After Xmas going to Hilton Head Island. Can anybody give some suggestions on restaurants in the area.
Regarding restaurants, I suggest you pick up some of the free magazines in the resort lobby for Dining and Restaurants. I know there is one that has sample menus in them, which would allow you to get the address and see if the cost is in line with expectations.
All of the places I'm recommending, you can wear shorts to and are casual places to eat.
- Reilly's Bar and Grill - Good pub food. Outdoor dining as well as inside. Good beer. Located just South of Sea Pines Circle on Greenwood Dr.
- Old Oyster Factory - Good seafood. If you can get there by 5:15, should get in fairly quick, else wait can be 1-2 hours. Overlooks Broad Creek
- Mangiamo's - Decent pizza and Italian food. OSU décor
- Marley's Seafood - Good seafood, kind of Key West atmosphere. Located just south of Sea Pines Circle at corner of Greenwood Dr and Office Park Rd
- Giuseppe's Pizza - Very Good Pizza. Can be a long wait, which is why we went to Mangiamo last time. Located just North of Mall on 278, by Fuddruckers
- Stickey Fingers - Barbeque Place. Located on Palmetto Bay Rd couple blocks from Sea Pines Circle.
- Little Venice - Very good Italian. Located at Shelter Cove Marina. Nice to walk around and see the Yachts
- Salty Dog Café - If you are at South Beach, this is okay. Eating on the pier is fun (but can be very hot in afternoon).
There are tons of places to eat. These are some of the ones I prefer.
You should go to Harbor Town. They have a couple out door bars, plus a guy that entertains families every night. Yachts are phenomenal. Couple places to eat, but nothing spectacular. You might want to pay your dollar to go up in the lighthouse, since you haven't been there. View of 18th hole of Heritage.