• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Hilton VIP Program - Anderson or Ocean 22?

Sunshine10

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Hi,

When we were in vegas recently we attended a sales presentation and purchased the VIP program. At the time, it seemed like not a bad way to check out another Hilton timeshare. (Yes, I've read a lot of the postings about the advantages of buying resale, and the names of the resellers that are recommended here on TUG. If we were to consider buying, it would be resale. In fact, while we were in vegas, one of my relatives purchased from the developer. With the benefit of TUG, we contacted one of the resellers to get an idea of the resale prices, and we were able to convince the relative to rescind! So thank you TUG!). We are thinking of using the VIP program to go to Myrtle Beach in June. The VIP booklet includes Anderson Ocean Club as one of the options. When I spoke with our VIP representative on the phone, she said that we would also have the option of staying at Ocean 22. Assuming this is correct, that we do have the choice at the time of booking, are there any advantages to staying at one, versus the other? We are a family of 4 (two kids, ages 8 and 10), and would be booking a 2 bedroom unit, just in case another couple joined us. I understand Ocean 22 is new. Does one have better onsite activities? or better location on beach? or better location to other activities / restaurants in the area? Thanks

JSparling

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
If you're a family of 4 you need a 2-bedroom even if "another couple" doesn't join you. And I'd argue that 6 people - with 4 of them being adults - is too many for a 2-bedroom. Do you really want your kids sleeping in the living room on the fold-out bed for a week with all their stuff tossed around?

You need the 2-bedroom for your family. It's wonderful having a room for the kids and then having the living area as a common area without having to put away beds/pillows each morning and then get them out again at night.

Dojan123

TUG Member
Reaction score
I have only stayed at Anderson. It does have the benefit of free mini-golf and a water park during the summer. You will need a car to get to the water park. I assume they still have these benefits but you may want to ask. The main complaint I have are the elevators. They are used by public and staff. During the morning they can get crazy. The rooms are nice but the building has little space in the public areas and is not impressive. Overall I do like. Anderson. It is not the nicest HGVC but you are on the beach. I would be happy to go back.

Ocean 22 is brand new and few blocks closer to the main board walk type attractions. Since this was a HGVC from the start, I believe it will be nicer than the Anderson.

I always prefer new. I will be at Ocean 22 next Easter.

Both Anderson and Ocean 22 will have smaller pools than most HGVC but they are on the beach.

Talent312

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC & GTS
HGVC bought unsold units in Anderson and took over management.
Ocean 22 is brand new and designed as a HGVC resort from scratch.
Stayed at Anderson recently. It's decent, but suspect Ocean 22 is nicer.

Sunshine10

TUG Member
Reaction score
Thanks for the advice! We will try for Ocean 22.

jehb2

TUG Member
Reaction score