• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Hilton Timeshare Presentation T&C

Talent312

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC & GTS
What's good for the goose is good for the gander.
Agreed. Just a question of to what level one allows themselves to descend.

Reaction score
Just an update for anyone curious: I was able to attend both presentations without issue. I'm also currently in the ROFR stage for an Elara 1BD because I never want to attend another presentation:ROFLMAO: Hopefully I'm able to get the deed without issue!

Talent312

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC & GTS
... I never want to attend another presentation:ROFLMAO: Hopefully I'm able to get the deed without issue!
I spent the first few years dodging their phone calls (using caller ID).
Then they banned resale buyers, and stopped calling. "Saints be praised."

Reaction score
I forgot to mention that during my promo package tour, the sales representative, as a last ditch effort, introduced me to their strictly points based system. She had stated that they were still being trained on it and couldn't remember how to calculate the necessary things (she had called her assigned helper, the one who crunches the numbers and tries to give out bonus points like candy), but she had to help another sales associate. They were very understaffed that day, luckily to the benefit of me.

They wanted me to pay ~$20,000 for x amount of points, no deed or home resort etc. I quickly declined as I had been there for almost 3 hours at that point. Reflecting back on it now, I find it interesting that HGVC is moving in this direction which I think might explain the lack of ROFR from them, except for the SC location of course. I know there were talks of sales representative saying HGVC is moving towards a trust based system here on TUG a while back, but it didn't seem like something HGVC would really follow through with due to the logistics of it.

Has anyone else been to a sales presentation and had a representative explain the new points only system in better detail?

Last edited:

HuskerATL

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC at Boulevard and Craigendarroch Lodges
I forgot to mention that during my promo package tour, the sales representative, as a last ditch effort, introduced me to their strictly points based system. She had stated that they were still being trained on it and couldn't remember how to calculate the necessary things (she had called her assigned helper, the one who crunches the numbers and tries to give out bonus points like candy), but she had to help another sales associate. They were very understaffed that day, luckily to the benefit of me.

They wanted me to pay ~$20,000 for x amount of points, no deed or home resort etc. I quickly declined as I had been there for almost 3 hours at that point. Reflecting back on it now, I find it interesting that HGVC is moving in this direction which I think might explain the lack of ROFR from them, except for the SC location of course. I know there were talks of sales representative saying HGVC is moving towards a trust based system here on TUGG a while back, but it didn't seem like something HGVC would really follow through with due to the logistics of it.

Has anyone else been to a sales presentation and had a representative explain the new points only system in better detail?
That would be buying into the DRI/HVC side so wouldn't be HGVC or HC. That would give you access to the DRI/HVC properties and then a 6 month booking window in HGVC/HC. I doubt HGVC or HC will move to a trust anytime soon.

Reaction score
That would be buying into the DRI/HVC side so wouldn't be HGVC or HC. That would give you access to the DRI/HVC properties and then a 6 month booking window in HGVC/HC. I doubt HGVC or HC will move to a trust anytime soon.
Ahhh, ok. That makes much more sense! Can always count on TUG members to clarify things better than Hilton themselves.

dayooper

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC: The Flamingo, The Boulevard
Ahhh, ok. That makes much more sense! Can always count on TUG members to clarify things better than Hilton themselves.
They have been spinning a conversion from deeds to points for almost a year. The salesman did not want to clarify things, they wanted to confuse so you hopefully would fall for the ruse and buy. Do not trust a timeshare salesman! They are not your friend and all they want to do is make a sale. 3 hours is a long time, double what it should be.

HuskerATL

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC at Boulevard and Craigendarroch Lodges

pedro47

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
What is included in a two (2) hours presentation?

GT75

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Legacy HGVC
FAVC-Cabo

Talent312

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC & GTS
What is included in a two (2) hours presentation?
You need to try one.
Then, visit a nearby watering hole to decompress after having your ears boxed.

escanoe

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC: Flamingo & Anderson Ocean Club
Vacation Village: Woodstone at Massanutten and Grandview (RCI Points) & the Colonies
I throw this out. I would never do it, but say the odds are 100% it would work. I have never attended a Hilton presentation and own resale in the system.

1) Attend the first presentation.

2) Make a purchase of a timeshare at the first presentation.

3) If they give you any grief at the second presentation for not being in the rules, tell them this is their mistake and if it is how they do business, you are going to rescind your purchase from the first presentation.

4) Rescind the purchase within seven days regardless of how #3 works out.