k-176k. That gives you an idea. These are HICV points. With 60k you will not get much in exchange, except inside the 45 day window, 3-5 nights on points exchanges.

60k inside HICV system can probably get you 4-5 nights in platinum season in a 1 bedroom. Maybe 6 days in a studio, but forget staying weekends! Review the points chart to have an idea of what you will get.

On Last call cash inventory, you can get most of it for free on tripbeat.com. I know this because when friends or family need last minute stays I book them there and avoid paying RCI $89 guest fee (even a park city studio on Christmas week).

In regards to purchasing points from people, you have several options. You can rent points from any owner, they will make reservations for you and you pay the fees. Renting from a high tier member can be beneficial too. You can also purchase a resale unit deeded at lake Geneva, Myrtle Beach, or Gatlinburg. Deeds at these 3 Resorts transfer as points. You get most of the club benefits, like renting, saving, and borrowing points, etc, but do not pay retail price for the points. You can use RCI too and book at any hicv resort 10 month out.

feliciatd

TUG Member
Reaction score

thank you
We've been timeshare owners since 1987 with Fairfield (now Wyndham) and have added a Vacation Village ownership also (for pennies on the resale market). I've used the system and gotten very familiar with how the points work over all these years, and was still confused when I spoke with HIVC people about how my Wyndham and RCI points would work in conjunction with the HIVC points. They wanted to sell us 30000 HIVC points for $6000 - not many points, but we already have a lot so they were saying we just needed all their benefits. Turns out nothing changes, they just claim to be able to get you access to more inventory than you can get on your own, as in seeing both weeks and points inventory in RCI at the same time. I think this happens already with our existing two ownerships - does anyone have any thoughts on this? Thanks.

feliciatd

TUG Member
Reaction score
Do not worry about conversion. Once you have your RCI account setup you will see only HICV club points as the RCI “currency”. What you see is what it will cost you in HICV points.

Regular RCI exchanges ranges from 15k to 180k. 15k-20k, outside 45 days from checkin, are very unpopular locations, studios, 3-5 night options. A 2b Hilton summer unit in big island is 150k-176k. That gives you an idea. These are HICV points. With 60k you will not get much in exchange, except inside the 45 day window, 3-5 nights on points exchanges.

60k inside HICV system can probably get you 4-5 nights in platinum season in a 1 bedroom. Maybe 6 days in a studio, but forget staying weekends! Review the points chart to have an idea of what you will get.

On Last call cash inventory, you can get most of it for free on tripbeat.com. I know this because when friends or family need last minute stays I book them there and avoid paying RCI $89 guest fee (even a park city studio on Christmas week).

In regards to purchasing points from people, you have several options. You can rent points from any owner, they will make reservations for you and you pay the fees. Renting from a high tier member can be beneficial too. You can also purchase a resale unit deeded at lake Geneva, Myrtle Beach, or Gatlinburg. Deeds at these 3 Resorts transfer as points. You get most of the club benefits, like renting, saving, and borrowing points, etc, but do not pay retail price for the points. You can use RCI too and book at any hicv resort 10 month out.

I hadn't heard of tripbeat, so went online to check it out. It says their website is under construction, and directed me to All Resort Store, which looked like the right place. Is this correct?

tony_i

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HICV, WM, Elara
I hadn't heard of tripbeat, so went online to check it out. It says their website is under construction, and directed me to All Resort Store, which looked like the right place. Is this correct?

Yes, it is currently under construction. It has been 2-3 month since I last visited the site… it must be some sort of new website coming. Parent company has been upgrading different sites recently, New WM site, and WM and HICV RCI sites in the past year.

They also have another site, similar to tripbeat for military members, but I have never checked that one out or know the name. Would be interesting to see if it is under construction too.