• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

HIVC misled us

Tfriley50

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Orange lake Orlando
I bought a week in 2006 at Orange lake Orlando. They only offered fixed weeks that years. They tried to get us to convert it to points in 2007 when they went to a points system and every year since then. It was always pay 20-40 thousand more to do it. Then in 2017 my wife and daughter went on girls get away week. They bugged them all weekend even coming by the condo to pitch the benefits of converting. My wife went to the sales meeting after repeatedly telling the person i will only go and consider converting if it meant the fixed week and all the maintenance fees would be gone they reassured her that would happed. They continued to tell her at the sales presentation and show her on paper the fees we pay now and the fees we would have after ,which were less than half split into every other year so $1200 down to $600 which was then only $300 each year. Also they told us we woyld get 116000 points each year on the fixed week because we already paid $14999 and the two would become one.It cost us $6000 to convert. We did it to have more flexibility. But in 2018 I received two bills one for the fixed week and one for the new points timeshare. The two were never combined and when we called they told us they never agreed to combine the two and we new what we were signing for up for because they explained it before we signed bologna they lied and manipulated her. So we haven’t sent them a dime in 3 years on the fixed week. And yes they call and i tell them The whole story each time and they say they’ll investigate it but I never hear back on their investigation. So I’m just wondering if anyone else had has similar problems with Orange Lake

Mongoose

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Hyatt Pinion Pointe, HGVC The Bay Club, HGVC Elara, Worldmark
Terrible story. Sorry to hear of your problems. I love my HICV timeshares but I have only bought points properties on resale. The lack of ethics for all timeshare salesman is notorious. What does your contract say?

Last edited:

Fredflintstone

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Rent only
I bought a week in 2006 at Orange lake Orlando. They only offered fixed weeks that years. They tried to get us to convert it to points in 2007 when they went to a points system and every year since then. It was always pay 20-40 thousand more to do it. Then in 2017 my wife and daughter went on girls get away week. They bugged them all weekend even coming by the condo to pitch the benefits of converting. My wife went to the sales meeting after repeatedly telling the person i will only go and consider converting if it meant the fixed week and all the maintenance fees would be gone they reassured her that would happed. They continued to tell her at the sales presentation and show her on paper the fees we pay now and the fees we would have after ,which were less than half split into every other year so $1200 down to $600 which was then only $300 each year. Also they told us we woyld get 116000 points each year on the fixed week because we already paid $14999 and the two would become one.It cost us $6000 to convert. We did it to have more flexibility. But in 2018 I received two bills one for the fixed week and one for the new points timeshare. The two were never combined and when we called they told us they never agreed to combine the two and we new what we were signing for up for because they explained it before we signed bologna they lied and manipulated her. So we haven’t sent them a dime in 3 years on the fixed week. And yes they call and i tell them The whole story each time and they say they’ll investigate it but I never hear back on their investigation. So I’m just wondering if anyone else had has similar problems with Orange Lake

I’m sorry this happened to you. If anything, a lesson was learned here.

Always thoroughly read any legal document before signing.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

DrQ

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HICV, Westgate (second cousin, twice removed)
We converted a couple of years ago. We had two Red Presidentials. We were at Hill Country resort.

When we converted, the sales person was clear that we were converting one unit into the "Trust" along with an additional points purchase of Trust points. Our deed on the points purchase was at OLCC East Village. Our deeded week a Hill Country remained fixed unit/fixed week but was converted to points. So in one respect (points) they are combined, but administratively they are separate (one trust, one fixed unit/fixed week). This was spelled out in the contract.

If you have trust points, that is accounted in one bucket with its own billing cycle (ours is Jan 1)
If you have a fixed week/fixed unit, that is in a different bucket with a different billing cycle (I can't recall, but I think it may have remained the same as the original cycle prior to the conversion)

It sounds like they sold you an EOY package and used that to convert your fixed week to points but keeping it a fixed week/fixed unit.

The only way to combine them is to convert them all to trust points. In one sense, they were correct, your Fixed Week and Trust points are available as points. Also, keep in mind, you can reserve your fixed week unit years in advance if you want to go to the same unit. As far as I can tell, even in your home resort, you can only reserve Trust units 13 months out because the Trust deed does not specify a unit. But I may be reeding the document incorrectly.

Our sales person at Hill Country did a good job of explaining Trust vs. Fixed Weeks and was clear that we were only converting one deed to Trust. I've dealt with the OLCC sales staff and I was not impressed.

Now we won't get in to Endless Escapees. :mad: