• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Hilton resuming ROFR?

Jason245

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
The broker Judi Kozlowski who is mentioned quite lot on the broad refused to take anything less than $9000. I will just try other sellers in different markets and will report back. Thank you for all your ideas and support.
She is an agent not a seller.. it might be that the owners she has listed refuse to sell that low...did you ask if she had other resorts that she is willing to sell at the price you want for points you want?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N910A using Tapatalk

natarajanv

TUG Member
Reaction score
she just flooded ebay with HGVC

She is an agent not a seller.. it might be that the owners she has listed refuse to sell that low...did you ask if she had other resorts that she is willing to sell at the price you want for points you want?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N910A using Tapatalk

After a while she has a lot of HGVC listings on ebay now. This makes me believe the sales are slowing down...

presley

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
The broker Judi Kozlowski who is mentioned quite lot on the broad refused to take anything less than $9000. I will just try other sellers in different markets and will report back. Thank you for all your ideas and support.

If you know exactly what you want to buy and how much you want to pay, just make offers everywhere until someone accepts it. It may take a few months, but you'll get what you want.

ameerishaan

Reaction score
I bought from Judi Kozlowski a 7000 point contract for Elara for $10,000 in June. She told be it will not pass ROFR if under $10,000 as Hilton is buying back lots of contracts if under $10,000. Hmmmm....

Cyberc

TUG Member
Reaction score
I bought from Judi Kozlowski a 7000 point contract for Elara for $10,000 in June. She told be it will not pass ROFR if under $10,000 as Hilton is buying back lots of contracts if under $10,000. Hmmmm....

As I have mentioned in other threads if brokers commissions are based on the sales price, then they would claim anything to get a higher price. If they get a fixed fee then they should recommend a specific price to buyers so the sale will pass rofr. The sellers shouldn't care they get their money regardless. This is however not the case with the brokers, I think some won't be a part of driving down the prices or maybe have another agenda.

We have a small saying here where I'm from, always remember that the brokers are the sellers man not the buyers. I don't know if that also goes here in the US but I seen why not.

Regards

Judi Kozlowski

TUG Member
Reaction score

We were very pleased to get the $10,000 contract through on the Elara purchase. We lost one at $10,000. Our goal is to get the contract through for our Buyers and Sellers. If there is an ROFR we get paid. If we wanted to increase our income we could write the low offers and get paid and then sell the Buyer another unit. That is not our goal. It is not good for the Buyer, Seller, Agent or Developer

Judi Kozlowski

TUG Member
Reaction score
Hilton-HGVC -Commission

As I have mentioned in other threads if brokers commissions are based on the sales price, then they would claim anything to get a higher price. If they get a fixed fee then they should recommend a specific price to buyers so the sale will pass rofr. The sellers shouldn't care they get their money regardless. This is however not the case with the brokers, I think some won't be a part of driving down the prices or maybe have another agenda.

We have a small saying here where I'm from, always remember that the brokers are the sellers man not the buyers. I don't know if that also goes here in the US but I seen why not.

Regards

The way this works is if we write a sale at a lower price the unit will be exercised on and we will get paid. Then we sell the Buyer another unit and get paid again. That doesn't make your plan work. We try to get a higher price because we owe it to the Seller to keep the values up. If we know the Developer is going to exercise on the unit and we still write it shame on us.
The right thing to do is to sell the unit above the ROFR and then you have a happy buyer and seller and agent. Doing the right thing is important to us.

ameerishaan

Reaction score
Judi, I'm very glad it went through as well thanks to your advice of the pricing!!!! We are looking at another one to buy from you resale but want to make sure price is right. Thanks!

mscheribel59

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGV Tuscany Village, HGV Parc Soleil, HGV Elara
I bought a 7,000 Platinum point Tuscany Village on International Dr, Orlando and it just cleared ROFR. Paid total of $4077.00 + 535 activation fee with Hilton. Seller paid $750.00 closing fee and tax, and the 399.00 transfer fee. It doesn't have to be 1.00 a point. Just depends if Hilton is actively buying back. :D